This is a port of Chui's UAE4ALL Amiga 500 emulator (http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/uae4all.html) to Nintendo 3DS.
Many Amiga games are well playable - a compatibility list (incomplete) can be found using the link above. The emulator runs pretty well on both O3DS and N3DS, however the extra speed on N3DS makes it even more enjoyable.
Download here: https://github.com/badda71/uae3DS/releases
- Create directory /3ds/uae3DS on your 3DS SD-card
- Put your kick.rom file in directory /3ds/uae3DS on your 3DS SD-card. It must be called kick.rom, be a kickstart 1.3 image, and be the 512KB overdumped version. The kickstart ROM is copyrighted material so don't ask me where to get it from. You might get lucky by asking big G for "uae kickstart rom" ...
- Copy any Amiga disk images that you might have (.adf, .adz) to a directory of your choice on your SD card
- Install CIA with FBI, run 3dsx from homebrew launcher (put 3dsx file in /3ds/uae3DS dir) or run 3ds from flash card.
- Apart from this, a DSP-dump is required for sound to work correctly in the CIA version.
- SELECT: open menu
- START: Toggle SuperThrottle
- Bottom Screen: Virtual Keyboard / Touchpad (tap-to-click, double-tap-to-double-click, tap-and-drag)
- A button: joystick fire
- B button: joystick UP
- R button: joystick autofire
- X button / ZL-button / tap touchpad: left mouse button
- Y button / L button: right mouse button
- DPad: joystick
- CPad: joystick or mouse (configurable in menu)
- CStick up/down: adjust vertical image position
- CStick left/right: adjust zoom
- CPad / DPad: Navigate cursor
- A button: select current entry
- B button: cancel / back
- X button: delete save state in "Load state"-menu
- other button functions given in parentheses in menu
- enhancement: Save state handling revamp: screenshots, config saved in save states, ...
- enhancement: SHIFT, Amiga & ALT keys now differentiate left and right press
- enhancement: option to move mouse with C-Pad, configurable in main menu
- enhancement: added list of 10 last used disk images in "Load disk image"-menu
- optimization: settings are autosaved on exit
- optimization: removed sound settings from main menu
- bugfix: fixed sound speed
- lots of other small optimizations and bugfixes
- fixed emu running too fast on N3DS
- reverted emulation to 320px width - 400px caused screen not rendring below line 229. 400px width is still on the wishlist but needs more research and thorough testing.
- fixed a bug in key mappings
- full mouse pad functionality on bottom screen (tap-to-click, double-tap-to-double-click, tap-and-drag)
- support for key mappings, configurable in menu
- mouse sensitivity configurable in menu
- zoom / adjust vpos with C-stick
- emulation/menu uses full topscreen width
- autofire on R-button
- status bar moved to bottom screen
- online autoupdater
- soft keyboard and mouse pad on bottom screen
- CIA build w/ banner image, banner sound and logo
- Initial version
- full 400px width emulation
- nice to have (and hard to implement): attach an SD-card directory as Amiga hard drive
Any other bugs can be reported here or on https://github.com/badda71/uae3DS/issues
Last edited by Badda,