neek2o - wiiware games still not working

grandosegood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all,

i feel like i'm getting stuck somewhere. i have a new nand made from modmii (pl_us) and also my dumped nand (01), both located in nands folder. i tried booting up the clean pl_us neek2o nand and start phoenix wright, defend your castle, bonsai barber and castlevania rebirth. only castlevania rebirth started up in neek mode, the others just went to black screen. i've sourced the wads twice, from mariocube, and am just stuck. i have the modmii files on my SD card and usb drive for UNEEK+DI, but just can't seem to get a majority of the games working. i had usb loader gx just target the pl_us nand, tried the 4 games above, and only rebirth worked. do i combined 01 into pl_us? in neek mode, i have region free set to on, and game mode set to game (could also pick ntsc). any advice? Thanks.
Post automatically merged:

edit: i finally got most of them working by starting over fresh, following cyan's recent instructions, which include pointing to pl_us folder temporarily in usb loader, start it up and set the settings, then go back to usb loader and point back to your original nand dump (you will have two nand folders in the "nands" folders). the only way i could get everything working was to first install to system nand, dump everything via usb loader, set the appropriate games that need neek (only wii ware and some n64 vc), then delete games from system nand. it's a pain, but using showmiiwads or usb loader's built in wad installer for emunand didn't work either, dumping from nand to emunand was the only way to get most of them working.

Last edited by grandosegood,
Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

It's been awhile since i tinkered with this but we should get you up running full speed after i knock some rust off.

I usually use WFL these days but i'm well seasoned with GX from years past, so i hope i can help you out here.

First off, i just loaded up GX and Phoenix Wright booted straight away for me. Now booted Bonsai Barber, also working with no issues.

2nd, I have 2 NAND folders set up. one for Virtual Console and the other for WiiWare.

3rd, in my experience (and i haven't dumped NAND in quite a while), GX is the most stable way to dump. I believe my Virtual Console NAND was dumped using WiiFlow Lite and my WiiWare NAND was dumped using GX.

With that out of the way, do you have GX set up on your SD or USB? You said you have nands folder on USB correct? You also have SNEEK folder on USB correct?

Also, inside your nands and SNEEK folders, these files exist...

nands/
WiiWare ... your folder will probably be named "default". Inside this "default" folder (WiiWare in my case) should be these folders...
import
meta
shared1
shared2
sneekcache
sys
ticket
title
temp
wfs

SNEEK/
armboot.bin
di.bin
diconfig.bin
font.bin
kernel.bin
nandcfg.bin
rev txt

Can you please confirm these folders and files exist.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

grandosegood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey there, thanks for your reply, your work has been really helpful in terms of forwarders and the advice you have given over time. my folder structure matches what you have, except i delete di.bin in an attempt to troubleshoot, but its ok since i don't have any disc games and disc reader broken. eventually, the only way for me to get everything working was to dump from system nand to emunand via usb loader gx. the only ones that didn't work so far were bonsai barber, defend your castle. i also put a few dlc games on the system nand such as megaman and phoenix wright, so the dlc would boot properly (dlc didn't work in emunand or neek mode). using this method of dumping to emunand, all other games that didn't work properly are working for the most part, except those few that i mentioned. rebirth games also work using neek mode after dumping to emunand from system nand. of course, you must delete from system nand afterwards, which can be a bit of a pain, but it's actually working for the most part

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Thank you for updating your status. Are you using PAL or NTSC console?

There are other problem games, one of the Pro Lawn Darts games and another i cannot recall cannot be played through SNEEK.

Other than that, trY setting NAND save to off.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

grandosegood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the update. as far as i know, both the games and the console are ntsc. i only have a few games, the ones that are more party focused (with megaman and phoenix wright being the exceptions). the two previously mentioned non starting games along with megaman and phoenix wright were moved to system nand so they would work/show DLC, but i can still access everything from usb loader gx as intended. i currently have emunand save setting to full, are you saying it should turn off, which will have the games save to system nand instead?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto