Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icyrainz said:
I have a 4.1U Wii.
With the xxyz guide, I managed to upgrade it to 4.2U by installing some wads files.

When it got 4.2U, I installed HBC, DVDX and BootMii as IOS (the HackMii installer said that it can only install BootMii as IOS)
Then I made a NAND Backup , then apply the trucha bug, stub removal,
Then I installed some IOS : 202, 222 ,223 and 249-v14, 249-v15, 250-v14, 250-v15
Then I installed the PriiLoader, apply some hack : disable online update, disable disc update, region free
After that, I installed NeoGamma r8 beta 15, but when I load the Cooking Mama - World Kitchen disc from the NeoGamma, it said DVD Read Error 1048

Can I just restore NAND to make it back before messing up with the IOS ? Does it harm ?
I don't have USB so I cannot test over USB
frown.gif
That's your problem. It's should be v14 OR v15. v14 is good for disc backups while v15 or v16 is good for USB loading. You'll get errors if you use v15 or v16 with discs. Just reinstall v14 and you should be good.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tdlo123 said:
Hey everyone.

I have who updated to 4.2, I have some questions.

When we tried to install BootMii using Bannerbomb it said that it could only be installed as IOS, is there a way to install it as boot2?

Is it safe to install wads on 4.2? what should I use to do that?

Is there a way to play backup games without using a modchip?

Thanks!
If your system doesn't support boot2 install IOS is the only way to go.
It's fine to install wads on 4.2 with WAD Manager. It's included in the .zip files of this guide.
Yes. Softmoding with this guide plays backup games without using a modchip.

Also check out the Complete Softmod Guide.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tdlo123 said:
Hey everyone.

I have who updated to 4.2, I have some questions.

When we tried to install BootMii using Bannerbomb it said that it could only be installed as IOS, is there a way to install it as boot2?no

Is it safe to install wads on 4.2? what should I use to do that? Wad Manager, make sure you have a cIOS. It'S safe as long as you download verified wads

Is there a way to play backup games without using a modchip?facepalm. There's a guide in the stickies

Thanks!

tdlo123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks for the fast replies
smile.gif

Just one more thing - The V4.2 Safe Updater, is there ANY chance of it bricking my Wii? (for example if it messes up in the process).
And will my modchip still work after I update?
I have 3.2, and I haven't modified my wii before, just installed some wiiware games (and installed some IOS to make them work).

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tdlo123 said:
Thanks for the fast replies
smile.gif

Just one more thing - The V4.2 Safe Updater, is there ANY chance of it bricking my Wii? (for example if it messes up in the process).
And will my modchip still work after I update?
I have 3.2, and I haven't modified my wii before, just installed some wiiware games (and installed some IOS to make them work).

Generally, don't use automated updaters if you don't have bootmii/boot2. Install 4.2 yourself by downloading IOS70 and SM4.2 for your region from NUS Downloader and install them in that order using wad manager.

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
icyrainz said:
I have a 4.1U Wii.
With the xxyz guide, I managed to upgrade it to 4.2U by installing some wads files.

When it got 4.2U, I installed HBC, DVDX and BootMii as IOS (the HackMii installer said that it can only install BootMii as IOS)
Then I made a NAND Backup , then apply the trucha bug, stub removal,
Then I installed some IOS : 202, 222 ,223 and 249-v14, 249-v15, 250-v14, 250-v15
Then I installed the PriiLoader, apply some hack : disable online update, disable disc update, region free
After that, I installed NeoGamma r8 beta 15, but when I load the Cooking Mama - World Kitchen disc from the NeoGamma, it said DVD Read Error 1048

Can I just restore NAND to make it back before messing up with the IOS ? Does it harm ?
I don't have USB so I cannot test over USB
frown.gif
That's your problem. It's should be v14 OR v15. v14 is good for disc backups while v15 or v16 is good for USB loading. You'll get errors if you use v15 or v16 with discs. Just reinstall v14 and you should be good.
I managed to play the backup game with Configurable USB Loader, I think that my Wii got the D3-2 chip and it will never be able to read backup discs
frown.gif

zrbarnes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
zrbarnes said:
I'm updating my Wii after being away from a while. I was on 4.1u, fully softmodded. I've upgraded to HBC 1.06, wanin's rev 14 cios, hermes rev4 cios, and the newest usbloader gx.

I used zektors safe updater to 4.2. Do I need to mess with the trucha on anything?

I also lost preloader settings. Should I grab priiloader? Is it ready for prime time?

If I want to experiment with rev16, can I load it into IOS 250 without disturbing the rev14 in IOS 249?
Don't mess with anything unless something doesn't work
Well, I have a few games that don't load up with rev 14 on usb. Guitar Hero 5 and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed only work on Hermes cIOS for me. Excite Truck doesn't work on either of them.

vistamaniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, i need help.
i got softchip install via wad. i launch the channel, go start and press a.
it gives me ioctl error (DI_read_di) something like that. neogamma will not work at all.
i try to switch to ios249, and it just freezes with only the first line of the page visible.
ANY help is highly appreciated. its starting to kill me. thanks.

Rossman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SysMenu 4.2U, cIOS rev 14, wiikey 1
Other games like Wii Sports Resort burnt on these discs work fine, but Tiger Woods 10 and FF Crystal Bearers don't work. In Neogamma I get a disc read error 1274. Tried burning multiple times, disc channel always gives a "?" when trying to read it. Does anyone know something else I can try?

juju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two questions. I'm very new to the Wii Hacking scene, but I've read the Noob Starter guide and I followed the 'Modify any Wii 4.2 & below' guide very closely.

1) Once everything is installed, I can run the HBC, Neogamma, etc. without needing to have the SD card in my Wii right? I'm pretty sure I can, but I want to make sure.
2) I can still play games I've bought, right? Just put them in the Wii normally like I would and launch them from the Disc Channel like I would have before I hacked the Wii?

I'm pretty the answers to both are yes, but I would feel better hearing it from someone else to make 100% sure.

juju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I'm having a problem Restoring the Trucha Bug:
'Run GP DOP-IOS MOD
Press A to continue.
Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Keep pressing A until it takes you back to the IOS selection screen.
Choose IOS36 to start a stub removal process.'

What happens is I select 'Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.', then choose IOS36, then IOS36 menu, then Installed patched IOS36 (with Install IOS to slot: 36, Patch has check (trucha): yes, Patch ES_Identify: yes, and Patch nand permissions: no), and then it says:

Getting IOS36 revision 3351 and I have to hit and then it says:
Could not open file: sd:/IOS36-64-v3351.wad
Could not open file: sd:/IOS36-64-v3351.wad.out.wad
Error reading IOS into memory
IOS36 installation failed.

What am I supposed to do?

Edit: Sorry for the double-post, I thought they would merge together.

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I figured I would try this guide out. Same issue as juju with the "error reading IOS into memory".
Tried using search but not much turned up that I could find.

Thanks for your time

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
juju said:
I have two questions. I'm very new to the Wii Hacking scene, but I've read the Noob Starter guide and I followed the 'Modify any Wii 4.2 & below' guide very closely.

1) Once everything is installed, I can run the HBC, Neogamma, etc. without needing to have the SD card in my Wii right? I'm pretty sure I can, but I want to make sure.
2) I can still play games I've bought, right? Just put them in the Wii normally like I would and launch them from the Disc Channel like I would have before I hacked the Wii?

I'm pretty the answers to both are yes, but I would feel better hearing it from someone else to make 100% sure.

1. You'll have to find a channel for the latest neogamma that's not a forwarder. The latest I was able to find was for rev4
2. Just avoid it. Load them through neogamma too. YOu don't want to find you have a game that wants to update.

juju said:
'Run GP DOP-IOS MOD
Press A to continue.

What happens is I select 'Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.', then choose IOS36, then IOS36 menu, then Installed patched IOS36 (with Install IOS to slot: 36, Patch has check (trucha): yes, Patch ES_Identify: yes, and Patch nand permissions: no), and then it says:

Get another SD card. Dop-IOS doesn't like yours

QUOTE(mdmachine @ Jan 8 2010, 12:19 AM)
Hey everyone, I figured I would try this guide out. Same issue as juju with the "error reading IOS into memory".
Tried using search but not much turned up that I could find.

Thanks for your time
See above

juju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot tattar
smile.gif
I'll try that and see what happens after I figure out what mdmachine is talking about.

Edit: Turns out another SD card didn't work either. I don't think that's the problem then?

mdmachine said:
NVMD the package i used was older, juju just redownload the pack...
smile.gif
What package are you talking about? Where at?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
juju said:
'Run GP DOP-IOS MOD
Press A to continue.

why don't you try to use Trucha Bug Restorer 1.1 instead of dop-ios mod to do TBR?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
juju said:
'Run GP DOP-IOS MOD
Press A to continue.

why don't you try to use Trucha Bug Restorer 1.1 instead of dop-ios mod to do TBR?
It consolidates apps

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
It consolidates apps
i know dop-ios mod now does TBR but check on this comment by tj_cool: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=131884&st=6150. for some wiis, it seems that dop-ios mod doesn't work for doing TBR. that's why CSG (complete softmod guide) still includes an alternative step of doing TBR using the original trucha bug restorer by wiipower.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    but that's a long shot
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
    DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma: I'm new! Hi!