Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

mudbone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'll be honest i did not read through all 200+ pages in this thread so if the answer lies within this thread i apologize!!!
biggrin.gif

but my problem is, im trying to get PDC Darts 2009(pal) working on my 3.2u system. i have many games pal and ntsc and all work flawlessly, this is the only game that is giving me problems! i get the 002 error when trying to use backup launcher in hbc. not the first time i got that error, but i have a backup launcher wad installed as well with 002 error fixed and it took care of the games with that problem in the past! but with this game it freezes at the green screen!

i did some searching and the only thing i can figure from my reading is that i need cIOS249_rev7 or higher to get this game to work. but i also am having a hard time finding the files to install this! and im not even really sure what version i have installed now cause i deleted it from my memstick after i was done installing everything!

so to end this novel of a question. do i need to update my cIOS249 and if so where can i get it. and am i risking loosing use of any of my other games by doing this?

thanks
mud

anomousny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, I'm new to the Wii scene, but in a 10 hour marathon I already succeeded in acquiring some basic knowledge and installing Firmware 4.0 with Neogamma Loader Beta 4 RC (based on Game Loader Gamma), USB-Loader GX, cIOS38-13b, Homebrew Channel, Wad Manager, BootMii Beta2 (boot2). I tried a backup of one of my games and it works.

Do I need anything else (besides some Emulators, Scumm and Homebrew Games) to remove all possible protections and use my system to the fullest? Reading through a lot of topics it seamed so much more complicated. I read about Downgrading, changing IOS-files, patches for homebrew tools to remove "anti piracy" behavior, etc., but I didn't have to do all this to get my 3.3 Wii to 4.0 with working backups, working Wad Manager, etc. Have I missed something or was I just lucky to have an old firmware to start with?

I'm thinking about getting an USB-harddrive. Will all games that work with Game Loader (or Neogamma Loader) also work from my USB-harddrive using USB-Loader GX? Will loading times be improved for some or all games? Can you recommend a good 2.5" drive with power supply through a SINGLE USB-cable? (I need the second USB-slot for my LAN-Adapter) Is the "Seagate FreeAgent Go 320GB" a good solution? Does it use a single USB-cable as power supply?

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get bootmii have a memory card bigger than 1gb. So you can restore your wii if you bricked it. Second, if you have a USB hdd(Usb external harddrive) get USB loader, you can format it to wbfs and play your games from the hdd. There's a guide in the backup loaders section.

anomousny said:
Hello, I'm new to the Wii scene, but in a 10 hour marathon I already succeeded in acquiring some basic knowledge and installing Firmware 4.0 with Neogamma Loader Beta 4 RC (based on Game Loader Gamma), USB-Loader GX, cIOS38-13b, Homebrew Channel, Wad Manager, BootMii Beta2 (boot2). I tried a backup of one of my games and it works.

Do I need anything else (besides some Emulators, Scumm and Homebrew Games) to remove all possible protections and use my system to the fullest? Reading through a lot of topics it seamed so much more complicated. I read about Downgrading, changing IOS-files, patches for homebrew tools to remove "anti piracy" behavior, etc., but I didn't have to do all this to get my 3.3 Wii to 4.0 with working backups, working Wad Manager, etc. Have I missed something or was I just lucky to have an old firmware to start with?

I'm thinking about getting an USB-harddrive. Will all games that work with Game Loader (or Neogamma Loader) also work from my USB-harddrive using USB-Loader GX? Will loading times be improved for some or all games? Can you recommend a good 2.5" drive with power supply through a SINGLE USB-cable? (I need the second USB-slot for my LAN-Adapter) Is the "Seagate FreeAgent Go 320GB" a good solution? Does it use a single USB-cable as power supply?

phrozenfeonix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
QUOTE said:
Would someone mind explaining the differences between...
cIOS Downgrader
IOS Downgrader
Firmware Downgrader
Thanks!

cIOS Downgrader is the first downgrader ever, and it is called cIOS because it needs a cIOS to work, it only install the sysmenu, required IOS, BC and MIOS.
IOS downgrader downloads trucha hackeable version of IOSes and install them, installs IOSes from 12 to 37
Firmware Downgrader is the same as cIOS downgrader, updated with the latest 4.0 and with the name changed so the people don't get confused with cIOS downgrade and IOS downgrade

...!!
smile.gif

Is there any special order i should be installing these things if i want to say, downgrade from 3.4 to 3.2u?
Would it be best to go Firmware D/G, and then IOS D/G, or can i skip IOS D/G and cIOS D/G all together and just do a Firmware D/G?

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I never got a straight answer on this question. I'm currently on 3.2u with my hacked mIOS and cioscorp backuploading. I would like to move to 4.0 to get my SDHC support, but I do not want to lose disc channel backup loading or my hacked mIOS. What is the exact process to update whilst retaining my features? Please i need exact answers, no beating around the bush.

g0at

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, first off - appologies for the length / retardedness of this post... I've read through the majority of this thread, as well as the starters hacking guides... I'm still none the wiser what to do, I'm wondering whether someone could help me out as i'm seriously reconsidering softmodding as i honestly haven't got a clue...

What I have
PAL Wii with e3.4
512Mb SDCard
Wi-fi
is not LU64 serial (thank fuck)

What i'm trying to achieve
- Updating to 4.0 firmware (what benefits does this give me other than ability to run usbloader - which unless i'm mistaken only works on 4.0 firmware?)

- install usbloader (only works with v4.0??)

- Ability to play burned games

- Install some protection so new originals dont do funky shit with firmware

- Turn off further auto-firmware updates

- Ability to play multi-region burns / games on USB HDD

I'd like to do all of this without any packs that are knocking about on the net, i'd like to know what i'm installing and how i'm doing it...

Where I'm stuck

Pretty much right at the begining..

1) Should i auto-update to 4.0 now via wiiconnect24? I'm thinking I may as well as I have to do the same stuff on a 3.4 as a 4.0?
2) Ok, I download bannerbomb from here.. http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/aads/aad1f_v108.zip
3) Whack BB on my SDCard, launch boot.dol from the Wii
------- What exactly does running bannerbomb from SDCard do? What should I see on my wii? what difference does banner bomb make?-----------

4) Install HBC / BootMii by downloading from here: http://bootmii.org/download/
------- How do i install this? The file in the zip is a .elf file, presumably after running BannerBomb I can access my SDCARD on the wii and start installing other files? -----------

5) What is bootmii - what does it do? (i.e the link in [4])
6) I've read about starfall and preloader - what are these / how do I install them? Which is better? Will bootmii do their job instead?
7) Where can i get USBLoader / Backup Launcher (geco??) / Region changers - how do i install them and where does it install to or do they come as part of the HBC (the link in [4])? Is there a better gui for usb loader as it looks shit tbh.. what's all this coverflow about?

8) What's the crack with cIOS? Presumably this is critical to playing backup games? Where do I get cIOS packs from and how do i install them? Do I need another app installed to read the cios images?

Thanks, in anticipation... there seems so many different methods out there, i just want the latest, most compatible set of apps on my wii, just have not got a clue how to go about doing this...

edit:
9) finally - usb hdd - i'm looking at this cheap and cheerful one from ebuyer (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150507)
a) will this drive be recongsined with usb loader?
b) what do i have to do with the .iso image? Does it have to be extracted / prepared in anyway or can i just format on pc (fat 16??) and create a 'games' directory with all of the iso images in?

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in regards to my question, I answered it myself (Thank god i had those CIOScorp wads. I installed everything just fine. CIOS60BF is a must. Gonna try the my hacked mIOS next!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@g0at
1) Install the HBC with the hackmii installer (place it in the sd root and name it boot.dol) using bannerbomb/twilight hack

2) The usbloader does NOT require an update to 4.0. The only thing it needs is cIOSr9 or higher. Installing it seems like a good step 2.

3) Use the ultimate 4.0 guide (found here) if you want 4.0 (this will give you SD card menu and the newest IOS to play all games
smile.gif
). This guide gives you preloader, which enables update blocking, brick protection and region free games.

misenial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi everybody,
I've been searching around and couldn't find a clear answer to this problem. I'd be really grateful if someone can help me with this or point me to a thread with the definitive solution that I wasn't able to find
smile.gif

I have a Wii NTSC-U with D2Pro modchip, system version 3.2U. I never updated anything, and have *never* used a backup without running it through WiiBrickBlocker first. I've also managed to install HBC, Gamma Loader, WadManager and Any Title Deleter.

The problem I'm having is that I can't run the 'newer' games through the Disc Channel. For example, I can't run backups of MadWorld, Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Boom Blox Bash Party and Little King's Story. The disc loads correctly, but after I click on "Start", I just get a black screen.

After searching a bit, I found that the problem may have been that I'm missing the newer IOSs. However, I've tried extracting them from the backups through WiiScrubber, checking which I'm missing through Any Title Deleter, and installing the missing IOS through WadManager, and I still have the same problem. This only solved the issue for Boom Blox Bash Party, so I can now load it through the Disc Channel, but for all others I'm still stuck having to use Gamma Loader.

Does anyone know if there's a way to always load games through the Disc Channel, since I have a modchip?

Thank you!!!

PS. At first I thought it might have been something to do with PAL/NTSC, but I remember clearly that I've been able to run older PAL games through the Disc Channel with no problems.

towyc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, what are the file types of the backup files that are actually written onto the usb harddrive, are they normal iso files? or wbfs iso files? or rom (btw what is rom for..)? Thanks alot

benbjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, I got myself confused again. Here is the basics: I have a Wii with Wiikey and 3.2E firmware.

From what I understand I need to install Homebrew Channel using Twilight Hack. For this I need an SD card

rauschfukt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi,i am having problems with system hacks showing up in preloader. I put the hack.ini (which some one made, I have a mac) into the root of the sd card the hackini is not showing up. am i doing somthing wrong?

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok one more small little question. What can I do to get my action replay working again on my wii? I tryed cMIOS rev 3, and mios patcher rev 3, they both fail to read the action replay disk. What version of mIOS do i need to install to get it working again? Thanks!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
misenial said:
Hi everybody,
I've been searching around and couldn't find a clear answer to this problem. I'd be really grateful if someone can help me with this or point me to a thread with the definitive solution that I wasn't able to find
smile.gif

I have a Wii NTSC-U with D2Pro modchip, system version 3.2U. I never updated anything, and have *never* used a backup without running it through WiiBrickBlocker first. I've also managed to install HBC, Gamma Loader, WadManager and Any Title Deleter.

The problem I'm having is that I can't run the 'newer' games through the Disc Channel. For example, I can't run backups of MadWorld, Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Boom Blox Bash Party and Little King's Story. The disc loads correctly, but after I click on "Start", I just get a black screen.

After searching a bit, I found that the problem may have been that I'm missing the newer IOSs. However, I've tried extracting them from the backups through WiiScrubber, checking which I'm missing through Any Title Deleter, and installing the missing IOS through WadManager, and I still have the same problem. This only solved the issue for Boom Blox Bash Party, so I can now load it through the Disc Channel, but for all others I'm still stuck having to use Gamma Loader.

Does anyone know if there's a way to always load games through the Disc Channel, since I have a modchip?

Thank you!!!

PS. At first I thought it might have been something to do with PAL/NTSC, but I remember clearly that I've been able to run older PAL games through the Disc Channel with no problems.
I think there are still some ios missing. Try running the games with the newest geckoOs, it should install the needed IOS without updating the wii

towyc said:
Hello, what are the file types of the backup files that are actually written onto the usb harddrive, are they normal iso files? or wbfs iso files? or rom (btw what is rom for..)? Thanks alot
.iso or .ciso, roms are for gba/ds

benbjo said:
Ok, I got myself confused again. Here is the basics: I have a Wii with Wiikey and 3.2E firmware.

From what I understand I need to install Homebrew Channel using Twilight Hack. For this I need an SD card

forza11

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
what i have =

Pal Wii 3.3E with Wiikey.

Questions:
- can i play the newer games (punch-out, pikmin etc.) without troubles or do I have to re-mod my wii in any way?
- can i upgrade the wii to the latest firmware without crashing it or disabling my wiikey in some way?

Stevk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed the HBC and Bootmii as an IOS (Wii is 4.0E). My friend ended up deleting his SD card if I try to run the bannerbomb hack again the Wii crashes. I can't start bootmii from HBC I can't find the files of an installed bootmii for the SD card. Help would be much appreciated.

toas_t

Trophies
XP
Country
benbjo said:

toas_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Stevk said:
I installed the HBC and Bootmii as an IOS (Wii is 4.0E). My friend ended up deleting his SD card if I try to run the bannerbomb hack again the Wii crashes. I can't start bootmii from HBC I can't find the files of an installed bootmii for the SD card. Help would be much appreciated.

As long as HBC is installed then you're cool.

Do either of the following.
1. Put the bootmii installer elf file onto an SD card under the /apps/bootmii folder, include a meta.xml and icon.png then from the HBC you should see your bootmii available to run.
OR
2. Run the HBC, and use wiiload.exe on your computer to load the bootmii.elf file from your computer.

Either of these will run the bootmii installation process, where you can choose to 'install SD card files' or whatever it is called.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu