Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
rndmh3ro said:
i try to upgrade my wii to 4.0 with waninkokos updater, but everytime I get an error ret = -1.
what can I do about this?

Same here, pal. Looks like today's a bad day to update...

EDIT: solved turning off WiiConnect24...dunno why, but it worked!

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thenewrich said:
I have just downgraded to 3.2 from 3.4 i have got the hdd loader installed and working great now i just want to add some brick protection to my wii...

should i just install preloader and starfall and if so what is the latest version of these! thanks in advance!

just install preloader. Latest version = 0.29 (somewhere down the first page of the wii hacking forum. doesnt work on 3.4 firmware)
install cIOS_r7, r8 or r9
download preloader 0.29
place hacks.ini found in the rar, in the root of the SD card
run preloader 0.29
install it (password is button '1' when the disclaimer shows)
then it's installed.

you can then set it to skip disc updates, region free your wii and any other hacks that will be discovered soon no doubt.
you'll also need to go to settings on the preloader menu and change autoboot to 'systemmenu' and also return to to 'systemmenu'

NOW A QUESTION of my own...

my wii currently has 1152 blocks of space remaining.
my SD card has 1500.

the sd has 190mb of space left.

which leads me to believe that my wii has less than 190mb of space left...

since saves are only small, and the only 2 major space takers i have installed on the wii are 'my life as a king' (287 blocks) and internet channel (254 blocks) that would leave me with 1693 blocks yes? i'd say that was just about over 200mb of wii space left.

my question is, how much memory does cIOSCORP, Preloader, cIOS_r9, etc take up? coz i'm wondering how the hell i've ended up with less than half my wii memory left when there arent that many saves on it lol.

anyone that can definately clear this up for me is a hero.

cheers

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys my Nintendo Wii broke, dunno why... it just doesnt power up anymore (tried with another AC power and still nothing), it has past its warranty (for quite a while). Plus i had a backup from a game in there and it has a wiikey...

how much is it usually for a repair in this state?

Is it worth buying another Wii? if so can new wii's be easily modded / sofmodded ?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dont go overboard about it... it might just be a faulty power cable.

mine did that once, i plugged it in and nothing, not even a red light on the power button.

so i unplugged it, put t on the bed, and started giving it a bit of a smack on the side, plugged it back in and strangely enough it worked lol.

try it if you like, i give you permission to use my violence method
tongue.gif

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, can someone list down some of the apps that most people commonly use? I would like to know so I can do some research on them before installing them.
One of the most common apps I've heard have the word "Mii" in there, e.g. FlatMii, bootmii, etc. and wondering if they're really important or not and what they do. Is there a site that lists all the wii apps aside from wiibrew.org?

Krayce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm not getting any replies in my own topic, so I'll copy them here.

Okay, I have a few more questions.

I just found out I have firmware 3.1U, so it should be fine for hardmodding right?

I've decided on a wiikey2, as it's the cheapest modchip, however, I'm confused on its compatibility with my own wii. I see that it depends on my drive? How do I figure out which one do I get?

So as I understand, the wiikey2 simply tricks the wii into thinking that backups are real and updating has no effect on the wiikey2. Is this correct?

Also, how do I take out the update parts on games that haven't taken it out already?

Oh God, I ask so many questions... but one more.... sorry guys!

I tried out wiiscrubber on mario tennis, but it didn't take anything out. The new file was 4.7 GB. What did I do wrong?

Thanks again guys!!!

Also... trucha? I see this option in wiiscrubber, but I don't know what it is.

That's from my other topic, I do have some other questions. Since I can't burn dual layer discs, I'm going to buy Brawl, would I be able to play it if I hardmodded my wii with wiikey2? It'd be okay wouldn't it because it's okay for me to update?

The whole thing has me so confused guys...

nismohks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i was just told that the version 4 update blocks all modified games!

i have a PAL wii v4 with DriveKey and that definitely seems to be true

welshy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys please help. I have installed 1.1 USB loader. I have an external HD 300gb and it is formatted to NTFS. I am getting error (ret = -6). the hard drive already has 150gb worth of stuff on it which I don't want to lose. How do I load games on it without losing my files.

Thanks in advance

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
welshy said:
Guys please help. I have installed 1.1 USB loader. I have an external HD 300gb and it is formatted to NTFS. I am getting error (ret = -6). the hard drive already has 150gb worth of stuff on it which I don't want to lose. How do I load games on it without losing my files.

Thanks in advance

You have to format it with the tool before it'll work. Which means you'll lose your data.

Anyways, I'm on 3.2 with cios rev 9, usb launcher 1.1, and basically the softmii 2.01 pack. For whatever reason I can't launch zelda. again. -.-

I can launch it as a backup from the usb laucher 1.1, but for some reason the disc just goes to a black screen when launched. If I reinstall ios 9, will it work?

Czero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on 3.3u firmware and have the HBC. I recently added the USB loader. As part of that I installed the IOS36 but to my knowledge I haven't done any other IOS changes. Are there any tweaks I need to do that might help in running games. I rented madworld and had to find a channel that had the gamma with 002 fix. If I were to load that game via the USB loader would I get the 002 error? I want to make surei am not missing any fundamental changes such as adding an IOS I am missing or patching some IOS. Thanks!

michaelmurray

Trophies
XP
Country
hey. i have a load of questions regarding recent developments and would really appreciate if someone could enlighten me on a few things. i've tried in vain to find out for myself but to no avail so here goes:

i'm on 3.3e and have been running gamma 0.3 with the 002 fix for a while with no real problems so..

1. is it worth going through the upgrade to 4.0?

2. will i gain any added functionality from this upgrade?

3. will i gain/lose any apps in the process? [i know you lose preloader and starfall, i'm only really bothered about gamma and gc backup launcher]

4. will the usb loader eventually be able to run ISOs direct from HDD? [i'm wondering if i should hold off on installing this as i don't really rent games etc.]

thanks in advance

smile.gif

Angelus3K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I need some help.

I'm on 3.2E with HBC installed etc

I'm trying to install the new Rev 9 IOS for the USB Loader, I placed IOS36-64-v1042.wad on root of SD and run the cIOS Rev 9 installer, it comes up Patching Custom IOS, Please Wait... then says Extracting content #00... 1 patches applied! content #01... 5 patches applied! then content #14... ERROR! (ret = -1)

Any ideas whats going wrong? I'm not sure what I need to delete with AnyTitleDeleter to start over with it, I guess the IOS249 one and deleted that and tried again but still same thing.

Cheers

EDIT: Sorry, on 3.3E if that makes a difference.

msab13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my Wii back up to speed with Softmii. I have some older disks that I had used when a patch was needed for the older version of backup launcher. These patched disks will no longer read through the disk channel, whereas they had run with backup launcher 03g. I am looking to take advantage of the USB loader and put everything on a usb drive. My question is this, is there anyway to "un patch" an iso? I still have the iso's on my HDD. If this is not possible, can I reinstill a backup launcher that reads patched disks and use the USB loader to copy them over??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: same goes with most mammals