Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
i think that tj-cool is assuming that you have preloader installed. you can do it through that, or you can set to force a region in the loaders if you are are using gamma loader or whatever.

sorry if my assumption is wrong there tj
ya im using the gamma loader by wiigator, so all i have to do is select the force pal option right?

HandsomePete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am an idiot and installed a pal healthscreen on an ntsc wii. now my wii boots to a black screen. Any way to fix this? semi brick discs? autoboot creator? hbc iso?

Thanks for any help

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
JJBro1 said:
mikeyt1998 said:
i think that tj-cool is assuming that you have preloader installed. you can do it through that, or you can set to force a region in the loaders if you are are using gamma loader or whatever.

sorry if my assumption is wrong there tj
ya im using the gamma loader by wiigator, so all i have to do is select the force pal option right?

yeah i think thats what he means
smile.gif
if not then try a few different settings, cant hurt to try! also, do you know which version of cIOS you have installed? that could help lol if its rev36_v07 (or just version 7 put simply lol) then you should be fine
smile.gif

QUOTE(HandsomePete @ Feb 26 2009, 10:54 PM)
I am an idiot and installed a pal healthscreen on an ntsc wii. now my wii boots to a black screen. Any way to fix this? semi brick discs? autoboot creator? hbc iso?

Thanks for any help

yeah if you have preloader installed then load it up (turn on wii and hold down reset button straight away) then select 'load homebrew channel' then install the original health screen. another way is to use the any region changer that comes with the softmii package and use that through preloader.

if you dont have preloader i'm sure theres other ways. i think there are a few if you have a modchip, but someone else will have to help you out here i'm afraid lol

MaxDeUh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
ah right. still, alot of people here had no idea what was goin on when homebrew appeared. i was a member here before it started and then when i returned, BANG everything was exploding and the twilight hack had just been discovered lol

i understand that its hard to join in halfway through something like this. but if its just the HBC you've put on and not messed with any system files like IOS then everything should be fine i guess.

again, sorry but this info isnt gonna help you lol

Well, from what I understand he used some apps to downgrade to the Wii's 3.2 firmware, and we have bunch of stuff on it. Wii/GCN Back-up launcher, Starfall (Don't know what this...), etc.

HandsomePete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks mikeyt1998

no preloader im afraid

here goes the whole story

wiikey installed

moved from canada to europe
used any regionchanger to change to 3.2E
installed preloader
couldnt get games to work so used it again to change back to 3.2U
no preloader
used healthii to install custom healthscreen that i forgot i made for PAL
reboot wii
black screen

again any help is greatly appreciated

alexkapi12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
alexkapi12 said:
I just found out to use save extractor you need the original game, is there any way to skip that?

yes use preloader with the NoCopy hacks enabled OR use the rebooter function in gamma launcher, go to settings to activate the NoCopyFlags, then go to the Wii Settings where the save data is, and just copy your save to the SD

Thank you very much!

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ MaxDeUh

hmm, you dont think he could have downgraded to the wrong region do you? i cant remember if you stated that earlier and i cant remember if that gives you a brick or changes your region. i may be confusing it with any region changer lol.

besides that, starfall allows you to run a recovery disc if you have managed to brick your wii which reinstalls the correct region (i think AGAIN) if you hold Y on a gamecube controller plugged into controller port 4 on the wii when you turn it on. still i'm not sure as i've never used starfall. i went straight to something called preloader. its all over the forum so you really should have heard about it.

@ HandsomePete

since you have a wiikey i think you have a possibility to download a recovery disc which can repair the system files by replacing all system files with the originals. someone else might have to tell you about it though as i've only gathered that info from reading random things from this forum lol

i think you have it as an autoboot disc or something so that it skips out the health screen and menu. but ONCE AGAIN i'm unsure
tongue.gif
its surely something like that
smile.gif

@ everyone else

i realise i've been saying 'i think' and 'i'm unsure' alot tonight lol but thats only for things that i've never used myself such as starfall, recovery discs and modchips
tongue.gif
i know you probably dont care but i thought i'd point it out anyways in case of someone text shouting 'you have no idea what you're saying!!' XD its there to be corrected for whoever knows better!
smile.gif

and that babbling on is a sign that i'm tired and should go to bed now. night all
smile.gif

MaxDeUh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Just checked. We're still on 3.2u. Everything works fine, I just can't return to the Wii Menu after anything.

MaxDeUh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post but here's something weird.

If I get to a game then go back to the menu every thing works fine. I even checked this out in the HBC, works fine. But then I had an idea. And in the end, I was right. I went to Brawl, plugged in a GCN controller, and went to the Character Select Screen. I removed the controller and then tried to go Home. And I got the message.

Weird or what?

D

Deleted User

Something isn't installed right.

In this case, it shall be Starfall.

Uninstall starfall (Load starfall, and remove all hacks). Then, install preloader (I suggested this in one of your brother's thread, but he didn't listen to me)

MaxDeUh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so uninstall Starfall by removing all hacks. I asked my brother what that meant (He has no idea I'm using his account, hope he doesn't get pissed XD), I'm assuming it means uninstalling the things he installed? (He just showed me the Starfall page) and then download Preloader. Alright, got it. Thanks!

MaxDeUh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I took a look (lolwut) at the Starfall app in the HBC. And it has a list of things saying (installed) by them. Should I switch them to (uninstall)? Is that what you mean by removing hacks? Sorry, I'm still not quite sure what Starfall is....

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EnigmaXtreme said:
Does anyone remember the storage solution announcement?

http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/02/nintend...ution-sd-cards/

Well when that comes around, will I be able to install wads directly onto the SD card?

Possibly, but I think there might be some hurdles to overcome...
This feature will probably require using a new sysmenu with whatever current and new protections they might add to it.
WadManager might have to be rewritten to install wads to the SD instead of NAND.

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SilverSurfR said:
EnigmaXtreme said:
Does anyone remember the storage solution announcement?

http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/02/nintend...ution-sd-cards/

Well when that comes around, will I be able to install wads directly onto the SD card?

Possibly, but I think there might be some hurdles to overcome...
This feature will probably require using a new sysmenu with whatever current and new protections they might add to it.
WadManager might have to be rewritten to install wads to the SD instead of NAND.

For some reason that sounds much safer lol

Seaniccus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a copy of twilight Princess and I'm not interested in buying one. Can one safely install homebrew through the use of a SaveMii device? From what I read it seems to allow you to run anything you want on the Wii, and it might be handy to have around as a repair device as well.

Edit: I read more carefully! Apparently not.

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seaniccus said:
I don't have a copy of twilight Princess and I'm not interested in buying one. Can one safely install homebrew through the use of a SaveMii device? From what I read it seems to allow you to run anything you want on the Wii, and it might be handy to have around as a repair device as well.

Edit: I read more carefully! Apparently not.

You can always just borrow/rent a copy of Twilight Princess and install the Homebrew Channel using the Twilight hack. After that u dont need Twilight Princess

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
I was going to make a seperate thread but thought it didn't need it...

Okay, I've done all the searching I can on this forum and on google and I still can't fix it...

I got Onslaught the other day and I'm getting #002 error. I read that I need these:
IOS38-64-v3609.wad
IOS53-64-v4113.wad
IOS55-64-v4633.wad

I got them all and installed them and I still get the error. Any ideas anyone? Any IOS's I should delete, maybe??

Thanx for ya help! biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1