Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

jonny2time

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am totally lost with trying to get my wii to play back ups.
Originally i had version 3.3u and nothing would work so i tried to downgrade it and am now at 2.2 but still having problems.
I dont know what loader to use with version 2.2 or if that is even an issue.
I am tying to use gamma but i get dvd error when i try to force ntsc that's about the closest i can get.
homebrew channel is working fine and none of the zelda install was an issue.
do i need to upgrade again?

the biggest problem i have is i can never find any of the files the guides are talking about.

Noob in need of help

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jonny2time said:
I am totally lost with trying to get my wii to play back ups.
Originally i had version 3.3u and nothing would work so i tried to downgrade it and am now at 2.2 but still having problems.
I dont know what loader to use with version 2.2 or if that is even an issue.
I am tying to use gamma but i get dvd error when i try to force ntsc that's about the closest i can get.
homebrew channel is working fine and none of the zelda install was an issue.
do i need to upgrade again?

the biggest problem i have is i can never find any of the files the guides are talking about.

Noob in need of help
Read the stickies
[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119660]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119660[/url]
I advise upgrading to 3.4, then downgrading to 3.2 using this guide (skip preparation)

Posts merged

QUOTE(EnigmaXtreme @ Feb 26 2009, 11:07 AM) I sound very n00bish for asking this, but with GeckoOs, do u have to restart to play other region games or can you just select "Launch Game" in GeckoOs
Both methods work

MaxDeUh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxDeUh said:
Wow, the Wii hacking community is by far the most stubborn/arrogant community I've ever seen.
Let me know how insulting a group of people and then asking for their help works out for you.

I simply move to another forum.
yaynds.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
alexkapi12 said:
I just found out to use save extractor you need the original game, is there any way to skip that?

yes use preloader with the NoCopy hacks enabled OR use the rebooter function in gamma launcher, go to settings to activate the NoCopyFlags, then go to the Wii Settings where the save data is, and just copy your save to the SD

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
MaxDeUh said:
Wow, the Wii hacking community is by far the most stubborn/arrogant community I've ever seen.

Sometimes when I leave HBC, instead of bringing me back to the menu, it takes me to a black screen with "3.2(USA)" written in white in the lower-right hand corner. And if I have a game in my Wii, it usually just resets the game. For example, I use Gecko OS to run various Brawl hacks (No tripping, Music swap, Replay) and when I hit the Home button and go back to the Wii menu, this happens every once in awhile. Right now I was just testing out a game on SNES9x, and when I went to leave the HBC, it happened. And since I didn't have any game disc in my Wii, my Wii just sort of froze.

Unplug any GC thing off the Wii, and why do you say we are arrogant..?? stubborn hell yeah, but arrogant..?? seriously...?? I'll bet you come back cause there is not enough info out there...!!
laugh.gif

D

Deleted User

Dude, we are not insulting you.

Every question that you make is a NOOB QUESTION. If you read the stickies, you should know that you should put the questions there, instead of making a new thread.

Plus, GBATemp is the biggest Wii Hacking board known to man. So, you should use your common sense, and figure out that your questions are probably commonly answered, then with your common sense, you should have searched and found your answer.

Furthermore, instead of being a smart ass, just do what everyone else suggests.

All in all, it ends the problem being your ego.

EDIT: Why didn't I quote that >__

Wiinie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since i can not find the answer to my question i will post it here just incase i overlooked it.

Is there a way to connect my Wii to my network that does not have internet connection wirelessly so that i may dump games?

I have already tried dvd dumper 1.2/1.3 and get errors over sd/usb, and i do have custom Cios installed. Tried Ftpii but it apperas i need the internet for that as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
alexkapi12 said:
I just found out to use save extractor you need the original game, is there any way to skip that?
use preloader and use the NoCopy hacks, its way easier. that is of course if you have preloader installed
smile.gif

QUOTE(Wiinie @ Feb 26 2009, 07:02 PM) Since i can not find the answer to my question i will post it here just incase i overlooked it.

Is there a way to connect my Wii to my network that does not have internet connection wirelessly so that i may dump games?

I have already tried dvd dumper 1.2/1.3 and get errors over sd/usb, and i do have custom Cios installed. Tried Ftpii but it apperas i need the internet for that as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

in FTPii you need an internet connection yeah... have you got the latest V of dvd dumper? (sorry, i dunno if 1.3 is the latest XD)

and now 2 questions of my own...

can someone link me to the GC compatibility gbatemp wiki please?

AND i've just made a multigame GC iso and before burning was wondering if it will run in the disc channel using wiigators Mios v3? or would it only work in the GC backup loader from the HBC using waninkokos Mios?

i wonder since the data on the disc is more than 1.39 that the wii wont recognise it as a GC disc but because it is less than 4.3 (or whatever wii is) that it wont recognise it as a wii game either...

MaxDeUh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Max, seriously stop it.

This is his brother. And I want the Wii to be fixed as well. I apologize for my brother being a total douche. Anyways, can anyone help us out? The GCN controller/memory card issue isn't the problem, because it happens when no controller/memory card is in the Wii.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm... i dont see how saying 'i'm his brother' will stop people if its online lol

besides that, if he's a total douche why is he allowed to go near the wii to hack/ mess with any settings at all?

and sorry, i dont know whats up with ur wii, i've never actually heard of that error occuring since homebrew started here actually lol

ALSO
since this is the top of a new page and people may have missed these questions on the last page i'll stick them here too, just so's not to add a new topic or double post un-necessarily lol

can someone link me to the GC compatibility gbatemp wiki please?

AND i've just made a multigame GC iso and before burning was wondering if it will run in the disc channel using wiigators Mios v3? or would it only work in the GC backup loader from the HBC using waninkokos Mios?

i wonder since the data on the disc is more than 1.39 that the wii wont recognise it as a GC disc but because it is less than 4.3 (or whatever wii is) that it wont recognise it as a wii game either...

MaxDeUh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
hmm... i dont see how saying 'i'm his brother' will stop people if its online lol

besides that, if he's a total douche why is he allowed to go near the wii to hack/ mess with any settings at all?

and sorry, i dont know whats up with ur wii, i've never actually heard of that error occuring since homebrew started here actually lol

It's his Wii. And he actually knows more about this stuff than I do. If someone can please help us out, I'd appreciate it. And he will too, maybe. I should really get my own account here.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ah right. still, alot of people here had no idea what was goin on when homebrew appeared. i was a member here before it started and then when i returned, BANG everything was exploding and the twilight hack had just been discovered lol

i understand that its hard to join in halfway through something like this. but if its just the HBC you've put on and not messed with any system files like IOS then everything should be fine i guess.

again, sorry but this info isnt gonna help you lol

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
JJBro1 said:
if you want to play a pal wii or gcn game all you have to do is force pal? Or is there more to it?
No, force your wiis (or tv's) region, not the one of the game
how do i force my wii's region? And do i have to do anything on my tv if its sd?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are...