Status
Not open for further replies.

Donryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I ask for some help? As you can see on the wiki, I've been dumping the script. If someone could format and copy it the spreadsheet, that would save me a lot of time. All you need to do is:
-Find the next part of the story, on the spreadsheet right now we have up to Ryuuguu Island, they're headed for Elfe Tale. As you may have noticed the scripts are split up by area, so look around 030_001.sb
-Copy it to Excel, state which file you got the text from
-use find&replace to change all 's to a line break, and 's to two line breaks(this might be easier to do in a text editor, like word. then move it back to excel)
-Go through the game and insert the name of the character the line is spoken by
-paste it into the spreadsheet

It would help me a lot if someone would do this for me. I'll be dumping the rest of the script as I have time.

thecrash1973 said:
From what I have seen so far, it looks good.

Found a spelling mistake in the starting story that needs correction, [togeter is spelt wrong] is it not also possible to put the other character names on the status the same way the main characters name as been added.
The status screen on the bottom is graphic. I haven't worked on graphics before (Noitora did Haken's name, he's not here now) and I don't really consider that priority.
If someone wants to do it for me, I can upload the file it's in.

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will have a brief look to see what I can do but at the moment, I am in the process of doing Hercules no Eikou translation.

I still have a ways to go before I upload anything currently got all items, skills magic and abilities completed still got some equipment to go.

Looked through it using hex edit and some of the moves and items should be changable without any problems a bit like on Hercules same sort of format, not sure if they are ripped to spreadsheet or not as I havent really looked at them.

Donryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thecrash1973 said:
I will have a brief look to see what I can do but at the moment, I am in the process of doing Hercules no Eikou translation.

I still have a ways to go before I upload anything currently got all items, skills magic and abilities completed still got some equipment to go.

Looked through it using hex edit and some of the moves and items should be changable without any problems a bit like on Hercules same sort of format, not sure if they are ripped to spreadsheet or not as I havent really looked at them.
Moves and items have already been done(for the most part), I'm working on the script right now. Most of it's already been dumped, take a look at the wiki I posted 5 posts ago(or in my signature). Right now, the code has it grouped by area, what I want is for someone to put it in the order that it happens in the story. It's not really a necessary step, but it's a whole lot easier to translate when the dialog isn't jumping all over the place. Hopefully after it's translated, someone will put it back into the coding format and I can just copy and paste it back into the game.

Donryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just added a help section to the wiki for people that want to help.
...Is anyone going to help me, or did I just do a lot of pointless work?

I've also dumped items and enemy names because they still need looking over.

Edit: Thank you Darth, for registering. It felt lonely up till now.
And I looked at what you changed. A wikitable! Why the heck didn't I look these things up before? I checked Wikipedia itself now and got WikEd, the code will look nicer from now on.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donryu said:
I've also dumped items and enemy names because they still need looking over.
I made a few changes to the item list and converted it to use wikitable formatting, which you might find easier to read.

Mr. Skies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Helping out as much as I can. I've given it a once-over and saw a fwe issues with the item list which i've changed, mostly just to match up with game canon.
Actually it was just changing 'Zoru Orichalconium' to 'Zol Orichalconium' since that's how it's spelt in the GBA games and placing a note that the G I Stick really should be G I Stake, as in OG2 one of the secret weapons is the G-I Stake, AKA Gravity Impact Stake. However, I left it as a note since those who know japanese better than me might think differently

seko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My emulator could handle the game before it was patched. Why not when it was patched?

bahamuta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What your game worked before it's patched? You're lying. There's no way it works without the patch.
wtf.gif

ZANZAROTH

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey guys just wanted to say keep up the teriffic work I've been using the patches ever since the first one apeared.

ps. Any hope for a new patch with a lot more script translated before the end of the week? Going on a vacation and need stuff to do desperately.

Donryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ZANZAROTH said:
hey guys just wanted to say keep up the teriffic work I've been using the patches ever since the first one apeared.

ps. Any hope for a new patch with a lot more script translated before the end of the week? Going on a vacation and need stuff to do desperately.
Probably not. Things have been going really slowly recently. Setting up the wiki has kinda taken up my time. Id also rather work on finishing a general translation on the spreadsheet before inserting it into the game.

If I do release a new patch, it will most likely be for general fixes and maybe one or two new translated scenes.

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I could have a look at it with dslazy and NJstar, but at the moment I am working on Hercules no Eikou.

Its been a bit easier since I found these 2 programs and work as speeded up somewhat.

Donryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you look on the spreadsheet, you can see I have recently translated a chunk of dialog, but I haven't inserted anything into the game in the past week.

I plan to translate up to the end of Esmeralda Fortress first before doing massive text insertion. I'm hoping to get that done by the end of next week, but no guarantees.

There are still some parts I can't figure out (and it seems all the editors left), so I hope you guys are okay with some lines being left untranslated or not making sense.

Donryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shiroitaka said:
I have no knowledge of japanese but is there anything i can do to help out?
You can be an editor. Just look through the spreadsheet and fix anything that looks bad or doesn't make any sense. If a scene looks good, you can add it to the wiki. See the help page to see how I'd like the formating.

This goes for anyone. If you want to help, just help, you don't have to ask permission.

Donryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got up to the part where Reiji and Xiaomu are introduced. Can someone that's played the Namco x Capcom translation tell me what they called these names?

?? - Homa (lit. meeting devils)
?? - Youbutsu (lit. bewitching thing) (I had been calling them creatures up till now because I thought they were generic monsters, but now I know they're from NxC)

Edit: nvm, I found out the organization's name is Ouma and decided to call youbutsu 'monsters'

shiroitaka said:
Where has been edited upto so I know where to check from?
I've already inserted dialog up to when they're at the world map(after leaving the Zeit Krokodil). So start at when they arrive at Traidel Stradt.

Speaking of that part, can someone give me the source for Dirty John's name? I thought the katakana read "Daddy John", but someone wrote ahead of me that it was dirty. I just want to confirm that in case it turns out it was wrong and then I have to redo all the parts with him.

sunstar26

Trophies
XP
Country
Donryu said:
Noitora messaged me earlier saying he's busy with the Bleach game translation, so I guess that means I've taken over here.

Anyway, here's a new patch for you guys.

There's some random fixes and the first part of the script is redone with a bit more added.
I also found where the menu was, so Aschen and Kos-mos's names are fixed. Also in there was the level up messages, so I put the important words in there so you know what you got when you level up.

Another thing, I'll be inserting the script over the next week, so I'd like to see it edited so it at least makes sense. It would be really great if someone would look over the lines I labeled with "not sure/might be wrong/???" because I don't know what most of them mean. Also keep in mind that the limit on a line is 38 characters and most text boxes allow up to 3 lines. It doesn't have to be perfect, I will sometimes rewrite the line before I insert it if I think it looks bad.

can't download the file from mediafire, can you mirror it on megaupload or quickshare.. thanks i have played the game till the underwater dungeon but still i cant understand the story due to japanese language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1