ROM Hack Mugen no Frontier: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

reizoryuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you need to chain combos and switch chars after the last combo, so you can fill up the special meter to lay down the hurt, also use the seishin abilities
wink.gif

chain combos = press a at the right time, like right after aschen does her up kick, or RIGHT after haken stabs with the rifle, etc...
switch chars = press right to switch to the next char in line, so you can continue combo'ing the enemy
special = press y after the yellow gauge fills up.

also keep combo'ing ( but dont switch chars) even after an enemy has been defeated, this will still add to you special gauge.

enjoy the game
wink.gif

Katorskay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
Katorskay said:
Forgive a noob Dx

But I have the rom, and i know how to patch it, but do i need to patch it using each patch on the front page? or just the latest one?

because I patched the rom untrimmed with the latest patch but i still couldn't get past the what I believe to be error message in jap.

(using an R4 with the latest kernel)
You just need the latest patch.
If you still have problems download an older version.

I've tried each patch not none of them worked for my R4. Dx

Still can't get by the error box in jap.

has anyone here with an R4 gotten it to work on your DS?

EDIT: oh shit guys sorry people xD, turns out i didnt have the latest kernel, game is up and working ^^

Alkaiserred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well best of luck with working on this Donryu!

I'm waiting to play the game when the final patch is out. Which hopefully will have everything translated. I'm guessing It's going to be a little slower now that Noi is gone.. All is good though. I think ya'll have done a fantastic job so far. Keep up the great work!

seko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if im being a noob but I have a few questions.

Ive made the latest patched version (the one Donryu had posted on this page) of the game to play and played it on the latest No$gba.

Why is it that whenever I finish a battle, I get a error message and it closes down?

Why does the rom crash? I played into the frst battle. My enemy makes a move and once its done, the rom crashes.

Help if you can.

Whorl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
seko said:
Sorry if im being a noob but I have a few questions.

Ive made the latest patched version (the one Donryu had posted on this page) of the game to play and played it on the latest No$gba.

Why is it that whenever I finish a battle, I get a error message and it closes down?

Why does the rom crash? I played into the frst battle. My enemy makes a move and once its done, the rom crashes.

Help if you can.

Most likely because it is an emulator you are using, so I can't handle much.

Towel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donryu said:
Noitora messaged me earlier saying he's busy with the Bleach game translation, so I guess that means I've taken over here.

Anyway, here's a new patch for you guys.

There's some random fixes and the first part of the script is redone with a bit more added.
I also found where the menu was, so Aschen and Kos-mos's names are fixed. Also in there was the level up messages, so I put the important words in there so you know what you got when you level up.

Another thing, I'll be inserting the script over the next week, so I'd like to see it edited so it at least makes sense. It would be really great if someone would look over the lines I labeled with "not sure/might be wrong/???" because I don't know what most of them mean. Also keep in mind that the limit on a line is 38 characters and most text boxes allow up to 3 lines. It doesn't have to be perfect, I will sometimes rewrite the line before I insert it if I think it looks bad.

Hey Donryu. Since you've taken over the project, I'll direct this to you. Would you mind putting the rest of the script on the excel spreadsheet? I don't know a lick of Japanese, but I got a lot free time, A LOT of free time. I figure I'll run each sentence through a translator, try to make sense of it, and then just BS my way through the script. It'll probably only vaguely get the point across, but it'll due until someone decides to translate this thing for real. And at the very least it'll be funny and most importantly, FAST. I've never made a patch so you would have to handle that.

Think of this as a tide-me-over until someone competent comes along. The engrish will probably make for a very funny playthrough, at least!

Donryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Towel said:
Hey Donryu. Since you've taken over the project, I'll direct this to you. Would you mind putting the rest of the script on the excel spreadsheet? I don't know a lick of Japanese, but I got a lot free time, A LOT of free time. I figure I'll run each sentence through a translator, try to make sense of it, and then just BS my way through the script. It'll probably only vaguely get the point across, but it'll due until someone decides to translate this thing for real. And at the very least it'll be funny and most importantly, FAST. I've never made a patch so you would have to handle that.

Think of this as a tide-me-over until someone competent comes along. The engrish will probably make for a very funny playthrough, at least!
I said this back when I first started helping out here and I'll say it again, I don't like using machine translations.
I've studied a little japanese, so I'll be translating until we get someone who actually is fluent in the language. Although, things will probably be a bit slow because I'm doing all the other jobs as well.

Are you the one putting text on the spreadsheet right now? I admit, it is a bit funny, but you're way off on a lot of lines(you had Suzuka say "Radical!" WTF!?). What I suggest you do is go through what I already have translated and edit it to make it more natural.

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YOu really got to get a scribblewiki like Darth, it seems to have worked for him in the most part by posting as much there as possible.

Towel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donryu said:
Towel said:

I said this back when I first started helping out here and I'll say it again, I don't like using machine translations.
I've studied a little japanese, so I'll be translating until we get someone who actually is fluent in the language. Although, things will probably be a bit slow because I'm doing all the other jobs as well.

Are you the one putting text on the spreadsheet right now? I admit, it is a bit funny, but you're way off on a lot of lines(you had Suzuka say "Radical!" WTF!?). What I suggest you do is go through what I already have translated and edit it to make it more natural.

I like to spice things up, it off sets the boredom, that's why I added the radical. If you don't want me translating I'll stop. I just figured I'd do something shitty and quick until you fella's did a proper release. I really wasn't doing this for the community, it was more like something just for myself. I'd rather read engrish than Japanese. I figured some other people would too, so why not contribute to the greater whole.

Donryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkSpace said:
YOu really got to get a scribblewiki like Darth, it seems to have worked for him in the most part by posting as much there as possible.
I've never made a wiki site before and I'm a bit busy to set one up, but that does sound like a good idea.

QUOTE(Towel @ Jul 23 2008, 04:49 PM) I like to spice things up, it off sets the boredom, that's why I added the radical. If you don't want me translating I'll stop. I just figured I'd do something shitty and quick until you fella's did a proper release. I really wasn't doing this for the community, it was more like something just for myself. I'd rather read engrish than Japanese. I figured some other people would too, so why not contribute to the greater whole.
No offense, I appreciate the effort, but I'd like things to be done correctly here.

Towel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donryu said:
DarkSpace said:
I've never made a wiki site before and I'm a bit busy to set one up, but that does sound like a good idea.

QUOTE(Towel @ Jul 23 2008, 04:49 PM) I like to spice things up, it off sets the boredom, that's why I added the radical. If you don't want me translating I'll stop. I just figured I'd do something shitty and quick until you fella's did a proper release. I really wasn't doing this for the community, it was more like something just for myself. I'd rather read engrish than Japanese. I figured some other people would too, so why not contribute to the greater whole.
No offense, I appreciate the effort, but I'd like things to be done correctly here.

Where did you get the Japanese script? Did you rip it from the game or is it somewhere on the internet?

Towel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went back and read some of your fixes. lol google translator.

Oh, and uh, if there's anything I can do to help you out, just ask.

Donryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made a scribblewiki as suggested, hopefully things will be more organized on it.
But right now it will probably take a while to set up. I'm still trying to figure out how the formating works, like how to make a table.

Edit: Okay, now I get it. It's basic HTML. Man, I haven't used that in 3 years, I'm gonna have to brush up on it.

Edit: This is too much work for me alone. Anyone want to volunteer to be in charge of the wiki? I'll upload the scripts, you just have to make it look nice and make it easy for any editors to edit. And maybe make the pages for everything else that might be needed.

And if someone could copy the translated script from the spreadsheet to the wiki, that would be great too. Even better if you can match them to their proper lines.
Edit: On second thought, I've decided the wiki will be used for final drafts. We'll keep using the spreadsheet for rough drafts. Don't copy it to the wiki unless you've edited it and made it match the formating.

Nguman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ask these guys to help with the translation, hell, look at what they did please do so.
Code:
http://www.srwg-w.org/index.php?showtopic=602

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I have seen so far, it looks good.

Found a spelling mistake in the starting story that needs correction, [togeter is spelt wrong] is it not also possible to put the other character names on the status the same way the main characters name as been added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries