Hacking Custom Nand-Loader MOD 1.1

stev418

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all, I decide to share something that ive been fiddling with for a long time. Not sure about other guys with PAL setups but i for one am sick of getting 50hz virtual console games, personally my wiishop is set to USA and i use my custom-nand-loader-MOD to have ALL my VC running at 60hz (based on Waninkoko's Custom NAND Loader v1.0) This will work on ALL NTSC VC/WW to work on a PAL wii, and will also fix USA games that arent compatible on a PAL wii such as Tiki Towers

[ DESCRIPTION ]:

- This is an edit of waninkoks custom nand-loader replacement
Mainly ive made this edit to cater for all the PAL Wii owners
who have been stuck with using Virtual Console games that are
50hz only, come on its nearly 2010 ninty. Obviously your TV
must support an NTSC signal for this to be of use to you.

[ WHATS NEW ]:

- All config and GUI has been stripped - simple forceNTSC only
- Added 002 error fix (uses Proper 'NEW' 002 fix)
- Added SetTime fix for the 'date bug'
- Added Anti-green screen fix

[ DIRECTIONS ]:

- Grab wwpacker 1.84 and common-key.bin
- Purchase your favorite NTSC VC wad and dump into wwpacker folder
- Assertain with WadDataInfo.exe what IOS version loader you need
- Place your loader into wwpacker folder renamed to loader.bin
(if IOS is below IOS53 just use the forceNTSC.bin)
- Drag your *.wad onto _wwpacker-Loader.bat and press 'X' for all options
- Install your new *[Patched][Loader][RegionFree].wad onto your wii
- Enjoy full 60hz VC on your PAL wii

stev418

Download

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Fantastic!
biggrin.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Invalid or Deleted File
The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire. If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact support.
Click here to view our help resources

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please PM me if this is able to force 60Hz on a game where TriiForce* can't. I know it's to be used completely different, but it should be possible to get the same stuff in both.

*TriiForce needs completely untouched VC/WiiWare to work properly

rkChdrkls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This worked to allow two Japanese Arcade Virtual Console games (Splatterhouse and Rolling Thunder) to load up on my PAL wii.
Before this they would not load, just go to a black screen (after I already made them region free). They would not even load with triiforce.
Only problem now is all the writing is in Japanese. I presime this is a problem with all japanese vc and wiiware games, Is there a way to patch them to show English text.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
rkChdrkls said:
This worked to allow two Japanese Arcade Virtual Console games (Splatterhouse and Rolling Thunder) to load up on my PAL wii.
Before this they would not load, just go to a black screen (after I already made them region free). They would not even load with triiforce.
Only problem now is all the writing is in Japanese. I presime this is a problem with all japanese vc and wiiware games, Is there a way to patch them to show English text.

Did you try force NTSC, force japanese on TriiForce? And did you try a clean version with TriiForce? TriiForce does not work with patched channels.

rkChdrkls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
rkChdrkls said:

Did you try force NTSC, force japanese on TriiForce? And did you try a clean version with TriiForce? TriiForce does not work with patched channels.

What do you mean by patched channels? If you mean the VC wads, they are all unmodified when I tried them on triiforce.
Apparently there are some VC/WiiWare games that still black screen when trying NTSC on PAL Wii's.

At least using this thread it was possible to play those Japanese NTSC games on PAL Wii. But I'm still not clear what it exactly this does. Just patch a modified IOS53 in the game wad?

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is awesome, just patched my first wad but I haven't installed it yet (I'm at work). Have to test when i get home, but it would be great to use 60hz for all games!

Last edit: I got it all wrong, i thought i was ment to speed up PAL-games. I didn't read it through, working great with the NTSC version of mario64, what a difference, thanks!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
e2zippo said:
This is awesome, just patched my first wad but I haven't installed it yet (I'm at work). Have to test when i get home, but it would be great to use 60hz for all games!

You should be able to force 60 Hz on all channels which allow to do that with TriiForce. Well if you are willing to use an app to boot the channels instead of the wii menu.

If you install a patched wad, you can brick your Wii, make sure you have something installed if that happens. (BootMii installed to boot2, IOS doesn't help at all, or preloader/priiloader)

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to build this I get the following error:
Code:
linking ... custom-nand-loader-MOD-1.1.elf
powerpc-eabi-gcc -T ../rvl.ld config.o loader.o nandloader.o patches.o sys.o title.o video.o stub.o -DGEKKO -mrvl -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float -Wl,-Map,custom-nand-loader-MOD-1.1.elf.map -L/c/DevKitProjects/custom-nand-loader-MOD-1.1/lib -L/c/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii -lpng -lmodplay -lasnd -lwiiuse -lbte -logc -lm -lz -o /c/DevKitProjects/custom-nand-loader-MOD-1.1/custom-nand-loader-MOD-1.1.elf
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.4.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libogc.a(system.o): the target (.sdata2.__sys_inIPL) of a R_PPC_EMB_SDA21 relocation is in the wrong output section (.data)
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.4.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/DevKitProjects/custom-nand-loader-MOD-1.1/custom-nand-loader-MOD-1.1.elf] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2
I've fixed this before, but can't remember how. I've got the latest devkit installed.

Is it an issue with rvl.ld or ld.exe?

Does anyone know how to fix it please?

Thanks.

EDIT: NVM I got it working by using libogc-02-08-2009.zip which I think came from the USB Loader GX Forwarder

D

Deleted member 180466

Is there a another way than this? Have 60hz on NTSC games on PAL Wii? Ive tried this and it works but wonder if there is a easier way?

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
e2zippo said:

You should be able to force 60 Hz on all channels which allow to do that with TriiForce. Well if you are willing to use an app to boot the channels instead of the wii menu.

If you install a patched wad, you can brick your Wii, make sure you have something installed if that happens. (BootMii installed to boot2, IOS doesn't help at all, or preloader/priiloader)

I've patched around 30-40 games and installed them, runs great! What a difference compared to the PAL-versions (especially Sonic on Genesis) The problem only exists in VC games from what I understand, or are there PAL WiiWare games that run in 50hz as well?

Wii games aren't affected at all are they, from what i can recall all my PAL-games run in 480p 60hz.

And I have bootmii installed as boot2.

D

Deleted member 180466

GHBAimen said:
Is there a another way than this? Have 60hz on NTSC games on PAL Wii? Ive tried this and it works but wonder if there is a easier way?

bump

And yes, I know there are Triiforce but just want to start the game instead for start the Triiforce and start the game.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
this is like a dream come truth, to play neo geo and n64 games at 60hz
laugh.gif
great work stev418.

the only problem is that i get red screen with my RGB cable.
anyone know how to fix it?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ninn said:
this is like a dream come truth, to play neo geo and n64 games at 60hz
laugh.gif
great work stev418.

the only problem is that i get red screen with my RGB cable.
anyone know how to fix it?

Force PAL480i instead of NTSC480i. How would you even know it's running at PAL 60Hz instead of PAL 50Hz? And TriiForce should also allow to force video modes.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How would i know it's running at PAL 60Hz instead of PAL 50Hz?? because i tried the game with and without patching it and there's a difference in speed and the black borders are gone in the 60hz patched version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night