Can I install Castlevania rebirth wad (USA) in NAND of Wii console (Japan region) and get it work?

sockscap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've setup USB Loader GX with EmuNAND to play WiiWare/VC games. I've tested a few games and they work fine. I hear that Castlevania rebirth is one of the special games that doesn't work this way. Usually neek setup is recommended to play this game, but for some reason neek is not very suitable for me.

What I'm thinking is, as most WiiWare/VC games work with EmuNAND, I don't mind installing the few special games in system NAND if they can work.

I understand I should always be careful if I install anything from a different region. My Wii console is 4.3J (Japan region), and the Castlevania rebirth wad I have is for USA. So the first question is, can I install it safely? Will it brick the console or break anything?

If it's safe to install the wad, will either of the following work?
- Launch the channel title from system menu (with Priiloader Region Free EVERYTHING hack enabled)
- Launch it via a USB loader (e.g. USB Loader GX) from the NAND channel

Error52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's safe to install out of region wads, yeah. Priiloader and USBLoaderGX should also load it just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto