Homebrew Wii ware wads specifically not working on usb loader gx

aidn0828

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently installed a bunch of wads onto my soft modded ntsc wii. I have priiloader región free and video mode to system default in loader settings. All of the virtual console games work great and I’ve had a lot of fun. However all of the wiiware games accept for dr Mario and bomberman blast seem to not work. I am greeted with the loading screen when you press the game and once you press start the screen goes black and the disk slot is not glowing. The same can be said exactly with pal region wads like 25th anniversary Mario bros for the nes. People always say install neek and sneek whatever but that doesn’t remove the fact that bit trip games and Mega man 9 and 10 shouldn’t be working with regular usb loader gx emunand. Any helpful responses is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem using a nand made with usb loader gx it would not play wiiware games so i dumped my nand with bootmii then extracted the nand dump with showmiiwads and now wiiware games work for me it might work for you its worth a try.

aidn0828

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you do it? Could you give me a step by step guide? And what is showmiiwads and how do you dump nand to bootmii. Like dumping to the same bootmii as the bootmii iOS?

Last edited by aidn0828,

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you do it? Could you give me a step by step guide? And what is showmiiwads and how do you dump nand to bootmii. Like dumping to the same bootmii as the bootmii iOS?
Yes bootmii ios is what you need to dump the nand after that place your nand.bin and keys.bin on your computer load up showmiiwads go to tools and then go to extract bootmii dump.

aidn0828

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I’ll try it at home thanks I’ll let you know if I need any help
Post automatically merged:

Yes bootmii ios is what you need to dump the nand after that place your nand.bin and keys.bin on your computer load up showmiiwads go to tools and then go to extract bootmii dump.
Where do I extract the bootmii nand to? Or do I just put the folder back on the sd card. and when it says folder to use for extracting do I use the folder with my backups from bootmii?
Post automatically merged:

Like when I try extracting it to bootmii it says pick a folder with keys.bin. But it makes me select a file. What file do I choose? Sorry for so many questions I'm just eager to figure this out. If it's possible, providing images would be helpful.

Last edited by aidn0828,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol