Hacking Nintendont

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the block size setting is only used when creating new files. If the file already exists, it is completely ignored and the file size is used instead.

Ah, ok. I've always used segregated files. :)

Also, big thanks to whichever mod added this as a link to the Wii Backup Loaders forum. :D

Last edited by GreyWolf,

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I have a question regarding the ability to use the actual discs to play Gamecube Games via Nintendont.

I've recently be researching the possibility of using a MiniDVD to Standard DVD Adapter on my Wii U so I won't have to back them up each time I purchase a new game. After not finding any conclusive results on Google, I decided it would be in my best interest to ask here. My question is, would it be possible to use such a device on my console without having it mess anything up internally? As well, what would be the technicality onto why it would/wouldn't work?

I'm just generally curious if such a thing is possible.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I have a question regarding the ability to use the actual discs to play Gamecube Games via Nintendont.

I've recently be researching the possibility of using a MiniDVD to Standard DVD Adapter on my Wii U so I won't have to back them up each time I purchase a new game. After not finding any conclusive results on Google, I decided it would be in my best interest to ask here. My question is, would it be possible to use such a device on my console without having it mess anything up internally? As well, what would be the technicality onto why it would/wouldn't work?

I'm just generally curious if such a thing is possible.
An... Adapter?... I'm really confused as to what you're asking. Don't try to stick a mini DVD into your Wii U, it will f*** it up

Do you own a Wii?? You could use a program called CleanRip to dump the game in an ISO format that you could then place on a USB drive to use through Nintendont

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An... Adapter?... I'm really confused as to what you're asking. Don't try to stick a mini DVD into your Wii U, it will f*** it up

Do you own a Wii?? You could use a program called CleanRip to dump the game in an ISO format that you could then place on a USB drive to use through Nintendont
I'm talking about one of these.

It allows you to use MiniDVD's on DVD Player's that aren't natively compatible with the MiniDVD format. It's essentially just an adapter :P.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about one of these.

It allows you to use MiniDVD's on DVD Player's that aren't natively compatible with the MiniDVD format. It's essentially just an adapter :P.
I'll be completely honest with you, I've never seen one of those in my life :blink:

Unfortunately I don't think they will work, because the Wii U uses a different laser reader that doesn't support reading DVDs. I'm not sure how they do it with standard Wii disks, though, which is why I'm kind of doubting myself...

@FIX94 is there any chance of this working? Is the risk of him shredding his disk drive worth giving it a go?

Reactions: epicmartin7

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FIX94 is there any chance of this working? Is the risk of him shredding his disk drive worth giving it a go?
I dont see why it shouldnt work, I'm pretty sure the only reason the wiiu drive doesnt accept gc games is because of the too small disc.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont see why it shouldnt work, I'm pretty sure the only reason the wiiu drive doesnt accept gc games is because of the too small disc.
Huh, interesting

Well, @epicmartin7, you may be a bold new pioneer discovering something that none of us thought we were dumb enough to try XD
If you do try this, report back because I'm actually really interested in hearing whether or not it would work

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I just found a thread talking about this exact question!
(https://gbatemp.net/threads/using-a-mini-disc-adapter.362748/)

Now, the information there does seem plausible. The only thing is nobody has really tested this method yet. Now, I'd be willing to test it out, but I unfortunately don't have the money to yet. So it might be a while, but I'll tell you guys if I do manage to get my hands on one.

Although one thing I have noticed is in the Nintendont UI, the option to play via Disc is missing when playing on a Wii U. So... it might be impossible to test unless someone enables that functionality for testing purposes.

@FIX94: Is there anyway you could possibly enable the option to play via a disc drive for Nintendont on Wii U? Maybe in a test build so I can have it as reference for when I test it in the future?

Last edited by epicmartin7,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I can't seem to find one that has that cutout in the middle, just ones that have a slot for the mini DVD and make it twice as thick as it needs to be. If you find one anywhere could you please post it here?

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I can't seem to find one that has that cutout in the middle, just ones that have a slot for the mini DVD and make it twice as thick as it needs to be. If you find one anywhere could you please post it here?

Well... I found something similar on Amazon, accept its only purpose is to clean discs. So it might be meaningless, but its something at least.
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1DBSSN57QYV8T9AD6HPZ)

I've only found that image of the Memorex one from a post that was on a blog from 2007.

So, I'm still trying to look for one. I'll bring back any results I can find.

Last edited by epicmartin7,

Andrew V.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I am fairly new here, and I have problem with manually configuring a controller the PDP Afterglow AP.1 for PS3 ( I am aware of the already existing ".ini" config for this controller). I know this post may not be the right place to share my dilemma with, but I just couldn't find any where else to go. Anyway, I would like to start by saying that When I run HIDTest while the controller is plugged in the PID and VID are different from the already made config for this controller thus making all the values different despite the fact that its the exact same controller. This resorted me to manually reconfigure the entire controller which was not that difficult. I managed to configure everything the way I liked, however when restarting HIDTest with the newly made Config both the X and Y on both sticks are stuck on 80, and yes they are in neutral the position. I have tried many thing to get it to get it to zero out, unfortunately nothing worked. Is there anything I can do to fix or combat this? (To be Clear I'm using a Wii U)

HIDTest With My Configuration(The red brackets are the Analog stick Off:

400c65c1eb.jpg

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EntermateStar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's helped people with this since before I joined. I think you need to name the file "ninmem.raw" or "ninmemj.raw" for Japanese saves. As pedro702 said, you have to set the block size in Nintendont to match the size of the single-file save you're using.

It would be better to split up the saves to their own separate files though so if something gets corrupted you won't lose everything in the file.
ive made back ups already, and i know about naming them ninmem.raw and ninmemj.raw, ive already done this, i was merely saying what he was saying was a wrong solution to what i said i already solved lol

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94 Is it impossible to have saves on SD and games on USB or is it just unimplemented? The only thing I could think of preventing it would be memory issues with two FAT tables.

As to that adapter, I don't think I'd put that in a slot-loading drive. I think those are designed for tray loaders and it seems like the tabs could easily get hung up on the drive mechanism.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94 Is it impossible to have saves on SD and games on USB or is it just unimplemented? The only thing I could think of preventing it would be memory issues with two FAT tables.

As to that adapter, I don't think I'd put that in a slot-loading drive. I think those are designed for tray loaders and it seems like the tabs could easily get hung up on the drive mechanism.
I'd agree for the ones that are made for cleaning disks, but supposedly buried somewhere in the internet there is buried a legendary adapter that was designed to allow you to play mini-dvds in Mac slot-load drives

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Preety sure nintendont can only mount a single device at a time or else it wouldnt work since the processor cant mount an sd and an usb at the same time and use them consecutively.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd agree for the ones that are made for cleaning disks, but supposedly buried somewhere in the internet there is buried a legendary adapter that was designed to allow you to play mini-dvds in Mac slot-load drives
I think the drive was only patented by Apple I believe and not actually sold. Although that's all I've came out with from my research, still trying to find more info! Hopefully...

CactusCake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.

So I set this up today and tested it out with some good old Sonic Adventure 2 - Battle (legally taken off a disk I bought of course). I was going through City Escape when my camera absolutely freaked out. I came to realize that tilting the nunchuck left/right seems to be the L/R buttons (I'm using my Luigi Wiimote and nunchuck). I can't figure out which file in the control config folder is the wiimote-chuck one because I want to change the L/R buttons. Anyone know?

Reactions: sonictopfan

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a question.

So I set this up today and tested it out with some good old Sonic Adventure 2 - Battle (legally taken off a disk I bought of course). I was going through City Escape when my camera absolutely freaked out. I came to realize that tilting the nunchuck left/right seems to be the L/R buttons (I'm using my Luigi Wiimote and nunchuck). I can't figure out which file in the control config folder is the wiimote-chuck one because I want to change the L/R buttons. Anyone know?
if you plan on using nintendont i advice getting a real controller, a gc controller(wiis/wiius without gc ports need gc adapter), a wiiu pro or a CC.

nunchuck and wiimote were basicaly made for simple games or fps the current configs are hardcoded and to do a custom config you would need to recompile nintendont.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?