Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

juju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the Trucha Bug error fixed, but now I'm getting another on the next step when trying to install cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad. It says:

Installing WAD, please wait...
Installing content s05... ERROR! (ret = -1022)

And I get an error similar to this for every cIOS's that are recommended for disc loading. How can I get this to work?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
juju said:
I got the Trucha Bug error fixed, but now I'm getting another on the next step when trying to install cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad. It says:

And I get an error similar to this for every cIOS's that are recommended for disc loading. How can I get this to work?
are you using the patched ios36 for installing the wads? if yes then the installer still cannot do its thing, your wii must have stub ios.

juju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
juju said:

are you using the patched ios36 for installing the wads? if yes then the installer still cannot do its thing, your wii must have stub ios.
I'm not sure what to do then because I 'Keep pressing A until it takes you back to the IOS selection screen' like the guide says, but I never do get back to the IOS selection screen, the process just keeps repeating over and over until I exit. It'll say 'You have IOS 36 successfully installed as an IOS that can accept fakesigning! Continue to Dop-IOS MOD? Are you sure you want to continue?'
And then if I exit, I go back into the Dop-IOS MOD, select IOS: 60, press A and then it says 'No stubs found.'

So I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when you run dop-ios mod 10.1, i believe you are using this version, at first you have to select a patched ios for this app to use. since you have successfully done TBR then you have a patched ios36. use this to run dop-ios mod. then at the menu of this app, choose remove stub ios. let it do its thing. if successful, try to install again the cios wad that you are installing using wad manager. in wad manager you have to choose again ios36 because this is your patched ios at first. but if you do have cios249, you may use this for running wad manager.

juju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
when you run dop-ios mod 10.1, i believe you are using this version, at first you have to select a patched ios for this app to use. since you have successfully done TBR then you have a patched ios36. use this to run dop-ios mod. then at the menu of this app, choose remove stub ios. let it do its thing. if successful, try to install again the cios wad that you are installing using wad manager. in wad manager you have to choose again ios36 because this is your patched ios at first. but if you do have cios249, you may use this for running wad manager.
I have two Dop-IOS Mods, v9 & v10.1. When I try to install IOS36 on v9, it works but then it takes me through this endless loop where it wants to keep installing it when I hit continue (it even says 'You have IOS 36 successfully installed as an IOS that can accept fakesigning!' every time), rather than taking me back to the main menu. When I turn off my Wii and go back and select IOS: 60, it says there are No Stubs Found. When I try to install IOS36 on v10.1, I get the following error:

Getting IOS36 revision 3351 and I have to hit and then it says:
Could not open file: sd:/IOS36-64-v3351.wad
Could not open file: sd:/IOS36-64-v3351.wad.out.wad
Error reading IOS into memory
IOS36 installation failed.

:/

Edit: I deleted Dop IOS Mod v9, sticking with just v10.1. I don't know what to do anymore. Dop IOS Mod v10.1 installed IOS36 when I had both Mods, and downloaded from NUS. Then when it took me back to HBC and I went back to remove the stubs, it said there were no stubs found. I got rid of Dop IOS Mod v9, and now Dop IOS Mod v10.1 won't install IOS36 anymore because it makes an 'Error in the http request' or something like that, and then the screen gets messed up and I'm forced to turn off the Wii.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
juju said:
I have two Dop-IOS Mods, v9 & v10.1. When I try to install IOS36 on v9, it works but then it takes me through this endless loop where it wants to keep installing it when I hit continue (it even says 'You have IOS 36 successfully installed as an IOS that can accept fakesigning!' every time), rather than taking me back to the main menu. When I turn off my Wii and go back and select IOS: 60, it says there are No Stubs Found. When I try to install IOS36 on v10.1, I get the following error:
Getting IOS36 revision 3351 and I have to hit and then it says:
Could not open file: sd:/IOS36-64-v3351.wad
Could not open file: sd:/IOS36-64-v3351.wad.out.wad
Error reading IOS into memory
IOS36 installation failed.
:/
Edit: I deleted Dop IOS Mod v9, sticking with just v10.1. I don't know what to do anymore. Dop IOS Mod v10.1 installed IOS36 when I had both Mods, and downloaded from NUS. Then when it took me back to HBC and I went back to remove the stubs, it said there were no stubs found. I got rid of Dop IOS Mod v9, and now Dop IOS Mod v10.1 won't install IOS36 anymore because it makes an 'Error in the http request' or something like that, and then the screen gets messed up and I'm forced to turn off the Wii.
so you have no stub ios based on your post and according to your previous post you have managed to patch ios36 (accomplish TBR) using dop-ios mod. so the next thing you have to do is to install cios right. you could do that by choosing patched (trucha bugged) ios36 for running the cios installers and that's it.

juju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
so you have no stub ios based on your post and according to your previous post you have managed to patch ios36 (accomplish TBR) using dop-ios mod. so the next thing you have to do is to install cios right. you could do that by choosing patched (trucha bugged) ios36 for running the cios installers and that's it.
How do I do that? When I go to install the cios in the Wad Manager, I just highlight the one I want, press A twice, and then I get the following error:

There's no option to chose IOS36 to run cios installers.

Edit: Okay now I was able to install:
cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad
cIOS250-v14.wad
IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad

But not:
cIOS222[38+37]-v4.wad
cIOS223[38]-v4.wad
cIOS249-v14.wad

Why is everything inconsistent and work sometimes, while other times it won't? I don't get (ret = -1022) anymore, it's now (ret = -1035).

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
juju said:
How do I do that? When I go to install the cios in the Wad Manager, I just highlight the one I want, press A twice, and then I get the following error:

ok relax man. if you are using wad manager 1.5, it will ask you at first to choose what ios to use for the installation. choose ios36 because that is your patched ios.(unless you have unsuccessful TBR) then choose the wads you want to install.

juju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
juju said:

ok relax man. if you are using wad manager 1.5, it will ask you at first to choose what ios to use for the installation. choose ios36 because that is your patched ios.(unless you have unsuccessful TBR) then choose the wads you want to install.
Hmm, well then I must not have a successful TBR because I do not get the option of choosing ios36.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
juju said:
Hmm, well then I must not have a successful TBR because I do not get the option of choosing ios36.
i see. better do TBR again. this time use trucha bug restorer 1.11 here http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9333. there are some reports i believe that dop-ios mod 10.1 tbr somewhat doesn't work for some people.

after successfully doing TBR, try doing again wad manager and install wads using ios36 patched.

juju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
juju said:
i see. better do TBR again. this time use trucha bug restorer 1.11 here http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9333. there are some reports i believe that dop-ios mod 10.1 tbr somewhat doesn't work for some people.

after successfully doing TBR, try doing again wad manager and install wads using ios36 patched.
Okay I've gotten as far as being able to Downgrade IOS15, and then when I try to install IOS36 patched, it keeps saying:
ES_AddTitleStart returned: -2011
You need to use an IOS with trucha boy.
That's what the IOS15 downgrade is good for...

Then the install fails.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
juju said:
Okay I've gotten as far as being able to Downgrade IOS15, and then when I try to install IOS36 patched, it keeps saying:

Then the install fails.
do what it says. after downgrading ios15, you must use it for patching ios36. select ios15 for TBR to use for patching ios36.

edit: ok follow this (from tj_cool's post at CSG):

QUOTE2. Run Trucha Bug restorer. You will see a screen with a lot of text. Wait for the small message to appear at the bottom and press 1. (Don't press it before that!)

2a) Time to downgrade IOS15

* Leave the option at IOS36 and press B (no IOS reload).
* In the next menu, choose Downgrade IOS15.
* It will ask where to load the IOS from, choose Download IOS from NUS (if you follow the Offline guide, choose Load IOS from NUS).

It will go back to the HBC when finished. Run TBR again, wait for the text and press 1.
2b) Change the IOS to IOS15 and press A (NOT B).

* Now go in the IOS36 menu.
* Leave the top option to 36 and change all other things to yes.
* Once you did this, go to Install patched IOS and press A.
* It will again ask where to load the IOS from, so say Download IOS from NUS (if you follow the Offline guide, choose Load IOS from NUS).

It will go back to the HBC again so run TBR, wait for the text and press 1.
2c) Change the IOS back to IOS36 (if its not set to that) and press A.

* This time, choose Restore IOS15.
* If it asks you where to load the IOS from, you should know what to do by now.

juju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
juju said:

Then the install fails.
do what it says. after downgrading ios15, you must use it for patching ios36. select ios15 for TBR to use for patching ios36.

edit: ok follow this (from tj_cool's post at CSG):

QUOTE2. Run Trucha Bug restorer. You will see a screen with a lot of text. Wait for the small message to appear at the bottom and press 1. (Don't press it before that!)

2a) Time to downgrade IOS15

* Leave the option at IOS36 and press B (no IOS reload).
* In the next menu, choose Downgrade IOS15.
* It will ask where to load the IOS from, choose Download IOS from NUS (if you follow the Offline guide, choose Load IOS from NUS).

It will go back to the HBC when finished. Run TBR again, wait for the text and press 1.
2b) Change the IOS to IOS15 and press A (NOT B).

* Now go in the IOS36 menu.
* Leave the top option to 36 and change all other things to yes.
* Once you did this, go to Install patched IOS and press A.
* It will again ask where to load the IOS from, so say Download IOS from NUS (if you follow the Offline guide, choose Load IOS from NUS).

It will go back to the HBC again so run TBR, wait for the text and press 1.
2c) Change the IOS back to IOS36 (if its not set to that) and press A.

* This time, choose Restore IOS15.
* If it asks you where to load the IOS from, you should know what to do by now.
Alright cool, and so what do I do after this in order to be able to use disc backups? Do I just download the wads that are in the guide that are recommended for disc backup, and then get NeoGamma?

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've recently gotten into multi-game GCN discs, and am having trouble finding the best resource on what i should install and why.

completesoftmodguide said to install mios v.4, someone at an iso site said to use v.8, and i've heard to just install whichever version the MIOS patcher starts on, which is v.5 for me. so right now i'm on mios v.5 with the option to launch through the wii. i used wiigator's miospatcher 0.2.

i'm using the 0.2 version of the gclauncher, and using usb loader gx (rev 874) to launch the disc.

i downloaded an rpg disc, which works flawlessly, and i created two discs of my own. one is an SSX disc that has tricky, 3, and on tour. it works pretty well, i just have to remember that tricky requires a different button press to start it properly.

i should note that to make the discs, i'm using GCN Multi-Game ISO Creator 3.5.4F. i'm burning the discs onto DVD+R's, but i've changed the booktype to DVD-ROM.

my second disc, however, is the problem. it has nfl blitz 20-03 and Killer 7. blitz works fine, but killer 7 does not. it's a two disc game, and it's said to work on gbatemp's compatibility chart, but i cannot get it to load.

if anyone has any advice, or can link me to a decent and informative site or thread, i would appreciate it.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
juju said:
Alright cool, and so what do I do after this in order to be able to use disc backups? Do I just download the wads that are in the guide that are recommended for disc backup, and then get NeoGamma?
after trucha patching ios36, you could now install cios for backup loading. see here for cios249: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/waninkoko. i suggest you use cios249rev14. after successfully installing cios249 you could choose now a loader here of your choice: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers. then that's it. you could play backups through loaders. you could also install cios222/223 for optional backup loading cios...see here: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/hermes-cios. if cios249 fails to load a game, you could use hermes' cios instead.

hope helped you here somehow.

juju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
juju said:
after trucha patching ios36, you could now install cios for backup loading. see here for cios249: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/waninkoko. i suggest you use cios249rev14. after successfully installing cios249 you could choose now a loader here of your choice: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers. then that's it. you could play backups through loaders. you could also install cios222/223 for optional backup loading cios...see here: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/hermes-cios. if cios249 fails to load a game, you could use hermes' cios instead.

hope helped you here somehow.
Yes you have helped me so much
smile.gif
I really appreciate it, thank you for being patient with me. I will check those out now.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
juju said:
Yes you have helped me so much
smile.gif
I really appreciate it, thank you for being patient with me. I will check those out now.
don't mention it. just post your issue that you will encounter along the process. here to help out.

Pegase

Trophies
XP
Country
mistwolf said:
razorback78 said:
boof222 said:
mistwolf said:
I have a Wii modded to 4.2 using the all-wii guide, everything works fine and I am happy. But we just got the bundle pack of rock band, and when I put in the legit disk it wants to make me update. I know this is a Bad Plan. Moreover, I know Rock Band Beatles runs fine, since I'd used an ISO to make sure we liked it.

How do I get it to load without updating and risking bricking it? We're eager to use the new instruments, but they use dongles in the USB ports and don't work with USBLoader GX.
smile.gif

Thanks!
install hermes cios 222 and use it with uloader/GX and it should work
i think what he wants is just to skip disc updates.

She, and exactly. Managed it in the end, had a blast. Thanks for the advice all!
how did you manage it?
I'm having the same problem (wii upgraded to 4.2, Trucha removed, cios rev 14) but my wii insist on me updating.
I can run it through Neogamma but it's annoying having a legit game and still needing to use a backup loader!

Anyone know why it does that? is that a particular IOS that's causing the bug (since i'm already on 4.2, it's a bug for a disc to ask me to update)

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pegase said:
how did you manage it?
I'm having the same problem (wii upgraded to 4.2, Trucha removed, cios rev 14) but my wii insist on me updating.
I can run it through Neogamma but it's annoying having a legit game and still needing to use a backup loader!

Anyone know why it does that? is that a particular IOS that's causing the bug (since i'm already on 4.2, it's a bug for a disc to ask me to update)
you have to install priiloader or use startpatch to apply system menu hacks including enabling skip disc update.

Pegase

Trophies
XP
Country
razorback78 said:
Pegase said:
how did you manage it?

you have to install priiloader or use startpatch to apply system menu hacks including enabling skip disc update.
ok thanks, will try startpatch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: Idk