What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
use neogamma backup loader has the #002 fix built in to the app and use cIOS rev14
Shouldn't we add to that? the poster probably doesn't know what to do with it once she finds it.

Get Neogamma R8 R15. You should get, after unzipping, a folder called neogamma with three files in it. That goes in the apps folder on your SD card. Next download the cIOS rev14 installer. Unzip it and rename the dol file to boot.dol ,and put it in SD:/apps/anyfolder/, anyfolder replaced with whatever you want to call it. Put the SD card in your wii and run it using IOS249 and Network install

natasha8642

Trophies
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
longtom1 said:
use neogamma backup loader has the #002 fix built in to the app and use cIOS rev14
Shouldn't we add to that? the poster probably doesn't know what to do with it once she finds it.

Get Neogamma R8 R15. You should get, after unzipping, a folder called neogamma with three files in it. That goes in the apps folder on your SD card. Next download the cIOS rev14 installer. Unzip it and rename the dol file to boot.dol ,and put it in SD:/apps/anyfolder/, anyfolder replaced with whatever you want to call it. Put the SD card in your wii and run it using IOS249 and Network install

Lol, I can appreciate where Longtom1 is coming from I'm sure my query has been seen a 1000 times and this makes it 1001. Tattar8, I will go through your instructions and try them as soon as I get kids settled. I hope you won't mind further questions as the last thing I want to see is a blue screen with "Your Wii is dead, may it rest in peace" on it.

**************edit**********************
OK, I am not sure how "run it using IOS249 and Network install" are to be done. Can you please outline the process.

Many thanks again,
Natasha

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
could someone confirm exactly what I need to play madworld?
i'm using cios (can't remember number) rev 14 with the latest neo gamma launcher, will this be ok to burn, patch and play?

thanks!

in reply to this post:
natasha8642 said:
tattar8 said:
longtom1 said:

Lol, I can appreciate where Longtom1 is coming from I'm sure my query has been seen a 1000 times and this makes it 1001. Tattar8, I will go through your instructions and try them as soon as I get kids settled. I hope you won't mind further questions as the last thing I want to see is a blue screen with "Your Wii is dead, may it rest in peace" on it.

OK, I am not sure how "run it using IOS249 and Network install" are to be done. Can you please outline the process.

Many thanks again,
Natasha

once you have put the dol file on your sd card, put it in your wii, load up the homebrew channel, and select that boot.dol, be sure to install via network installation (there will be an option for it) network means you need it connected to the internet.

RPinney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I run wad files / nand emu off a usb drive through triiforce mrc?

I tried following peoples directions but I keep getting an error code screen when I run triiforce mrc and hit 'start'. It says no titles found. The nand dump is on the root of the fat32 partition in the usb drive.

A little background - I'm kind of a noob I only modded my wii since christmas and had no prior knowledge. Right now I have a 320gb usb drive with 32gb formatted to FAT32 and the rest is WBFS for running games off of (which I have successfully done). Also I have a nand backup and a 16gb SDHC card.

natasha8642

Trophies
XP
Country
Trace_hunter said:
i'm using cios (can't remember number) rev 14 with the latest neo gamma launcher, will this be ok to burn, patch and play?

thanks!

in reply to this post:
natasha8642 said:
tattar8 said:
longtom1 said:

Many thanks again,
Natasha

once you have put the dol file on your sd card, put it in your wii, load up the homebrew channel, and select that boot.dol, be sure to install via network installation (there will be an option for it) network means you need it connected to the internet.

Thank you Trace_Hunter for your explanation. I just want to be 100% sure, is the Homebrew Channel on my Wii the button that shows "Backup Launcher Gamma Channel"? I have a notion this is a really dumb question but I want to be 100% sure before I start changing things.

I found instructions on how to back the wii using Bootmii and was going to do this before I changed anything. Is this a good idea?

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
natasha8642 said:
Trace_hunter said:

thanks!

in reply to this post:
natasha8642 said:
tattar8 said:
longtom1 said:

Many thanks again,
Natasha

Thank you Trace_Hunter for your explanation. I just want to be 100% sure, is the Homebrew Channel on my Wii the button that shows "Backup Launcher Gamma Channel"? I have a notion this is a really dumb question but I want to be 100% sure before I start changing things.

I found instructions on how to back the wii using Bootmii and was going to do this before I changed anything. Is this a good idea?

no problem.
no, the home brew channel looks like this:
Homebrew_channel_logo.png

within the home brew channel is a menu which would contain the backup launcher gamma but you may have installed it as a channel, but to do that you must have had the home brew channel at one point or another.
Sorry I don't know sqwat about boot mii =p

anyone can someone help me out with my question?

tdlo123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hey everyone, I have a question.

I've updated the Homebrew Channel, and I think I forgot to update BootMii. Now whenever I try to boot the HBC from there I only get a black screen.

How do I update it now? -_-

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tdlo123 said:
Hey everyone, I have a question.

I've updated the Homebrew Channel, and I think I forgot to update BootMii. Now whenever I try to boot the HBC from there I only get a black screen.

How do I update it now? -_-
run the hackmii installer again and update bootmii

King Funk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm in big trouble here. After having successfully installed USB loader on my own Wii, I tried to install USB loader on my friend's console. His Wii has the 4.2 system menu. Using the Trucha Bug Restorer app, everything ran smoothly. But then, using PreLoader, I must have done something really stupid, and the result is that I can't access the Wii Menu (it says that the system menu is corrupted). I can't access Homebrew either. I think it might be because I used PreLoader 0.29 and not 0.30, but I might probably be wrong. So here I am, stuck with Preloader and not knowing what to do.

Any idea how I can get the system menu and homebrew back. If anyone can help me, please send me a PM, I'll give all the details I can about the problem if you need them.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
King Funk said:
Hey, I'm in big trouble here. After having successfully installed USB loader on my own Wii, I tried to install USB loader on my friend's console. His Wii has the 4.2 system menu. Using the Trucha Bug Restorer app, everything ran smoothly. But then, using PreLoader, I must have done something really stupid, and the result is that I can't access the Wii Menu (it says that the system menu is corrupted). I can't access Homebrew either. I think it might be because I used PreLoader 0.29 and not 0.30, but I might probably be wrong. So here I am, stuck with Preloader and not knowing what to do.

Any idea how I can get the system menu and homebrew back. If anyone can help me, please send me a PM, I'll give all the details I can about the problem if you need them.
try this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182751

clioke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I followed the complete softmod guide.

Installed TBR.

But now i'm stuck on priiloader.

When i press + i get following message:
logged in as “su”
got ROOT!
preloader system ticket not found, access denied
trying to read original ticket
unauthorized to get ticket. is ios36 trucha signed abort mission

Whats the solution for this?

Thanks,

juju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm trying to run games from my USB external HDD but nothing I try works. I've created a separate partition on my external hdd, and I format it for WBFS and then put games on via WBFS Manager 3.0 and some other WBFS programs but nothing seems to work.

I've installed the cIOS 222, 249, etc., and then I try to run games on USB Loader GX and Configurable USB Loader and both never detect the games on my external HDD even though they show up in whatever WBFS Manager I use. Is there a step by step guide I can follow to set up USB loading on 4.2? I've tried the one that USB Loader GX but it doesn't work for me.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
juju said:
Hey guys, I'm trying to run games from my USB external HDD but nothing I try works. I've created a separate partition on my external hdd, and I format it for WBFS and then put games on via WBFS Manager 3.0 and some other WBFS programs but nothing seems to work.

I've installed the cIOS 222, 249, etc., and then I try to run games on USB Loader GX and Configurable USB Loader and both never detect the games on my external HDD even though they show up in whatever WBFS Manager I use. Is there a step by step guide I can follow to set up USB loading on 4.2? I've tried the one that USB Loader GX but it doesn't work for me.
What version of cIOS249?

juju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
juju said:

What version of cIOS249?
I'm not entirely sure, I got it from an app that I downloaded called 'cIOS38r14'.

Edit: I upgraded to rev16 and the games still do not show up with I open up USB Loader GX and Configurable USB Loader. I have tried Little King's Story, Bully Scholarship Edition, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex, all 4.37 GB. >_< All WBFS Managers say I have Little King's Story installed (I deleted the others, but those come up as installed as well).

Edit2: I even just tried having a FAT32 partition and having a WBFS folder with games in .wbfs format to see if it would work and still USB Loader GX and Configurable USB Loader do not detect any games.

natasha8642

Trophies
XP
Country
Trace_hunter said:
natasha8642 said:
Trace_hunter said:

thanks!

in reply to this post:
natasha8642 said:
tattar8 said:

Many thanks again,
Natasha

no problem.
no, the home brew channel looks like this:
Homebrew_channel_logo.png

within the home brew channel is a menu which would contain the backup launcher gamma but you may have installed it as a channel, but to do that you must have had the home brew channel at one point or another.
Sorry I don't know sqwat about boot mii =p

anyone can someone help me out with my question?

Thanks again for your reply. No there is nothing that says Homebrew Channel on my Wii Channels. Do I need to install it again or when I follow Tattar8's instructions will those changes replace Gamma with Neogamma.

Xupmatoih

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
another question i have, i have my old 250mb SD with the files and stuff for hacking but i dont have a reader anymore, im asking to see whats actually supposed to be in that SD card because i have a Micro SD & Adapter i could use for this....alli remember having is the backup launcher on the HB Channel

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Thanks again for your reply. No there is nothing that says Homebrew Channel on my Wii Channels. Do I need to install it again or when I follow Tattar8's instructions will those changes replace Gamma with Neogamma.
you need to install the homebrew channel. Search for bannerbomb. Also install bootmii as boot2 if you can (same installer)

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xupmatoih said:
another question i have, i have my old 250mb SD with the files and stuff for hacking but i dont have a reader anymore, im asking to see whats actually supposed to be in that SD card because i have a Micro SD & Adapter i could use for this....alli remember having is the backup launcher on the HB Channel
Get the latest neogamma and put it on your new card. That sHould be all you need. Neogamma is the new backup loader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ratings for it are calling it bad, but it looks cool. Damn 48/100 rating.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    looks are deceiving
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea people always down vote games anymore seems like, good or bad, bunch of haters
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, review bombing?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah seems like people hate on original ideas anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh were sorry our small dev team can't shit out a cod clone every 6 months
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly positive on steam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eew, you use steam, I'm down voting you cause you not using or playing what I like.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes and epic and gog, sleep with me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Homophobic
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, whats wrong with steam?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nothing, I was just teasing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He's a big tease trying to take my booty
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No, I don't wanna make ancientboi mad, I know you two already have a thing going
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He divorced me once I threatened him with the fbi
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2,
    he also fucked uremum despite being gay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah so did you and I want back child support pay enjoy the lawsuits
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, im virgin
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: