Status
Not open for further replies.

ZetraEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be an awesome patch for those who don't want to play the english versions and only want the japanese version xD

mattmagician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
good223 said:
definelty lookin forward to ur patch more then others XD!

I am too. He's not flaunting it as much as Kazo, and not nearly as much as Raqib.

Not to put Magnius down, as I too am excited for this patch, but I feel that Kazo and Raqib can flaunt there's a bit more, if not simply for the fact they've shown us progress, and are sharing it as they go. Maybe Magnius simply wants to do it all at once, but I prefer knowing where people are in the progress.

Just my thoughts, keep up the good work Magnius.

Oh Really?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZetraEX said:
This would be an awesome patch for those who don't want to play the english versions and only want the japanese version xD

...That has got to be the stupidest thing I have read in a while

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Really? said:
ZetraEX said:

...That has got to be the stupidest thing I have read in a while

I'm........going to....have to agree on that.

lugiaowns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
Well, I know there's already an HGSS translation going on out there, but I decided to make my own. I've only been working on this for a couple days, but I've got most of the dialogue from both New Bark Town and Cherrygrove City already translated. Adding on to that, that's what will make this HGSS translation different from all the other ones out there, the dialogue, including the new text, will be translated. Most recently though, I've been focusing on translating the menus and stuff, which has been going well. For the dialogue, IF the dialogue was the same in HGSS as it was in the original GSC, I will translate it the same way it was translated in GSC with a few updates(For instance, PROF. is now Professor and important items are no longer all caps). The new dialogue will be translated as well. Here are a couple screenies showing off what's been done...

hgss5.jpg

hgss3-3.jpg

hgss3-2.jpg

hgss3-10.jpg

This is an example of a translated line which wasn't in the original.

hgss4-1.jpg

HGSS4-2.jpg

hgss4-3.jpg

hgss4-4.jpg

hgss4-5.jpg

hgss4-7.jpg

Progress Videos:

The dialogue in Elm's Lab:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK4ai0KqtJQ

Some dialogue from Route 29 NPC's and Cherrygrove:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVposKhONGI

Just a question, will you also translate the several menu's eg: mystery gift and Wi-Fi?

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lugiaowns said:
WataruKun said:
Well, I know there's already an HGSS translation going on out there, but I decided to make my own. I've only been working on this for a couple days, but I've got most of the dialogue from both New Bark Town and Cherrygrove City already translated. Adding on to that, that's what will make this HGSS translation different from all the other ones out there, the dialogue, including the new text, will be translated. Most recently though, I've been focusing on translating the menus and stuff, which has been going well. For the dialogue, IF the dialogue was the same in HGSS as it was in the original GSC, I will translate it the same way it was translated in GSC with a few updates(For instance, PROF. is now Professor and important items are no longer all caps). The new dialogue will be translated as well. Here are a couple screenies showing off what's been done...

hgss5.jpg

hgss3-3.jpg

hgss3-2.jpg

hgss3-10.jpg

hgss4-1.jpg

HGSS4-2.jpg

hgss4-3.jpg

hgss4-4.jpg

hgss4-5.jpg

hgss4-7.jpg

Progress Videos:

Just a question, will you also translate the several menu's eg: mystery gift and Wi-Fi?
Eventually but for the first patch don't expect it. The first patch will mainly focus on text translation. That stuff will be fixed in later patches.

choatix451

Trophies
XP
Country
How long left till you think he's finished translating the basic story? I hope he takes time out and translate phone calls too.
smile.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
Eventually but for the first patch don't expect it. The first patch will mainly focus on text translation. That stuff will be fixed in later patches.
Yeah, but people here easily get their hopes up and expect the first release to have everything. Then when they find out it doesn't, they're gonna complain and complain...

Good luck
smile.gif

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope there will be release soon. Iv slowed down my gameplay aNd i am mainly training at the moment so i can get more benefit when your patch is released.

BTW: anyone else got a mystery gift on pokemon soul siver??? i have CLICK HERE

lugiaowns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
lugiaowns said:
WataruKun said:

hgss5.jpg

hgss3-3.jpg

hgss3-2.jpg

hgss3-10.jpg

hgss4-1.jpg

HGSS4-2.jpg

hgss4-3.jpg

hgss4-4.jpg

hgss4-5.jpg

hgss4-7.jpg

Progress Videos:

K, Great 2 know your actually putting in the effort to translate ALL the text (or if not all most of it), because most of the other patchers are just translating the location names, pokemon, item, battle types, moves etc.
It is looking really amazing at the moment and my congratulations go out to you for putting in the hard work.
Can't wait for first patch release,
Good luck with the rest of the translation.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R2DJ said:
WataruKun said:
Yeah, but people here easily get their hopes up and expect the first release to have everything. Then when they find out it doesn't, they're gonna complain and complain...

Good luck
smile.gif
Oh well dude. I don't want those idiots playing my patch anyway. There's TONS of freaking dialogue and the majority of it up till Ecruteak will be translated. Don't think of it as a final or near finished release, but a beta patch.

And about you idiots complaining it's not released yet, OF COURSE NOT. Do you know how much freaking dialogue there is in the game? I mean I COULD release it now, but you'd only be able to see up to maybe Route 30 translated. And then you people would complain about how only so much is translated. So wait.

Remember, this is a translation, not a cut and paste like Kazo's. Therefore it's going to take more time(Especially when there is extra dialogue not in the original).

jablay01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
WataruKun said:
R2DJ said:
WataruKun said:

Good luck
smile.gif
Oh well dude. I don't want those idiots playing my patch anyway. There's TONS of freaking dialogue and the majority of it up till Ecruteak will be translated. Don't think of it as a final or near finished release, but a beta patch.

And about you idiots complaining it's not released yet, OF COURSE NOT. Do you know how much freaking dialogue there is in the game? I mean I COULD release it now, but you'd only be able to see up to maybe Route 30 translated. And then you people would complain about how only so much is translated. So wait.

Remember, this is a translation, not a cut and paste like Kazo's. Therefore it's going to take more time(Especially when there is extra dialogue not in the original).

So when is the estimated release of your translation?

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jablay01 said:
WataruKun said:
R2DJ said:
WataruKun said:

Good luck
smile.gif

So when is the estimated release of your translation?
At the rate it's moving... could be out in a couple days. I've translated most of the LONG story text at the beggining(Which is annoying because of the severe amount of added dialogue) and I've also translated all the text from the first Rival Encounter. After I finish translating the LONG conversation you have with Elm after Silver steals the Pokeball, it should be smooth sailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.