Gaming Nintendo Wii Releases for October 2010

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pretty sweet month, nothing I really really want, but some titles I kind of want.
Can't wait till PES 2011 gets here though, glad to hear you feel the same way as me on the Fifa - PES thing on Wii.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
rafao said:
Ghost Recon is a Call of Duty 3rd person game, it's looking good.
Wii version is on rails, its nothing like the other versions.

Ugh, that doesn't really sound good in that case. If it was your standard third person shooter game it'd be good, otherwise not so much. Rogue Trooper is cool though, that's probably the best TPS game on the Wii (probably the only one as well outside of Resident Evil 4, if you count that as a standard TPS).

I'll be looking for Kirby's Epic Yarn, if I had a Rock Band set I'd be psyched for Rock Band 3 as well. I'm digging the soundtrack for it (mainly because of that new wave 80's music that I grew up with since my dad is a big fan of that type of stuff).

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I'll be getting Kirby's Epic Yarn for sure. I'll probably check out Star Wars, NBA Jam, and Rock Band if they receive great reviews.

SoulSnatcher said:
I'll get Wii Party for the bundled Wii Remote.
Wait what? Since when did Wii Party come with a Wii Remote? The Japanese edition obviously didn't... =/

RE4zombie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely getting Kirby, and I'm definitely getting Smackdown vs Raw since the last one revitalized wrestling videogames. Maybe Force Unleashed 2 if it isn't as waggle intensive as the first titile.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Been waiting for two years for the TFU2.. Its almost out on my birthday too
smile.gif

blackacidevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
How the fuck do you make a game about Rudolph?! I thought that game about ice cream was stupid, but seriously....Rudolph?! wacko.gif

Same way they make 4 fishing games for the wii, 7 bowling games, Arcade Shooter

or
Ninjabread Man: This one now takes the top spot for the simple reason that it was the one most cited as being omitted last time. So, in the name of research I actually went and rented it - someone owes me $5.00! I normally relish in things that are so bad that they’re good - you know, a hip to be square kind of bad. This game pathetically could not even give me that - had I sensed that the developers tried and failed I might have derived a little enjoyment from it - but this was clearly a hollow exercise from day one. No dialogue, no challenge, no fun - c’mon, couldn’t you have ’spiced’ him up a bit?! Ninjabread Man is indeed bad, but not in any way that might make you want to play it. It’s just bad.

Anubis II: Did I miss the first incarnation of this? More importantly, if so - who thought it would be a good idea to make a second one? This may well be the suckiest suck that ever suckily sucked - and that is saying something! I for one do not want my mummy.

Chicken Shoot: Well, this is hardly surprising. Hey, I’m a Duck Hunt fan myself - and this good sir is no duck hunt. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say this might be popular among the ’short schoolbus’ set. If you shelled out the cash for this rotten egg - well, the yolks on you.

Haneru no Tobira Wii: Girigirissu: Well, you can put this stinker squarely in the WTF file. When I think of all the awesome games that never made in to North America from the ‘Land of the Rising Sun’. Well, it used to make me sad. That is, until we got the opposite problem - now games that never should been made period are being sent over to our shores and this is ‘exhibit A’. This ‘collection’ is a measly three mini-games based on a strange Japanese TV show - actually, did I need to say strange? I mean - I had already said Japanese. Regardless, the game play is terrible, repetitive and mind-boggling -Â so unless you have a fetish for bugs with people faces then stay clear. Just check out the screenshot below which shows the amazing ‘blow-out-candle’ minigame in action! . Remember, this is shown on Japanese television with real live actors. Got a mental image? Super - now try to eat something …. I dare you.

ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: I put this in CAPS only because the makers of this POS did the same - I assume because it makes it more ‘X-TREME’. Those who thought the movie sucked will quickly realize it was oscar-worthy compared with this nausea-inspiring ‘game’. Look up shovelware in the dictionary and the same picture that appears below will be shown. The music sucks, the gameplay non-existent (read: random Wiimote shaking) and the whole game is just a bad joke - the punchline being that there’s no ending. You see, after finishing the game startled gamers will find themselves right back inexplicably at the main menu. Remorseful buyers will quickly be yelling “AAALLLLLVVIIIN!”

JUMPER: See above. Keywords: crap, shovelware, buyer’s remorse. Then subtract Alvin and add what’s-his-face. The umm, Jumper guy — okay, so I never saw the movie or played the game, but I heard things. These things were not good - no, in fact — bad. Very bad things. This is already at your local Blockbuster bin for $4.99 - count on it. Next!

Balls of Fury: I keep looking at my previous article and trying to figure how this game never made the cut. Did I really forget or is this manure that fresh? This had a chance to be the only video game in history that was actually better than the movie and they blew it! In fact, were it not for the appearance of Christopher Walken this could easily be dubbed the worst game of all time - and I’m including ET for the Atari 2600 here people. The controls don’t work, the replays are terrible and well, honestly I cannot go on - I’m getting too mad. Stay away with a fury - this one sucks balls!

Pool Party: Umm, yeah - this one is almost as good as the Wii Play (which also stinks) mini-game version. I’m sorry, you want how much? I’m going to take a pass. This my friends is NO party. Dear Southpeak games, The only way to make the cover models nerdier would be with glasses and pocket-protectors. What’s that? You weren’t trying to make them nerdy? Who - my bad. Hmm, maybe just a plain white label with “VIDEO GAME’ is generic black writing next time might be an idea. Maybe add the cocky looking guy in the background back on actually - I like the cut of his jib.

Rapala Tournament Fishing: A truly regrettable game - I mean fishing and Wii seems like a natural fit. Clearly, a rush to get this game out can be the the only excuse for this game’s shoddy controls and terrible graphics. Look for this one in the bargain bin next to Jumper - maybe buy one get one free or something. Of course, two of crap is still crap. Anyways, see it there? Great –Â now quietly but quickly back away. In a word, Crapala.

Acme Arsenal: You have to know that the Looney Tunes guys likely meant that a lot of parents shelled out cash for this one. (Do kids nowadays even know Bugs?) One would have hoped that this would have been a good game — one would have been sorely disappointed.

GT Pro Series: Rarely does a screen shot say it all - but in this case you can in fact judge a book by that cover. Universally despised for its poor graphics and subpar gameplay, this one makes any critics shortlist. If you’re a fan of racing games - you’d be better served playing Pole Position on your 2600. In fact, with the possible exception of Excite truck - stay the hell away from all racing games for the Wii. There are pretty bad, this one just happens to be the worst-of-the-bad. Congratulations I guess?

Far Cry Vengeance: If any of my selections are going to generate any controversy and feedback, I suppose by default this is going to have to be it. Sadly, there was initially some excitement generated by pre-release hype about this game. However, this hype was quickly and violently quashed when gamers actually got their hands on this crapfest. I’ll admit that this game amazingly does appear to have a handful of fans, but it is worth noting that Far Cry Vengeance can boast of having one of the worst scores of any Wii game to date (well Anubis II is close). That fact alone says it all.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kirby? Hell yeah!
DJ Hero 2, Rock Band 3? Hell yeah (not for Wii though hehe)
FIFA 11? FLOCK YEAH (not for Wii though) I hear it's the other way round on Wii, but on other consoles (and this is coming from a HUGE PES fan from the very first game) FIFA has it licked now all the way! Despised FIFA games all the way up to 09, but 10 is epic, and judging by the demos 11 is better still!

Probably pick up Wii Party too - an extra wiimote will do me nicely, AvB game has got me ears pricked - have to download that one first for sure though....

Lots of games this month, but only the odd 1 or 2 worth getting though imo!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
gamefreak94 said:
Where is Black Ops? I thought it was coming out for the Wii on October 24? So is it going to be early November then?

GameFAQs is saying 11/09/10 for all regions, so that's 9th of November 2010, right? Gonna have to wait until that time then, hopefully they make good use of the time they are getting!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!