neek2o wiiware corrupted - bonsai barber

grandosegood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey folks,

I'm tried to get emunand + neek2o (uneek + di) on my system. i followed the steps outlined here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-i-get-usb-loader-gx-to-properly-utilize-emunand.437521/

and was able to get castlevania rebirth to play. gradius rebirth just loads to black screen, while bonsai barber gives me a 'corrupted data' error message and tells me to reinstall, with sneek option on in usb loader gx. castlevania rebirth does load fine tho. for bonsai, i booted neek environment from usb loader gx and tried the game, got the same error message. i have a usb ext hard drive on a usb-c connection (no y-cable) if that helps. i've softmodded following the latest guide. Any tips? i feel like i'm close, just missing one or two things. Thanks.

grandosegood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bonsai Barber is not compatible with Neek20.

You need to use Triiforce, which does support Bonsai Barber.
thanks for your reply, i've tried a bunch of wiiware games, such as defend your castle and phoenix wright, using the above neek2o setup. It just doesn't seem to work unfortunately. castlevania seems to work, but phoenix wright and others just boot to black screen.

superslider

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for your reply, i've tried a bunch of wiiware games, such as defend your castle and phoenix wright, using the above neek2o setup. It just doesn't seem to work unfortunately. castlevania seems to work, but phoenix wright and others just boot to black screen.
That's okay.

Assuming the following:

- External Harddrive formatted to FAT32 with 32kb Clusters.
- Use the homebrew app SysCheck-ModMii-Edition to create a Syscheck file on your USB, then drag that file to the ModMii app to update your cIOS to maximum compatibility.

From that point:

Try with Neek2o option turned On or Off. Then swap out the region between a PAL or NTSC copy.
No matter the setting, Bonsai Barber doesn't work with Neek2o for me.

The only games that don't work for me are Bonsai Barber and games that only had an NTSC release and were never released in PAL.

I don't know enough to tell you whether your lack of a Y-Cable on your harddrive is causing some games not to boot, but it's possible since the Wii is needing to access the external harddrive with the same identical accuracy and speed as its internal storage since that's what an Emulated NAND is.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Castlevania Rebirth can give a working false positive. It will boot to start screen, then black screen freeze. Are you actually able to play Castlevania?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto