Homebrew [Release] TinyVNC (VNC viewer for Nintendo 3DS)

Derockjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to use the software and I was wondering how to get the the audio stream port & path works.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Derockjr,

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yooo
I had ubuntu on switch casting to 3ds via vnc earlier
now it hangs connecting to 10.0.0.234:2

this exact setup was working earlier then broke itself
redoing all of ubuntu of switch didn't fix it so that was a massive waste

any ideas what went wrong, it does this kinda often on tinyvnc on 3ds, it just hangs even if it worked earlier

edit: i got it to connect again, but now cursor and grey screen is all i get

edit2: working, dunno what i did, soon dolphin will be running on new 3ds hosted on a modded l4t ubuntu nintendo switch

edit3: rebooted switch, now it doesn't work again, just hangs at connecting to 10.0.0.234
this thing is so fucking finnicky

Last edited by HaloBenish,

Badda

me too
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
yooo
I had ubuntu on switch casting to 3ds via vnc earlier
now it hangs connecting to 10.0.0.234:2

this exact setup was working earlier then broke itself
redoing all of ubuntu of switch didn't fix it so that was a massive waste

any ideas what went wrong, it does this kinda often on tinyvnc on 3ds, it just hangs even if it worked earlier

edit: i got it to connect again, but now cursor and grey screen is all i get

edit2: working, dunno what i did, soon dolphin will be running on new 3ds hosted on a modded l4t ubuntu nintendo switch
It's really hard to fix an issue that only occurrs sometimes - and could have multiple causes. Might be the server, the network, a possible firewall etc etc. When this issue occurrs, can you connect to your switch VNC server using a PC?

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's really hard to fix an issue that only occurrs sometimes - and could have multiple causes. Might be the server, the network, a possible firewall etc etc. When this issue occurrs, can you connect to your switch VNC server using a PC?
it seems to be 3ds side, it hangs no matter what ip or port is entered but will ramdomly work (error from ip/port/usrpwd or connects if correct) some times i go to use it...

Kykyman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, quick question here. So I wasn't able to change the keyboard mappings with the keymap file, because it doesn't seem to have a file extension. So i'm not too sure what to do. Could someone please help?

Badda

me too
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
Hey, quick question here. So I wasn't able to change the keyboard mappings with the keymap file, because it doesn't seem to have a file extension. So i'm not too sure what to do. Could someone please help?
Yes, the default keymap file /3ds/TinyVNC/keymap does not have an extension, you need to open a text editor and then open the file via Menu File->Open. Also, please make sure the text editor support UNIX-style line endings (LF only). On windows, Notepad++ is a great choice for that (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/)

Badda

me too
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
it seems to be 3ds side, it hangs no matter what ip or port is entered but will ramdomly work (error from ip/port/usrpwd or connects if correct) some times i go to use it...
I need a way to reproduce the issue - otherwise I will not be able to fix it. Can you give some details on how to reproduce the issue?

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need a way to reproduce the issue - otherwise I will not be able to fix it. Can you give some details on how to reproduce the issue?
For me it happens everytime, steps to reproduce:
Try to connect to any IP with any port username and password.

It hangs

Animask1

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Hello. Tiny Vnc is works on Old 3ds ,but (not suprisingly) very slow, i mean there is like 1 frame per 30 seconds or even a minute. Maybe its because old 3ds has old hardware, or my wifi is weak? Any help will be really appriciated :)

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hm, it works for me. Can you try if you can connect with a VNC client on your PC?
Works on PC and used to work on 3ds sometimes but it's been days now that it does the stall on 3ds

Removing everything from 3ds and setting up again doesn't fix either

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Works on PC and used to work on 3ds sometimes but it's been days now that it does the stall on 3ds

Removing everything from 3ds and setting up again doesn't fix either
Is there a cache I can clear?

ShadowGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I attempt to use this software the screen has no refresh rate. Like, it picks the first frame and never updates. Any solutions?

Badda

me too
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
New version 2.0 is available. Changes towards v1.0 are:
  • support of 2nd VNC connection on bottom screen
  • added vJoy-UDP-feeder clients: one for buttons and joysticks, another for motion controls
  • added Cemuhook server: sends motion controls, buttons and joysticks to clients (Cemu, Yuzu etc.)
  • added server (if supported) or client side scaling. Now, screens >1024px size are scaled automatically.
  • TinyVNC can now be run without VNC-connection (e.g. only cemuhook server or only mp3 stream client), so it can be used as "just" a web radio player or "just" a controller for PC-Games, Cemu/Yuzu/etc.
  • added quick command menu to control connection settings
  • added "shift"-key to enable button combinations
  • lots of minor optimizations and bugfixes
https://github.com/badda71/TinyVNC/releases

Have fun! :yay3ds:

Last edited by Badda,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New version 1.1 is available. Changes towards v1.0 are:
  • support of 2nd VNC connection on bottom screen
  • added vJoy-UDP-feeder clients: one for buttons and joysticks, another for motion controls
  • added Cemuhook server: sends motion controls, buttons and joysticks to clients (Cemu, Yuzu etc.)
  • added server (if supported) or client side scaling. Now, screens >1024px size are scaled automatically.
  • TinyVNC can now be run without VNC-connection (e.g. only cemuhook server or only mp3 stream client), so it can be used as "just" a web radio player or "just" a controller for PC-Games, Cemu/Yuzu/etc.
  • added quick command menu to control connection settings
  • added "shift"-key to enable button combinations
  • lots of minor optimizations and bugfixes
https://github.com/badda71/TinyVNC/releases

Have fun! :yay3ds:
Nice! Thanks for this huge update!

I see you can use it with cemu, does citra have any support for this too?

PercyRS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I was thinking to myself the other day that streaming cemu to a 3ds would be a really nice way to play wii u games, thanks for this great update. good stuff

Reactions: Zense

Badda

me too
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
Nice! Thanks for this huge update!

I see you can use it with cemu, does citra have any support for this too?
Jup, it does. Go to Emulation -> Configure -> Controls and click on "Motion / Touch..." (bottom left). There, you can set CemuhookUDP as Motion/Touch provider and check "Use Button Mapping".

Reactions: Zense

water_BTD6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i connect my 3ds to my laptop
Post automatically merged:

how do i connect my 3ds to my cardboard laptop
Post automatically merged:

nvm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...