hanjoon77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi its me again
smile.gif
and I did everything said from the last post, and now Im at firmware 4.1U with cIOS and TBR all done. But, I have NeoGamma R6 and I get a disc read error 972 everytime. Im burning the discs on an hp laptop and Ive tried two discs: Maxell DVD R+ and Fujirama DVD R+ on two different speeds (2.4x and 4x) on Nero and ImgBurn. Nothing works :/ I heard a different type of dvd or burner might work. But when I put my original in, it works just fine. Any suggestions?

questXtreme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
ether2802 said:
Link5084 said:
Why does my Eject button act as the Power button on my Wii? It doesn't eject the disc, just powers up my Wii. How come?
You have preloader installed and your Wii is in OFF (not standby)...!!
smile.gif

aN4rK1 said:
Hello,
I have a few questions.
I just successfully modded my wii and put an USB loader on my wii using this guide:
http://www.biline.ca/wii_softmod.htm

I got some games from my friend and 90% of the games did not load in the Backup loader.
I was wonder why that is so?

Also, is this method the most upto date?
If not, what is the most uptodate method to add a backup loader, USB loader, NGC backup loader and a homebrew channel?
Thank you!

Well I wont read a guide, but I believe you are using old tools, maybe try using other cIOS too, search around for the latest ones, Eg.

For Wii games on DVD use NeoGamma
For GC games use GC backup launcher 0.2
For USB loader, just find the latest one of the CFG Loader by Oggzee

Dark2 said:
I have a Wii with wiikey, 3.2E and ISO37. (I have the Homebrew channel installed) But planing on buying Grand Slam Tennis with Wii Motionplus but that game needs a FW update. Can I update without any risk? Or is it some software so that I can start the game through and still have 3.2E.
Ue WUFE to extract the update partition of the game and then use Wad Manager to install IOSes 38-53-55

QUOTE(questXtreme @ Jul 12 2009, 06:07 AM)
Okay, this is probably the best place for me to ask this, so...
Is it safe to update my hardmodded wiikey 2 Wii which has homebrew channel and backup launcher installed (which makes it soft modded as well right?) from firmware 3.2U to 4.0U normally with the Nintendo Update?
Yep it is safe...!!
smile.gif

Thank you so much for answering! Finally someone to solve my problem.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
BortzANATOR said:
Once again, awesome. Ok does a PS1 emulator work with the wii? I am interested in running the re-release of Front Mission 1st for PS1 cause it has both story sides.

I was trying to know if the PSX emulator works on the Wii, but I was unable to get a PS1 .iso
wtf.gif
so I really don't know, there is 2 versions of the emulator, you should try both and see wich one it is better...!!
smile.gif

littlecubba said:
excuse my lack knowledge on all things IOS!
just been checking to see what i have installed using "SIGNCHECK v0.3" and used "DOP-IOS v5" to check latest versions
and i am a little confused to say the least as you can see i have the TRUCHA bug enabled,
but the question is are the NEWER IOS's TRUCHA bug enabled..??? even the latest OLD versions!

IOS9 - installed v516 latest v521
IOS12 (ver 6) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v12
IOS13 (ver 10) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v16
IOS14 (ver 257) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v263 (old v262)
IOS15 (ver 257) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v266
IOS17 (ver 512) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v518
IOS20 (ver 12) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS21 (ver 514) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v525
IOS22 (ver 772) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v780 (old v777)
IOS28 (ver 1288) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v1293(old v1292)
IOS30 (ver 1040) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS31 (ver 1040) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v3092
IOS33 (ver 1040) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v2834
IOS34 (ver 1039) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v3091
IOS35 (ver 1040) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v3092
IOS36 (ver 1042) Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v3094
IOS37 (ver 3612) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS38 (ver 3609) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v3610
*IOS50 (ver5120 with stub)
*IOS51 (ver4864 with stub)
IOS53 (ver 4113) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v5149
IOS55 (ver 4633) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled latest v5149
IOS60 (ver 6174) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS60 (ver 6174) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS61 (ver 4890) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS249 (ver 13) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
IOS250 (ver 65535) Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled

*i do not have bootmii or preloader installed
** running pal system menu v4.0
the games are running from DVD using NEOGAMMA r6 and quite a few will not play (GREEN SCREEN)
discs have been TRUCHA signed, regionfrii and Wii video mode changer v1.0 by Waninkoko

is there something that i can do...???

Get complete .iso's not Scrubed, cause sometimes, that messes things up while trying to change video output, I had 2 games with that issue and they were both Scrubbed versions, you can't run them changing the video output, that is why the GSoD...!!
smile.gif

hanjoon77 said:
Hi its me again
smile.gif
and I did everything said from the last post, and now Im at firmware 4.1U with cIOS and TBR all done. But, I have NeoGamma R6 and I get a disc read error 972 everytime. Im burning the discs on an hp laptop and Ive tried two discs: Maxell DVD R+ and Fujirama DVD R+ on two different speeds (2.4x and 4x) on Nero and ImgBurn. Nothing works :/ I heard a different type of dvd or burner might work. But when I put my original in, it works just fine. Any suggestions?
I really have never seen this error, ask WiiPower about it, maybe he knows what that means..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE(bowser @ Jul 16 2009, 12:43 PM)
Is there a way to do a patchmii install of DVDx offline? And how exactly do you use the advanced install option?

I believe the first version of the installer was only offline, but it works only for FW 3.3 or ealier, the advance option is to redirect the DVDx stub to another IOS

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just an update on my progress.

No matter what I tried, I could not get the Wii Shop channel working so I upgraded to Waninkoko's 4.0 and it worked fine (so did all my wads and wad installers etc). Just for the hell of it, I then downgraded back to 3.2E and the Wii Shop and all other channels still work fine which is awesome
smile.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hanjoon77 said:
Hi its me again
smile.gif

If you're using DVD+R's then you need to set the booktype in your burning program to DVD-ROM I think. If you use a DVD-R it should work normally.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
KennyBania said:
Just an update on my progress.

No matter what I tried, I could not get the Wii Shop channel working so I upgraded to Waninkoko's 4.0 and it worked fine (so did all my wads and wad installers etc). Just for the hell of it, I then downgraded back to 3.2E and the Wii Shop and all other channels still work fine which is awesome
smile.gif

Or you could just used WiiSCUv2, wich is a Wii Shop Channel Updater, and it installs the new WiiShop and the IOSes 60-61 (61 is the one for the WiiShop)

nabster92 said:
hanjoon77 said:
Hi its me again
smile.gif

If you're using DVD+R's then you need to set the booktype in your burning program to DVD-ROM I think. If you use a DVD-R it should work normally.
Nero makes this change automatically when you tell it to burn an .iso file.......well at least my Nero does it..!!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Twoacross @ Jul 17 2009, 09:57 AM)
Could someone link me to a Guide on downgrading to 3.2

Thanks

>CLICK HERE

bt12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some clarification on installation of the BANNER BOMB hack, Bootmii, and Homebrew channel.
I have Wii 3.3U and was wondering after I installl Homebrew with BANNERBOMB, do I keep the installation files on my SD CARD?

How does Bootmii work? After I make a NAND backup, If brick my system and can't reach the wii system menu, how do I restore my NAND?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey everyone
I'm back from vacation
biggrin.gif
(or
frown.gif
)
So if I have missed something important, let me know
wink.gif

bt12345 said:
I need some clarification on installation of the BANNER BOMB hack, Bootmii, and Homebrew channel.
I have Wii 3.3U and was wondering after I installl Homebrew with BANNERBOMB, do I keep the installation files on my SD CARD?

How does Bootmii work? After I make a NAND backup, If brick my system and can't reach the wii system menu, how do I restore my NAND?
Use bannerbomb to run the hackmii installer. With it, you can install the Homebrew channel and Bootmii. Then you can delete the bannerbomb files of the SD card.
If the SD card contains a specific file, the wii will boot into the Bootmii menu instead of the system menu. So you can restore the backup then
smile.gif

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Or you could just used WiiSCUv2, wich is a Wii Shop Channel Updater, and it installs the new WiiShop and the IOSes 60-61 (61 is the one for the WiiShop)

Yeah but it didn't work, strangely.

Gamelon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have cIOS36rev7 installed on my wii, and I would like to know if it is safe to update to 4.1 via the System Menu without doing harm. Is it safe? I would like to know as soon as possible.

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A couple of new questions
wink.gif

1. I am about to buy a bigger SD card for emu's etc but I am using 3.2E, does this mean I can't use SDHC?

2. Also, on 3.2E, can I store and run WiiWare channels from an SD card? If so, do they still show up in the Channel list when the wii starts or only once the card is loaded?

Thanks again
smile.gif

bt12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have successfully installed homebrew 1.0.3 with Banner Bomb.
But I still have questions about Bootmii!

If I chose the option prepare SD card,
1. Is this also known as the NAND backup? And protects me from bricking my system?
2. After I prepare my SD card, can I transfer those files onto a computer and save them for later use (NAND RESTORE?) ?
or Do I have to use a separate SD card for homebrew apps?

boomtisk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK, this may have been asked before but what's the easiest/safest version to upgrade from 4.0E to 4.1E without compromising the hacks I've installed? I have a custom CIOS or two (to re-enable installing WADs) installed but don't really remember exactly what they're called. :/

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
KennyBania said:
A couple of new questions
wink.gif

1. I am about to buy a bigger SD card for emu's etc but I am using 3.2E, does this mean I can't use SDHC?
HBC will accept SDHC, the wii menu won't. Update to 4.x if you want that.

2. Also, on 3.2E, can I store and run WiiWare channels from an SD card? If so, do they still show up in the Channel list when the wii starts or only once the card is loaded?Only 4.x can load VC/WW from SD. It has its own menu for loading them. They do not show in the wii menu.

Thanks again
smile.gif

bt12345 said:
I have successfully installed homebrew 1.0.3 with Banner Bomb.
But I still have questions about Bootmii!

If I chose the option prepare SD card,
1. Is this also known as the NAND backup? And protects me from bricking my system? Preparing the SD has nothing to do with nand backup. It are the files that bootmii needs to boot into its menu. If you rename the bootmii folder or remove it, bootmii will not load.
2. After I prepare my SD card, can I transfer those files onto a computer and save them for later use (NAND RESTORE?) ? If you do not want bootmii to show up, you can move or rename the folder. To get a NAND backup, you need to choose the create NAND backup option in the bootmii menu.
or Do I have to use a separate SD card for homebrew apps? Not needed

QUOTE(boomtisk @ Jul 19 2009, 11:38 AM)
OK, this may have been asked before but what's the easiest/safest version to upgrade from 4.0E to 4.1E without compromising the hacks I've installed? I have a custom CIOS or two (to re-enable installing WADs) installed but don't really remember exactly what they're called. :/
Use waninkokos updater. But I think updating through the settings is safe as well.
smile.gif

boomtisk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tj_cool said:
Use waninkokos updater. But I think updating through the settings is safe as well.
smile.gif
Thanks a lot, I'm gonna try your first suggestion first because the last update (4.0) made me feel a bit paranoid due to the couple of things it broke.
wink.gif

frost-free

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all: Hi everbody from GBATemp, this forum rocks! everything about nintendo consoles/games is here.

Now i have some few questions, if anyone can help me it will be great...

My intention is to run wii backup games (on dvd)...

I've made some steps, first i've updated my wii system menu (4.1u) through wii internet connection.

Then i run the Bannerbomb exploit (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bannerbomb) to install the BootMii (http://bootmii.org/) running as boot.elf.
I've installed first the Homebrew Channel (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel) then the DVDx and last the BootMii/IOS.

Ok here is the first problem, i don't have a gamecube pad to navigate in the BootMii menu, looks like it's a bug using the the BootMii/IOS (http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?do=details&task_id=72).

Like i said before my intention is to run game backup's (on dvd), so i've tryed to install the Custom IOS38 rev 13b (http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blogs/waninkoko) first i run the Bannerbomb exploit but this time using this file as boot.dol, i've installed using the network installation, and it say's the installation is ok but i'm still not able to play backup games on dvd, anyone can help me?!

Quick update:
When i was installing Custom IOS38 rev 13b i got an "install error (ret = -2011)" does anyone can help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkQ0f5zDhaQ +2