RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by JRoad, Nov 4, 2018.

1. JRoad
    OP

JRoad GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    This one takes the mantle of Nut Cleaner and serves as an implementation of my new modded hacbuild.
    https://github.com/julesontheroad/hacbuild

NOTE: Updated to v0.6.1
    Changelog in: https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/releases/tag/v0.6.1

1. Description

NSC_Builder is based in the awesome function "REMOVE_TITLE_RIGHTS" from nut by blawar this function let's you erase the titlerights encryption from nsp files. Tinfoil and SX installer will install the ticket either way so for it to not stay in your system you need to erase the ticket and cert from the nsp, this batch will take care of that.

Current version of the program allow you to make multi-content xci or nsp files.

The batch has 2 modes:
    • auto mode: you drag nsp files individually or folders with several files over the batch to enter in auto mode.
    • manual mode: you double click the batch and you can build a list of files to process.
    Current version of the program allow you to make multi-content xci or nsp files.

The batch has 2 modes:

- auto mode: you drag nsp/xci files to enter in automode.
    - manual mode: you double click the batch to enter in manual mode.

The behavior of these modes can be controlled by editing ztools\NSCB_options.cmd

For instructions go to github's page:
    https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER

For my modded hacbuild go to:
    https://github.com/julesontheroad/hacbuild

Note: To edit the config file I recommend https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.5.9.html

Current limitation for "multi-game"-xci files is 8 games in the xci. It seems Horizon Based, probably because of the number of icons loading at the same time, I don't know if qlauncher mods can get rid of the limitation.
    Also content bigger than 32gb in the same file can fail. I don't have a flag set for 64gb in hacbuild yet, and didn't test yet with something that big. It's one of the things I need to test.

Attached Files:

Last edited by JRoad, Nov 11, 2018 at 2:33 PM
  2. JRoad
    OP

JRoad GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    NSC_Builder v0.60- Support for delta skipping and direct extraction
    1.- Added nut options. Copy function with or without deltas.
    It'll let you skip the deltas wich are not needed for xci files.
    For nsp files they serve to transform old updates into new ones so they install faster and old update doesn't stay in your system3
    They're dissabled by default if you use nsp consider activating them.
    2.- Added direct extraction from xci files instead of using hactool so now extraction speed is linked to buffer option.
    3.- Added a couple of fallbacks to detect masterkeyrev in non standard ticket formats and old ticket formats.
    4.- Minor code clean up and little fixes.

Current planned improvements are:
    - List manager.
    - Batch tools to put in application some of my changes to nut libraries.
    - Support for meta patching and control nca building for custom logos.
    - Skips for individual mode.
    - Content splitter.
    - Titlerights restoration mode.

Some pictures:

Last edited by JRoad, Nov 8, 2018
    ioann1s, isoisoiso, Masterwin and 5 others like this.
  3. FMCore

FMCore Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    Canada
    Thanks mate!

4. LucioDragon

LucioDragon Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Chile
    Now nsp can be mixed with dlc and updates to build then an xci?

Mylink5 likes this.
  5. JRoad
    OP

JRoad GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Yep. The config is set for auto-process folders like that.
    You can also access to manual mode. Option 2 multi-pack mode for this.

LucioDragon likes this.
  6. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Addict

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    I think you should add to the title this (UPDATE+DLC+BASE merger) or something that is easy to tell people WHAT this does.

matias3ds likes this.
  7. JRoad
    OP

JRoad GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Ah, the think is you can put games in it. 8 games as maximum according to my tests.

But if you think it would be better to have that in the title we can do that. Thing is, do I need to ping a mod to change the title?

Last edited by JRoad, Nov 4, 2018
  8. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    You probably do need to do that! :) People get confused by the title of the homebrew, I think is very important to be clear what your software does and the purpose, many people is very interested in the merging update + DLC to a base XCI and if the title of your thread doesn't mention any of that then it will get overlook and wont get as much attention (There are some people lost in the wild looking for this but they didn't even know you were working on it, you can contact @Quantumcat and see if you can get this in the FRONT PAGE because this is a BIG RELEASE for everyone).

Quantumcat and Moko like this.
  9. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    ception: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
    The system cannot find the file C:\Users\PC\Downloads\switch\SWITCH.
    The system cannot find the file C:\Users\PC\Downloads\switch\SWITCH.

is this normal ?

EDIT: the programme files need to be in this directory /SWITCH it seeems

Last edited by kingraa777, Nov 4, 2018
  10. Firemanx

Firemanx Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2018
    United States
    @JRoad , first and foremost, tha I you so very much for your time on this project, it is very generous to the community.

Repackaging an nsp into an xci, when launching the xci for the first time, does the packed update run and install, or does the total package run as if it is a dummy updated cartridge which doesn't need to install any local files?

11. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    also my converted games dont show logos?
    edit now im getting 1kb files made with an nsp i know works?

Last edited by kingraa777, Nov 4, 2018
  12. JRoad
    OP

JRoad GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Not really mine are in F:\NSCB. I don't really now what your issue is related to, you can try and set absolute routes in your config folder but that error seems from the input, do you have a dot in your folder named "SWITCH"?

13. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    The games when you eject the card, the icon that stays in the system only shows the ORIGINAL VERSION without the update, is that normal? I merged XC2 Torna and when the XCI is loaded shows 1.0.1 and when I reboot the console it shows me the 1.0.0

14. JRoad
    OP

JRoad GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Ah no, it's like a rev game. It just loads the content inside the xci as if it was in the installed in the sd. All revision games work like that.

15. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    not dot in that directory i was getting this error when the programme was in a different directory now i put the programme files in tht directory in the error message i dont get the message also what would cause the output files to have either a blank logo when converted or the programme just to return a small kb file ?

16. FMCore

FMCore Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    Canada
    I get a permission denied error
    upload_2018-11-4_14-7-21.png

and it hangs there.

17. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    So, if I merge an update into an XCI, the system doesn’t install that update internally? I know with games that have updates on them, when you insert the game it prompts you to install the update that was included on the cart to either the SD card or NAND.

18. JRoad
    OP

JRoad GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Torna as dlc or as game? If I understand you the meta loaded when the game is not mounted is the one from the game. Doesn't happen with mine really. If you have access to devmenu you can check if everything loaded correctly, also didn't check xenoblade yet, remember it had issues being cleaned.
    I plan to add back the [lc].nsp method for those cases. Also as soon as I add tools.bat you will be able to generate placeholders, that can force your meta\control to update to last version.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Well it isn't working properly for you that's for sure. Can you make a logo? Do you remember how it was done?
    CD \d "program folder"
    NSCB.bat "ROUTE TO FILE\game.nsp" >log.txt 2>&1

19. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Is the original XCI game + NSP update! D: unmounted shows just the 1.0 but when I mount it shows 1.0.1 I don't know if that affect in something, I don't have DevMenu don't know if it works on 6.0.1

20. JRoad
    OP

JRoad GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    I don't really know why it tries to find something in your bin.

21. FMCore

FMCore Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    Canada
    It's not just the recycle bin

upload_2018-11-4_14-17-15.png