Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 500gb external I'm using for games. I already have about 70 Wii games on there, is there any possible way to make another partition to use for roms for the emulators or would I have to wipe the entire drive clean before doing that?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
coolmoose09 said:
hi there, my wii has SU 4.0 and i have WAD manager installed, etc.

I am trying to install some WiiWare WADs that I have on my SD card using the WAD manager 1.4 and IOS249, and it works great. However, when I copy the resulting wiiware channel to my SD card and try to launch the game from there, it says 'failed to launch'. I have tried this with multiple SD cards (SD and SDHC) and the same thing happens on each one. Is there a step I'm missing? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Use Waninkokos 4.0 Updater to patch IOS60
KennyBania said:
Hi all, I have used the VERY helpful guides here to softmod my Wii myself and am proud of it but there's still some questions I haven't had answered as I rushed through the process.

1. I am using USB Loader GX - is it possible to have all of the games on my HDD have their own launchable channel in the original Wii menu that loads at startup?
Yep, search for Loadstructor or for some WBFS manager capable of creating the channels

If not, can I at least have a channel for the loader without having to load the Homebrew Channel and search for it each time?
Search for a forwarder channel for USB loader

(Those two are more for my Dad, I really want to set it up as easy as possible for him to use so I can buy him a Wii
smile.gif
)

2. I am using 3.2E with cios36 rev9 (the only one I could get to work with any usb loader) - is it normal to not be able to load the official Wii Shopping Channel?
you need to use WiiSCUv2 to install the latest WiiShop and the IOS61

3. Obviously with our softmodded Wii's we do not go crazy and download official Nintendo firmware updates but can we still use online features in games and news, weather, shopping channels etc?
Sure

4. Forgive me for not researching deep enough but can we also have Gamecube games in the same list as Wii games on our HDD for usb loaders?
nope

5. Similar question but for Wiiware and Emulators - or can they only be run off an SD card?
also no, but you can update to 4.0 with waninkokos updater and say yes to patch IOS60, that will enable WW/VC games installed with Wad Manager to run off the SD menu

I think that's all I need to know, any replies would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

QUOTE(wiimanizer @ Jul 14 2009, 05:07 PM)
please tell me, what makes a difference of why when i install a ISO from wbfs showing that its 3.94gb and when i go into USB loader 1.5 to install it by DVD, it shows 4.10gb? i thought they'd come up the same size, no?

One is PAL and the other is NTSC..??? some managers dont install the update partition as it is not readed by the loader

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Luriden said:
I have a 500gb external I'm using for games. I already have about 70 Wii games on there, is there any possible way to make another partition to use for roms for the emulators or would I have to wipe the entire drive clean before doing that?
Yes you can but:

1)you need to have 2 partitions 1-WBFS and 1-FAT
2) if you didnt partitionate your HDD before installing all the games.....sorry you need to wipe it out, partitionate and then install games and put roms etc etc etc....

...!!!
smile.gif

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
wiimanizer said:
please tell me, what makes a difference of why when i install a ISO from wbfs showing that its 3.94gb and when i go into USB loader 1.5 to install it by DVD, it shows 4.10gb? i thought they'd come up the same size, no?

One is PAL and the other is NTSC..??? some managers dont install the update partition as it is not readed by the loader
but theyre both the same game though...i have the .iso and the iso is what i burned onto my dvd. what im saying is that when i used the iso alone with wbfs, its 3.94gb, but when i used that very same iso, but burned on the dvd, i installed it through usb loader 1.5 and it shows 4.10gb...so, is the 0.16gb part of the update partition or what??? :wtf:

SSparrow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I am new to this soft patching of the Wii. My goal is to install some WAD files. I have manged to get Homebrew channel installed, and WAD Manager v1.4 installed. But when I try to install a WAD I get "error ret=-2011". Now, from what I have read I believe need to I need to run a cios_fix.wad. I'm just not sure which one and where to get it. My Wii is ver 4.0u, but I don't see a problem of downgrading it if needed. Think anyone could help me out?

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got another question. I have a 4GB PNY micro SD card, it's SDHC. The Wii menu recognizes it and I can copy and use channels on it (loading is slow, but it works), but none of the homebrew applications/emulators recognize it. Is there any way to fix this?

D

Deleted-119707

i was going to make a thread but i saw no point. heres my question.
what file/files are required to run wiiware/VC wads?
i have a 4.0e bannerbombed ,usb loader, wad manager.
i read something about freethewads?
what ios's are required?

hanjoon77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Im a Wii homebrew noob so help would be much appreciated.
rolleyes.gif

Alright, my problem is that I cant get cIOS to download which means no backup loader.
So, like any sensible person would, you click on the October 23rd patch fixed thread.
And I was getting along fine, I got the ios16, got on Wad Manager 1.3 and pressed install.
Then an ERROR! (ret -1035) pops up, and now Im stuck and dont know what to do.
unsure.gif

I saw that the update patch thread was from a year ago and is probably outdated now.
I also maybe thought the fix was for 3.4 firmware? I have the 4.0U firmware.
I would like to know how to get the backup loaders up and running. Thank you!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i dont have much done in the way of Wii homebrew. I installed the homebrew channel in the way of the Zelda hack. Now if someone would be so kind, what do i do to "get( i dont know the appropriate term)" cheats and hacks for SSBB. i would like to turn off tripping, gain control of the stage progression, and get custom skins.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wiimanizer said:
but theyre both the same game though...i have the .iso and the iso is what i burned onto my dvd. what im saying is that when i used the iso alone with wbfs, its 3.94gb, but when i used that very same iso, but burned on the dvd, i installed it through usb loader 1.5 and it shows 4.10gb...so, is the 0.16gb part of the update partition or what??? :wtf:
I would say that simply because USB loader is so old by now that it may install more than necesary, cause if it were what I told you, then it should be backwards, the game in the disc should say less than the image thru your PC, cause an update partition is around 150 and 190 MBs, dont worry about it if they both work well tho...!!
tongue.gif

SSparrow said:
So I am new to this soft patching of the Wii. My goal is to install some WAD files. I have manged to get Homebrew channel installed, and WAD Manager v1.4 installed. But when I try to install a WAD I get "error ret=-2011". Now, from what I have read I believe need to I need to run a cios_fix.wad. I'm just not sure which one and where to get it. My Wii is ver 4.0u, but I don't see a problem of downgrading it if needed. Think anyone could help me out?
You need to use WiiPower*s TBR (trucha bug restorer), cIOS_fix.wad is old and only for 3.4, and it is against the rules to give info about .wad files, read some posts on the thread to see how can you use it...!!

Luriden said:
Got another question. I have a 4GB PNY micro SD card, it's SDHC. The Wii menu recognizes it and I can copy and use channels on it (loading is slow, but it works), but none of the homebrew applications/emulators recognize it. Is there any way to fix this?
Well the app itself need to be SDHC capable, if they are and they dont recognize it, then your SD may be one of the very strange cases of being non-compatible with HBC
wtf.gif
, well maybe not the micro SD but the converter can make this to happen, if you can try check if this happens using another converter...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE(nicky041192 @ Jul 15 2009, 06:46 AM)
i was going to make a thread but I saw no point. heres my question.
what file/files are required to run wiiware/VC wads?
i have a 4.0e bannerbombed ,usb loader, wad manager.
i read something about freethewads?
what ios's are required?
If you just want to install them you are probably capable of doing so if you have the USB loader working, cause the cIOS for the USB loader is the same that makes Wad Manage to work, if you have black screens trying to launch your Channels from the Main menu, then they probably need a tool for the PC called freethewads.exe (it is a drag & drop .exe), but it will not work on all games, the best is to get .wad files for your region (actually the best is to legally buy them but......
tongue.gif
), I dont think you lack of an IOS cause you are on FW 4.0 wich is the latest, hope this helps...!!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hanjoon77 said:
Hi, Im a Wii homebrew noob so help would be much appreciated.
rolleyes.gif

Alright, my problem is that I cant get cIOS to download which means no backup loader.
So, like any sensible person would, you click on the October 23rd patch fixed thread.
And I was getting along fine, I got the ios16, got on Wad Manager 1.3 and pressed install.
Then an ERROR! (ret -1035) pops up, and now Im stuck and dont know what to do.
unsure.gif

I saw that the update patch thread was from a year ago and is probably outdated now.
I also maybe thought the fix was for 3.4 firmware? I have the 4.0U firmware.
I would like to know how to get the backup loaders up and running. Thank you!

Yeah that thread was only for 3.4 users, now for 4.0 users you need to use WiiPower*s TBR (trucha bug restorer), read the thread of the app to see how can you use it and install the cIOS needed for a Loader

QUOTE(BortzANATOR @ Jul 15 2009, 08:19 AM) Ok i dont have much done in the way of Wii homebrew. I installed the homebrew channel in the way of the Zelda hack. Now if someone would be so kind, what do i do to "get( i dont know the appropriate term)" cheats and hacks for SSBB. i would like to turn off tripping, gain control of the stage progression, and get custom skins.
For cheats you need to use an app called OCARINA, search for it at wiibrew.org, or get it using Homebrew Browser app (also found at wiibrew.org), for the custom skins I believe you need to search and read a thread about SSBB textures or something like that...!!
smile.gif

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Luriden said:
Well the app itself need to be SDHC capable, if they are and they dont recognize it, then your SD may be one of the very strange cases of being non-compatible with HBC
wtf.gif
, well maybe not the micro SD but the converter can make this to happen, if you can try check if this happens using another converter...!!
smile.gif

Actually, HBC works just fine with the card. It recognizes the applications on the card and I can launch them, but the individual files can't be read. For example, I can load WAD Manager, it'll see the WADs, but when I try to install one it gives me an error. FCEUltraGX loads, but gives me an error when trying to read roms from the card, etc. I formatted the card and copied everything over to it again, same thing. I put the card in my phone just to make sure it wasn't corrupt and even my phone can see what files are on it (can't load them of course because my phone doesn't have an emulator, but my phone has a standard file browser). FCEUltraGX, Snes9X and Genesis Plus don't even see that I have an SD card plugged in.

I tried switching converters, same problem.

hanjoon77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back again, more frustrated than ever. I went to the trucha bug thread and downloaded the app and got it on my wii. Well, seeing how I was in 4.0u firmware and didnt have cboot2, I had to downgrade IOS15. Well, thats easy enough. Until my wii got semibricked or bricked (cant tell) from being downgraded. So I cant downgrade it. So, I thought, why not get cboot2? So I set off on another quest, and Im stuck there. I have cboot2, I unloaded the wad from boot2v64 blah, but I couldnt find the 00000000.app and I cant even see the app on my homebrew channel. So Im here, after many hours, hopeless in getting cIOS installed on my wii. Any help?

mfalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UOTE(mfalcon @ Jul 12 2009, 05:45 PM) *
I have a wii that i believe i need to use gamma .3 to run any games. I have made some discs ok but it seems that the new ones do not work ie grand slam tennis. Do I need to update or add a homebrew, or should i go to a usb launcher or ciso. Any advice would be helpful.

just update your cIOS to r9 or r10, and use NeoGamma Launcher, yours it is too outdated

FOLLOW UP QUESTION ----
Please forgive me but i am totally new and to be honest timid about doing this. I payed a guy to do this for me but want to learn myself. How do I update the cios and use neogamma launcher safely.......thanks

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
BortzANATOR said:
awesome. can i install ocarina with the homebrew channel?

Yes it is just an app like any other, it comes as a .dol file...!!
smile.gif

Luriden said:
Actually, HBC works just fine with the card. It recognizes the applications on the card and I can launch them, but the individual files can't be read. For example, I can load WAD Manager, it'll see the WADs, but when I try to install one it gives me an error. FCEUltraGX loads, but gives me an error when trying to read roms from the card, etc. I formatted the card and copied everything over to it again, same thing. I put the card in my phone just to make sure it wasn't corrupt and even my phone can see what files are on it (can't load them of course because my phone doesn't have an emulator, but my phone has a standard file browser). FCEUltraGX, Snes9X and Genesis Plus don't even see that I have an SD card plugged in.

I tried switching converters, same problem.
Then it is the micro SD itself, sorry it is not compatible...!!
frown.gif

hanjoon77 said:
I'm back again, more frustrated than ever. I went to the trucha bug thread and downloaded the app and got it on my wii. Well, seeing how I was in 4.0u firmware and didnt have cboot2, I had to downgrade IOS15. Well, thats easy enough. Until my wii got semibricked or bricked (cant tell) from being downgraded. So I cant downgrade it. So, I thought, why not get cboot2? So I set off on another quest, and Im stuck there. I have cboot2, I unloaded the wad from boot2v64 blah, but I couldnt find the 00000000.app and I cant even see the app on my homebrew channel. So Im here, after many hours, hopeless in getting cIOS installed on my wii. Any help?

Try again using THIS GUIDE

QUOTE(mfalcon @ Jul 15 2009, 05:56 PM)
FOLLOW UP QUESTION ----
Please forgive me but i am totally new and to be honest timid about doing this. I payed a guy to do this for me but want to learn myself. How do I update the cios and use neogamma launcher safely.......thanks

Search for the cIOS36_r9 installer (or r10) and search also for the NeoGamma thread, they both come as .dol files, so you need to rename them as boot.dol, then put each one in a folder with its name, and then place those 2 folders inside the apps folder of your SD card, after that insert back again in your Wii the SD and run the HBC, load the cIOS installer to get the newest cIOS installed, then use NeoGamma to lauch your games, if you find the thread it may give you a channel that can be installed with Wad Manager, read a little bit at wiibrew.org for more info about how to use the HBC, and read (and search) around here to find out more about such apps...!!
wink.gif

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again, awesome. Ok does a PS1 emulator work with the wii? I am interested in running the re-release of Front Mission 1st for PS1 cause it has both story sides.

hanjoon77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, Alright Ive been trying to get the backup launcher working for 3 days now and no prevail. I was on the ultimate 4.0 guide, and managed to get my wii back down to 3.2U firmware, but then the downgrade for cIOS failed. Twice. And then I switched over to the offline part of the guide and tried that and that messed it up even more. Now my wii is loaded a lot of IOS. And its telling me to update my firmware before I can play my game (which I bought). Can anyone tell me how to get backup launcher running?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hanjoon77 said:
Wow, Alright Ive been trying to get the backup launcher working for 3 days now and no prevail. I was on the ultimate 4.0 guide, and managed to get my wii back down to 3.2U firmware, but then the downgrade for cIOS failed. Twice. And then I switched over to the offline part of the guide and tried that and that messed it up even more. Now my wii is loaded a lot of IOS. And its telling me to update my firmware before I can play my game (which I bought). Can anyone tell me how to get backup launcher running?

When did you buy your Wii? If you bought it this year and it is an LU64+ type Wii then you should not have been trying to do any downgrading at all on it aside from WiiPowers Trucha Bug Restorer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc...re=channel_page

That should be all you need to do to then be able to run the cIOS rev13a installer and use IOS36 to do a network installation. That should work for any Wii on any firmware. That IOS16 thing you tried earlier is indeed outdated and does not work on 4.0, and the ultimate 4.0 online guide requires you to have cIOS previously installed as a prerequisite. I would suggest just doing an official update again to get back to 4.0 properly since I don't quite know what you really did to your Wii and updating SHOULD get it back to a decent state (update through the system settings not from a disc). If you can, to be safe, install bootmii from the hackmii installer at bootmii.org to boot2 before doing anything else and make a nand backup with it. If your Wii is less than a year old you probably won't be able to install to boot2 though.

Once you do that use the trucha bug restorer as shown in that youtube link and then run the cIOS rev13a installer and use IOS36 and do a network installation.

littlecubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
excuse my lack knowledge on all things IOS!
just been checking to see what i have installed using "SIGNCHECK v0.3" and used "DOP-IOS v5" to check latest versions
and i am a little confused to say the least as you can see i have the TRUCHA bug enabled,
but the question is are the NEWER IOS's TRUCHA bug enabled..??? even the latest OLD versions!

IOS9 - installed v516 latest v521
IOS12 (ver 6) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v12
IOS13 (ver 10) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v16
IOS14 (ver 257) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v263 (old v262)
IOS15 (ver 257) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v266
IOS17 (ver 512) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v518
IOS20 (ver 12) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS21 (ver 514) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v525
IOS22 (ver 772) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v780 (old v777)
IOS28 (ver 1288) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v1293(old v1292)
IOS30 (ver 1040) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS31 (ver 1040) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v3092
IOS33 (ver 1040) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v2834
IOS34 (ver 1039) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v3091
IOS35 (ver 1040) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v3092
IOS36 (ver 1042) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v3094
IOS37 (ver 3612) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS38 (ver 3609) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v3610
*IOS50 (ver5120 with stub)
*IOS51 (ver4864 with stub)
IOS53 (ver 4113) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v5149
IOS55 (ver 4633) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v5149
IOS60 (ver 6174) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS60 (ver 6174) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS61 (ver 4890) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS249 (ver 13) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
IOS250 (ver 65535) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled

*i do not have bootmii or preloader installed
** running pal system menu v4.0

the games are running from DVD using NEOGAMMA r6 and quite a few will not play (GREEN SCREEN)
discs have been TRUCHA signed, regionfrii and Wii video mode changer v1.0 by Waninkoko

is there something that i can do...???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work