GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cyan why i can't update usb loader gx?
how do you update?
last revision from internal updater : 1226. I will update the internal version when googlecode is fixed (maybe it's on purpose, we can't download files anymore?)
last revision from manual update : 1230 (look in my signature and replace the boot.dol on your SD card with the one from the folder 249)

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you update?
last revision from internal updater : 1226. I will update the internal version when googlecode is fixed (maybe it's on purpose, we can't download files anymore?)
last revision from manual update : 1230 (look in my signature and replace the boot.dol on your SD card with the one from the folder 249)
since 1226 i can't update... how i can upgrade manually fully?

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
since 1226 i can't update... how i can upgrade manually fully?
he already gave you the answer:
Cyan said:
manual update : 1230 (look in my signature and replace the boot.dol on your SD card with the one from the folder 249)

click the line where it says USBGX r1230 from his signature to download the .zip file.

Reactions: JnL_SSBM and Cyan

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi, I have been wanting to play the N64 Zelda's and was wondering which version I should get. I heard the collector's edition is good (rumble, true 480p, 60fps) but the Majora's Mask port has issues. The Collector's edition is a bit expensive so I don't want to have to buy the vc version of Majora's Mask as well. Does anyone know if the issues with Majora's mask are fixed with nintendont/dios mios? Any help would be appreciated.

I see you are in a PAL region like me.
There are 3 options:
1. PAL VC wad @50hz. Works perfectly, but runs 20% slower than 60hz
2. NTSC Wad, modded to run @60hz on PAL Wii. See here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-nand-loader-mod-1-1.198242/
You must have a TV that can handle NTSC signal for this to work, i have a CRT so i went with option #3.
3. You can play MM from the Collectors edition (either from within the iso or ripped by itself as a tgc file and then converted to gcm)

Using #3 i finished the game. I have all masks, all gear, all sidequests done, missing 3 quarter-hearts pieces for 20/20 (i'm 19/20 atm) and one bottle. The only minigame instance where the timer makes winning impossible is the beaver race (bottle & heart piece awards). Everything else is beatable. Finally, on the end credits, Lulu's song isn't heard for whatever reason. Other than that no freezes, or slowdown, or glitches whatsoever due to the game running on Wii hardware and not GC.

So, TL: DR:
Have a NTSC capable TV? Go with #2.
If you don't wanna mess with wads, go with option #3.

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
I have a few questions someone might know the answers to!?
Problems on a regular wii is that i can't get an ordinary GC or GC Wavebird to function, Nintendont only says to put in HID controller. How can i use the ordinary GC controller!? And as I said, it's a regular Wii.

The other problem I have is in the Wii U vwii, I started Baten Kaitos 1 EUR and it started a few times but Nintendont never created a Memory card for that game, so i tried to reset it a few times.
Now i seem to have the Memory card fixed (the file is created in usb/saves along with others but now Nintendont never starts the game again, I just get blackscreen after Nintendont done loading the game...

Thanks
// 4nders

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi!
I have a few questions someone might know the answers to!?
Problems on a regular wii is that i can't get an ordinary GC or GC Wavebird to function, Nintendont only says to put in HID controller. How can i use the ordinary GC controller!? And as I said, it's a regular Wii.

The other problem I have is in the Wii U vwii, I started Baten Kaitos 1 EUR and it started a few times but Nintendont never created a Memory card for that game, so i tried to reset it a few times.
Now i seem to have the Memory card fixed (the file is created in usb/saves along with others but now Nintendont never starts the game again, I just get blackscreen after Nintendont done loading the game...

Thanks
// 4nders
And with what nintendont version are you trying all of this?
This sounds to me you are using an old version and maybe have the GC controller connected to the wrong port..

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
some games i've tested today to add to wiki, for those who are interested:
Hello Kitty Roller Rescue (USA) [GH6EAF] *WORKING*
Sources: 1:1 ISO and Shrunked Image
DSP: DSPv6
Nintendont Build: v.132
Loader: USB Loader GX v.r1230
Memory Card Support: Yes
Widescreen 480p Support: Yes
Shrunk: Working / Shrunk Size: 1.13 GB

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (2 Discs) (USA) [GNIEA4] *WORKING*
DSP: DSPv3
Shrunk: Working / Shrunk Size: 994 MB + 984 MB

Tonka: Rescue Patrol (USA) [GTQE6S] *WORKING*
DSP: DSPv4
Shrunk: Not Working / Shrunk Size: 273 MB
Issue: Audio Streaming Game

Mark Davis Pro Bass Challenge (USA) [G9BEE9] *WORKING*
DSP: DSPv9
Shrunk: Working / Shrunk Size: 97.6 MB

Road Trip: Arcade Edition (USA) [GROE5Z] *NOT WORKING*
DSP: DSPv2
Memory Card Support:
Widescreen 480p Support:
Shrunk: Not Working / Shrunk Size: 39.5 MB
Issue: Black screen on boot

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare (2 Discs) (USA) [G3QEA4] *NOT WORKING*
DSP: DSPv6
Memory Card Support:
Widescreen 480p Support:
Shrunk: Not Working / Shrunk Size: 1.01 GB + 993 MB
Issue: Black screen on boot

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And with what nintendont version are you trying all of this?
This sounds to me you are using an old version and maybe have the GC controller connected to the wrong port..

Hi, Thanks for you reply!
I'm using the latest (i think) r131 Nintendont and player 1 on GC input. Am I supposed to have a controller.ini for GC control!? Can't find any...

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope, no controller.ini needed for the gc controller and make sure you don't have HID turned on in the nintendont menu.

The other problem with your WiiU i have no answer for, no idea whats going on....
I have seen other post about it though, i think it had something to do with some games needing the force NTSC option.

Do you have the problem with every game?

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, no controller.ini needed for the gc controller and make sure you don't have HID turned on in the nintendont menu.

The other problem with your WiiU i have no answer for, no idea whats going on....
I have seen other post about it though, i think it had something to do with some games needing the force NTSC option.

Do you have the problem with every game?

Thanks for the help with turning of HID, it worked!
I will try the force NTSC option, i have read alot here, but not all the 549 pages =) Thanks alot!
Brb when i've tried!

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help with turning of HID, it worked!
I will try the force NTSC option, i have read alot here, but not all the 549 pages =) Thanks alot!
Brb when i've tried!

Tried, the game starts but freezes instant on "Do you want to display the game in progressive mode?"
Tried both forece NTSC and Force PAL 60, both froze on the same spot.

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried, the game starts but freezes instant on "Do you want to display the game in progressive mode?"
Tried both forece NTSC and Force PAL 60, both froze on the same spot.

I tried a new ISO and it worked, must have been a corrupt gamefile.
Everything seems to be working as it should now!

Thanks!
/ 4nders

Talessaga

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
sorry for the dumb question but I need to put controllconfig on the USB were i'll put the games or in the SD were the Nintendont app is located?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i use firefox+ublock