Hacking Nintendont

shadowcaster3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just looked at it and not a single patch gets applied to the disc so I assume that it was built so early that all of its contents are different from any other piece of gamecube software out there, to have support for it I probably would have to write a completely new set of patches which is very unlikely :P
It's a pity. I was looking for a controller/gba link test software, so service disk looked perfect. There is a homebrew test for gamecube controllers, will stick to it, it's better than nothing. :)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Stridoca

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys! First of all, nice work!!!

I'm having problems with my 3rd party PS3 dual shock controller... When I press any button, it looks like they are on turbo mode, while there is not even this mode in the controller. Example: I can't hold the buttons, take B button for example in Zelda, I can't spin attack because it just looks like it keeps on pressing B instead of just holding them.

I've tested with my neighbor's "first party" PS3 controller and it works fine, I can hold buttons.

Is there something I can do to fix this? I've tried making a custom controller.ini, but there is no difference by doing that because both controllers give me the same values, it's the same configuration and mapping for both! Same VID PID, EndpointAddress, MaxPacketSize...

I've also "monitored" the buttons in HID Test. When I press and hold them, nothing changes, it's the same for both.

sendblink23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your awesome Nintendont ;)
Now I tried using the Channel Forwarder but the BIG issue I got is exiting the games(I use Wiimote + Nunchucks, pressing Home button)... it basically freezes in black screen since I assume its trying to exit to a Loader but since it was launched through the Channel Forwarder it obviously is not going to work exiting here(I have to unplug the wiiu to reset). Any Nintendont version that has been changed for Exit to Wii Menu at least for Channel Forwarder version(as in replacing the apps folder files)?

Last edited by sendblink23,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for your awesome Nintendont ;)
Now I tried using the Channel Forwarder but the BIG issue I got is exiting the games(I use Wiimote + Nunchucks, pressing Home button)... it basically freezes in black screen since I assume its trying to exit to a Loader but since it was launched through the Channel Forwarder it obviously is not going to work exiting here(I have to unplug the wiiu to reset). Any Nintendont version that has been changed for Exit to Wii Menu at least for Channel Forwarder version(as in replacing the apps folder files)?
that is becuase your using a fowarder that doesnt have a full stub, it will never exit correctly, dont ask me for a fowarder with a full stub for nintendont since i dont think one exists lol.

sendblink23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that is becuase your using a fowarder that doesnt have a full stub, it will never exit correctly, dont ask me for a fowarder with a full stub for nintendont since i dont think one exists lol.
hmm but doesn't the forwarder just runs by the apps folder's Nintendont files as in like the *main post mentions it right under it...
The forwarders are looking for the file located on:
SD:/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol
SD:apps/Nintendont/loader.dol
USB1:/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol
USB1:/apps/Nintendont/loader.dol

I assume that I just need an altered Nintendont files, which instead of its default "Returning to Loader" changed as exit to Wii Menu. If that isn't possible then okay no problems.

Do you by any chance can lead me to the correct WiiFlow version which supports Nintendont, current version of Wiiflow even if I change the "Default GC game loader" to Nintendont I can't seem to make Wiiflow to show my GC games. When I went searching for the "Use AbdallahTerro Master's mod instead" it came up with so many different things related that I don't know which one is the latest that I should use for vWii.

My issue with USBLoaderGX or CfgLoader is that oddly it isn't reading all my Wii games(it only reads exactly only 30 of them) but WiiFlow reads them all entirely(only its not showing the GC games). However those(usbloadergx / cfgloader) do read all my GC games but I can't seem to make it use Nintendont as the loader.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hmm but doesn't the forwarder just runs by the apps folder's Nintendont files as in like the *main post mentions it right under it...

I assume that I just need an altered Nintendont files, which instead of its default "Returning to Loader" changed as exit to Wii Menu. If that isn't possible then okay no problems.

Do you by any chance can lead me to the correct WiiFlow version which supports Nintendont, current version of Wiiflow even if I change the "Default GC game loader" to Nintendont I can't seem to make Wiiflow to show my GC games. When I went searching for the "Use AbdallahTerro Master's mod instead" it came up with so many different things related that I don't know which one is the latest that I should use for vWii.

My issue with USBLoaderGX or CfgLoader is that oddly it isn't reading all my Wii games(it only reads exactly only 30 of them) but WiiFlow reads them all entirely(only its not showing the GC games). However those(usbloadergx / cfgloader) do read all my GC games but I can't seem to make it use Nintendont as the loader.
on wiiflow you probably need to go into settings and check show GC games i know on usbloader gx you needed to check show gc games.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the source menu to switch from Wii to GC games with WiiFlow. It's the second button from the right at the bottom. Click it with "B" to get a menu instead of rotating through the options.

sendblink23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use the source menu to switch from Wii to GC games with WiiFlow. It's the second button from the right at the bottom. Click it with "B" to get a menu instead of rotating through the options.

The gamecube one says ***Disabled*** and I can't find anywhere to enable it, I have set the path(path manager > gamecube games) in WiiFlow correctly for the GC games and also set the Default GC game loader to Nintendont - honestly I don't see anything to enable show GC games. :(

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
just looked at it and not a single patch gets applied to the disc so I assume that it was built so early that all of its contents are different from any other piece of gamecube software out there, to have support for it I probably would have to write a completely new set of patches which is very unlikely :P
I remember testing this with Dios Mios and it didn't work either, I wonder if it can run on Donlphin, I was interested because back then a rumor was made that somebody found a proto for the rare Sonic Extreme (not Sonic Xtreme btw) on the disc, of course this rumor faded away as nobody managed to get it to work, only copy we know of for this proto is on Xbox...

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who worked on this project and especially thank Fix94 for his dedication to make this happen, I remember when you first had doubts about your programming skills that you weren't sure if you could help this project much after Crediar left it to move on to other projects, look at what you've done you shall be proud of what you have created, I find myself using this software more than anything else on my Wii so thank you and thanks to the entire Nintindont team :)

Last edited by sonictopfan,
Reactions: bm123456

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The gamecube one says ***Disabled*** and I can't find anywhere to enable it, I have set the path(path manager > gamecube games) in WiiFlow correctly for the GC games and also set the Default GC game loader to Nintendont - honestly I don't see anything to enable show GC games. :(
The nintendont loader has to be in apps/Nintendont/boot.dol for it to be detected. Also you should make sure that you are using this wiiflow version.

sendblink23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The nintendont loader has to be in apps/Nintendont/boot.dol for it to be detected. Also you should make sure that you are using this wiiflow version.
Thank you master FIX94 for pointing me to the proper Wiiflow version, yes I did have nintendont files inside "apps/Nintendont/" (boot.dol and meta.xml)... and finally now my GC games do show up and work :)

Minor stuff but how do I force Wide Screen, it seems it isn't working the Widescreen patch in settings for the games(select the game and press the gears icon: 3/4 > Widescreen Patch) when I go play the game it stays in 4:3 aspect ratio, I do have my Nintendont set to use the Wii U Widescreen(it works if I run Nintendont alone) but it seems through Wiiflow it does not seem to use that setting(although I do see it for 3 seconds when you press the Home button to exit a GC game).

Could you edit the Main Post of this thread and add your Mediafire link (http://www.mediafire.com/download/s74l97o00dz08qf/boot_r1076.7z) for the WiiFlow version, add it in this part:
CFG Loader & Wiiflow
Latest official version are not compatible with Nintendont.
Use AbdallahTerro Master's mod instead.

The link where I had the Wiiflow is from this vWii guide(which is how I installed my vWii): https://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/
I guess you should edit it as well and add your link too there on this part:
6a - If you receive an error (dump error) using Configurable USB Loader (both with alt or normal cIOS version):

Try to use Wiiflow or USBLoader GX

Now I am wondering for Nintendont, is there a way to customize the Wiimote + Nunchucks? I do not like any of the preset configurations available(default, abz, naggers, racing 1, racing 2, troopage, shooters) and want to do my own as in replacing the default one... is that possible?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you master FIX94 for pointing me to the proper Wiiflow version, yes I did have nintendont files inside "apps/Nintendont/" (boot.dol and meta.xml)... and finally now my GC games do show up and work :)

Minor stuff but how do I force Wide Screen, it seems it isn't working the Widescreen patch in settings for the games(select the game and press the gears icon: 3/4 > Widescreen Patch) when I go play the game it stays in 4:3 aspect ratio, I do have my Nintendont set to use the Wii U Widescreen(it works if I run Nintendont alone) but it seems through Wiiflow it does not seem to use that setting(although I do see it for 3 seconds when you press the Home button to exit a GC game).

Could you edit the Main Post of this thread and add your Mediafire link (http://www.mediafire.com/download/s74l97o00dz08qf/boot_r1076.7z) for the WiiFlow version, add it in this part:

The link where I had the Wiiflow is from this vWii guide(which is how I installed my vWii): https://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/
I guess you should edit it as well and add your link too there on this part:

Now I am wondering for Nintendont, is there a way to customize the Wiimote + Nunchucks? I do not like any of the preset configurations available(default, abz, naggers, racing 1, racing 2, troopage, shooters) and want to do my own as in replacing the default one... is that possible?
ypu would need to reccompie nintendont with your changes.

EntermateStar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh hey, so im trying to move my save data for shadow the hedgehog to nintendont but i keeps saying there isnt any save data when i boot the game up, its in .gci format but that shouldnt be the problem since other people ive seen have been able to use those, i renamed it the 4 digit/letter name of the game like the other save data it made and i deleted the one it made and kept my real save data there with the name but it still says that theres no save data, help please if you can

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh hey, so im trying to move my save data for shadow the hedgehog to nintendont but i keeps saying there isnt any save data when i boot the game up, its in .gci format but that shouldnt be the problem since other people ive seen have been able to use those, i renamed it the 4 digit/letter name of the game like the other save data it made and i deleted the one it made and kept my real save data there with the name but it still says that theres no save data, help please if you can

Savegames

EntermateStar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay thanks, i have all of my save data on one .raw now, although now how do i get nintendont to read that .raw now. not sure what to do in the settings, it isnt a clear enough explanation. i have memory card emulation turned on, just turned multi card on to see if that would work, it didnt, and now im here asking for help again :P do i need to turn memory card emulation off? that wouldnt make any sense and the only other memcard settings are the memcard multi and memcard blocks

Edit: figured it out sorry, had to rename it ninmem.raw

Last edited by EntermateStar,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
okay thanks, i have all of my save data on one .raw now, although now how do i get nintendont to read that .raw now. not sure what to do in the settings, it isnt a clear enough explanation. i have memory card emulation turned on, just turned multi card on to see if that would work, it didnt, and now im here asking for help again :P do i need to turn memory card emulation off? that wouldnt make any sense and the only other memcard settings are the memcard multi and memcard blocks

Edit: figured it out sorry, had to rename it ninmem.raw
use mc emu and single and the number of blocks your raw file has, then just rename it to the game id and put it on the save folder.

EntermateStar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use mc emu and single and the number of blocks your raw file has, then just rename it to the game id and put it on the save folder.
i already figured out the problem, and im just going to assume you dont know what your talking about since i cant even understand what you just typed, and the .raw does not have to be the id of the game unless im using a separate .raw for each game >.> which im not doing

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already figured out the problem, and im just going to assume you dont know what your talking about since i cant even understand what you just typed, and the .raw does not have to be the id of the game unless im using a separate .raw for each game >.> which im not doing

He's helped people with this since before I joined. I think you need to name the file "ninmem.raw" or "ninmemj.raw" for Japanese saves. As pedro702 said, you have to set the block size in Nintendont to match the size of the single-file save you're using.

It would be better to split up the saves to their own separate files though so if something gets corrupted you won't lose everything in the file.

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As pedro702 said, you have to set the block size in Nintendont to match the size of the single-file save you're using.
Actually, the block size setting is only used when creating new files. It is completely ignored, and the file size is used instead if the file already exists.

Last edited by GreyRogue,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Depends on my mood