Hacking Custom Nand-Loader MOD 1.1

kditdkditd

Trophies
XP
Country
hi, i red through the three pages, but nobody had a solution for playing ntsc vc games over a scart rgb cable in 60hz, without a red screen.
yes, they work fine with a component cable in 480p, but i want to play them on a crt, because i NEED scanlines. (no i dont have 400$ for a framemeister)
and as stated earlier, 480p is a different rgb video signal then rgb over scart.

You can play in 480i and 480p, and 480p is RGB, right? So yes, you can.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi, i red through the three pages, but nobody had a solution for playing ntsc vc games over a scart rgb cable in 60hz, without a red screen.
yes, they work fine with a component cable in 480p, but i want to play them on a crt, because i NEED scanlines. (no i dont have 400$ for a framemeister)
and as stated earlier, 480p is a different rgb video signal then rgb over scart.
Force your game to 480i NOT 480p in order to get 240p scanlines.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
AFAIK NTSC games support S-Video whereas PAL games support RGB. So it might not be doable.

georgtrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello Stev and thank you very much for your help.wwpacker is an excellent programm for demanding players.I have one problem.I have a pal wii.I dont have trouble playing ntsc games with this mod BUT when i play last blade or samurai shodown the shadows of the fighters flicker rapidly.What can i do?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Sorry for bumping, but any N64 WADs patched with this automatically reboot the Wii when I reset from the HOME Menu or by pressing the RESET button on the Wii. Probably because N64 VC games are programmed to, when resetting the game, restart themselves completely instead of just resetting the ROM. Any help here?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I would also like to know how to use this I cant understand any of the instructions ?
The instructions are already on the OP:
[ DIRECTIONS ]:

- Grab wwpacker 1.84 and common-key.bin
- Purchase your favorite NTSC VC wad and dump into wwpacker folder
- Assertain with WadDataInfo.exe what IOS version loader you need
- Place your loader into wwpacker folder renamed to loader.bin
(if IOS is below IOS53 just use the forceNTSC.bin)
- Drag your *.wad onto _wwpacker-Loader.bat and press 'X' for all options
- Install your new *[Patched][Loader][RegionFree].wad onto your wii
- Enjoy full 60hz VC on your PAL wii

stev418

Download

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah I know im being really dumb duh thanks man I just couldn't quite grasp the process think I got it now shuk ran :)

I'll let you know how I get on with the N64 Wads

Last edited by Hi-Dro,

Chris1982

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is old, but just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU. I've just signed up to post this because I want you to know that this info is still helping people in 2017! I have been searching and searching for a solution to this problem and this thread totally fixed it for me. I had PAL wads for most of the N64 games I want to play on my Wii but couldn't find 1080 Snowboarding anywhere. I used 'freethewads' to get the NTSC wad working but the sound was terrible and the game just didn't feel right. Now it sounds perfect and runs perfectly. THNAK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU : )

Reactions: CatmanFan

Mislav

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Stev418 please help me, i'm new to this.
I'm having problems following your steps.....
Place your loader into wwpacker folder renamed to loader.bin
(if IOS is below IOS53 just use the forceNTSC.bin)

What loader? It says IOS9 for my game (Super Mario Bros)...where do i find loader to place it in the wwpacker folder....
Please, i'm sory if i sound stupid.
Thanks

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
I realise this is a necro'ed thread, but just as a side note, I fought long and hard with this back in the day....so I might as well get this down on paper before I die.

just so every PAL Wii owner knows, do yourself a favour and get a Wii s-video cable (preferably one with the simultaneous composite feed) and CAREFULLY carefully change your video output to NTSC in Any-Region-Changer

https://github.com/modmii/Any-Region-Changer-Modmii-Edition/releases

(don't change any other settings, ONLY "console video mode" or there is a risk of a BRICK!). delete all the PAL VC games and use the NTSC ones instead.

I honestly never looked back...I know, I know, it's hard to put that RGB scart cable down, but it's no good here with wii vc wad, son. a lot of the official ones just won't work (NES) or will just run in 50hz (mega drive)

the s-video won't work in PAL mode, but you just run everything in NTSC instead. the only thing I encountered that would not run in NTSC was, deeply ironically, "240p test suite" (it somehow forces pal, I honestly don't know how. I even changed my system menu to 4.1U and all my area and region to USA).

The s-video is nearly as good as RGB for 240p, and infact is more versatile with sony PVMs etc (since aperture, chroma, phase etc only work with NTSC in most cases). also the PAL colour spacing have this pinky hue and pastel type look

owner of sony pvm 1450qm with no component video input...

Last edited by fenderjaguar,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far