Nintendo Direct announced for tomorrow, June 18th, 2024

1718633287632.png

Nintendo have officially announced a Nintendo Direct for tomorrow, June 18th.

The show will focus on Switch titles releasing this year and they have explicitly confirmed there will be no mention of the Switch successor in this conference.

đź“… June 18
đź•“ 7:00 AM PT
⏳ Roughly 40 minutes

Pacific Time, PT * PDT (UTC -7) 07:00
Central Time, CT * CDT (UTC -5) 09:00
Eastern Time, ET * EDT (UTC -4) 10:00
Central European Summer Time, CET CET (UTC +2) 16:00
London, United Kingdom *(UTC +1) 15:00

:arrow: Source

Last edited by shaunj66,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This will be the last major Direct for Switch. The last batch of games for an old console are always the best.
Kinda doubting it this time around since they'll need a strong launch line-up to convince people that buying Switch 2 early is worth it. Especially if they're trying to sell the first model with an LCD screen again.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally DBZ sparking meteor!
DBZ SZ on the Switch? Don't you remember how Jump Force's port turned out...

The game was unfinished, incomplete, a mess, but it was a Tenkaichi-style game with DBZ characters so I have a soft spot for it and play it on my hacked PS4 with all characters unlocked.

That said, if they had downgraded the graphics JF would be a lot more playable on the Switch and same goes for SZ. Spike (the developer) seems to have borrowed the cel shaded graphics from Burst Limit and I love it (though I hate the Season Pass bullshit).

Oliver-Hoschi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So nintendo said last month they will make a direct in june for the switch successor.. And now comes a direct in june and they say that the successor will not be mentioned. Nice one nintendo! I highly doubt they will bring us another direct this month.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So nintendo said last month they will make a direct in june for the switch successor.. And now comes a direct in june and they say that the successor will not be mentioned. Nice one nintendo! I highly doubt they will bring us another direct this month.
They specifically said the Direct in June wouldn’t have the successor in. They just reiterated it here.

Edit:
Here’s the Tweet for what it’s worth:

IMG_0775.jpeg

Reactions: BigOnYa

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New advance wars?🤞
Post automatically merged:

Finally! The Ultimate Return of Silksong, Metroid Prime 4, Mario and Luigi Collection, Starfy, Tomato Adventure, Mischeif Makers, Donkey Kong Country, and most importantly, Mother 3 international release!
Starfy???!!! Good good yes. Remake or brand new?

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Really hoping for Bravely Second follow-up, Twilight Princess HD, The Wind Waker HD, ĹŚkamiDen, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Luigi's Mansion 2.

There's probably also gonna be Pokémon news, since that shit's almost always an annual release (at the cost of quality).

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
To celebrate, maybe ninty will release another firmware update :P

On a serious note though, my gut feeling says that metroid prime 4's launch is gonna be announced there or at least an update for it. It's high time for a follow-up on it and metroid anniversary was recently as well.

What I'm secretly hoping for is a dlc for unicorn overlord, but I know that has a snowball's chance in hell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PMCaXL2sGpc?si=jAKEK_yJL318jk17 lol