ROM Hack RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

• Thread starter JRoad
  • Start date
  • Views 731,841
  • Replies 2,826
  • Likes 74

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! I'm having the same problem with the keys "missing" when i'm sure i put the file in the ztools folder correctly like the previous versions.
I don't understand how you fixed this issue. Where is this user folder you mention? How do I create a folder ".switch", windows wont allow me to

For example: C:/Users/yourusernamei/.switch

Just take your prod.keys file and place it in there. Or rename your previously working keys.txt file to prod.keys and put it in there.

That said, I'm sticking to the original version. Error messages are not good in the mod for troubleshooting. The original version will say something like "Exception: read returned empty 0x37325c000" when verifying a file, but the same error for the updated "mod" version only says "INCORRECT".

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
For example: C:/Users/yourusernamei/.switch

Just take your prod.keys file and place it in there. Or rename your previously working keys.txt file to prod.keys and put it in there.

That said, I'm sticking to the original version. Error messages are not good in the mod for troubleshooting. The original version will say something like "Exception: read returned empty 0x37325c000" when verifying a file, but the same error for the updated "mod" version only says "INCORRECT".
That did the trick. Thank you.

oaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! I'm using NSC Builder again after a long while and running into an issue while using Multi Pack. Anytime I go to run it, whether it is as an NSP or XCI, with x64 or x86 I get the following message:

Calculating final content:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "squirrel.py", line 4110, in <module>
TypeError: can't concat str to bytes
[21472] Failed to execute script squirrel

I don't have too much experience with anything programming related, but it used to work just fine and now I can't get past this error, and can't seem to find anyone else who has found an answer either. Any chance anyone knows where to go with this?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all! I'm using NSC Builder again after a long while and running into an issue while using Multi Pack. Anytime I go to run it, whether it is as an NSP or XCI, with x64 or x86 I get the following message:

Calculating final content:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "squirrel.py", line 4110, in <module>
TypeError: can't concat str to bytes
[21472] Failed to execute script squirrel

I don't have too much experience with anything programming related, but it used to work just fine and now I can't get past this error, and can't seem to find anyone else who has found an answer either. Any chance anyone knows where to go with this?

There are several more options under the Multi Pack option. Which ones are you using? If you list your steps I can try to reproduce and see what happens. Did you try using a fresh NCSB folder from the latest version?
https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/releases/tag/1.01b

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some sort of log file that I may be missing? I can't rebuild an XCI using this tool It says successful but its only 64kb large and finishes repacking in like 3 seconds so something is wrong ha

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there some sort of log file that I may be missing? I can't rebuild an XCI using this tool It says successful but its only 64kb large and finishes repacking in like 3 seconds so something is wrong ha
Probably keys file is missing or incomplete, you need to have the last prod.keys dumped from your console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto