mikekearn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
potatomouseproductions.com
XP
Country
United States
While I'm currently using Raqib's patch, I'm eagerly awaiting yours. I'm sort of the opposite of most people I see on these boards - I can intuitively figure out what most things do, and recognize what something does either by context or by trying it and remembering those symbols cause X to happen. It's the story that's frustrating me. There's really not much you can gain from context when all you see is a sprite and a wall of text. I really wish I spoke/read Japanese whenever they get a new game first, but using your brain as an intermediate is the next best thing.

In short: thank you for doing this, I can't wait to see what you come up with!
biggrin.gif

jackopeng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
jablay01 said:
WataruKun said:
R2DJ said:
WataruKun said:
Eventually but for the first patch don't expect it. The first patch will mainly focus on text translation. That stuff will be fixed in later patches.
Yeah, but people here easily get their hopes up and expect the first release to have everything. Then when they find out it doesn't, they're gonna complain and complain...

Good luck
smile.gif
Oh well dude. I don't want those idiots playing my patch anyway. There's TONS of freaking dialogue and the majority of it up till Ecruteak will be translated. Don't think of it as a final or near finished release, but a beta patch.

And about you idiots complaining it's not released yet, OF COURSE NOT. Do you know how much freaking dialogue there is in the game? I mean I COULD release it now, but you'd only be able to see up to maybe Route 30 translated. And then you people would complain about how only so much is translated. So wait.

Remember, this is a translation, not a cut and paste like Kazo's. Therefore it's going to take more time(Especially when there is extra dialogue not in the original).

So when is the estimated release of your translation?
At the rate it's moving... could be out in a couple days. I've translated most of the LONG story text at the beggining(Which is annoying because of the severe amount of added dialogue) and I've also translated all the text from the first Rival Encounter. After I finish translating the LONG conversation you have with Elm after Silver steals the Pokeball, it should be smooth sailing.
Sounds awesome cant wait
biggrin.gif

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also, don't assume that just because I'm not posting updates, I'm not making progress. Let's just say I've translated most of the stuff up to Violet now and am also translating trainer names.

danbr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wataru-kun, Do you have any previsions?
biggrin.gif

Anyway thanks man, your translation is already the best one.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, all I can say is that this translation is really something else! Good luck man!
smile.gif

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE can you people spoiler the pictures on page 16!? x_x

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
i just read you last post watarukun seems like you have reached quite far, also it seems that you have found a suitable anti-freeze patch which is making your translation progress further.. I'm damn excited now, keep it up..

Octos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Also, don't assume that just because I'm not posting updates, I'm not making progress. Let's just say I've translated most of the stuff up to Violet now and am also translating trainer names.

Which is fantastic. I really wish I had your patch though because you have actually done more menu translation than the patch Im using O.o

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'll probably upload some progress pictures once I insert the text into the rom. And I've translated A LOT more text than before.

BTW, Phone calls will be translated.
rolleyes.gif

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
Yeah, I'll probably upload some progress pictures once I insert the text into the rom. And I've translated A LOT more text than before.

BTW, Phone calls will be translated.
rolleyes.gif

... *faints with excitement*

gr3ger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So you haven't actually tried to apply your changes yet?
I hope you don't run into the same problem as I did
tongue.gif
spent 2 hours translating in vain only to find out that thenewpoketext generated errors because of the length of the XML file.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gr3ger said:
So you haven't actually tried to apply your changes yet?
I hope you don't run into the same problem as I did
tongue.gif
spent 2 hours translating in vain only to find out that thenewpoketext generated errors because of the length of the XML file.
The thing is, is that my translated script is actually a smaller file size than the original.
rolleyes.gif

midniteoctopus

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see you fixed your patch problem! I'm really excited about this, but I have to be patient anyways because I'm waiting for my R4 in the mail and I'm saving up money to get a new Nintendo DS since my mom's BF stole mine and sold it!
dry.gif
Douchebag. Anyways, good luck, you have our full support!

ds22

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Magnius/WataruKun, everytime i try to patch the script back into msg.narc I get this error.

CODEthe NEW Poketext
(C) 2008/2009 loadingNOW
Romname:Cannot create temp Folder tmp_silver2 (this is no problem if it exsists
and contains a complete rom)
>Traceback (most recent call last):
ÂÂFile "", line 123, in
ÂÂFile "", line 59, in Rewrite
ÂÂFile "thenewpoketext\buildthenewpoketext\out1.pyz/pokexml", line 28, in __init
__
ÂÂFile "thenewpoketext\buildthenewpoketext\out1.pyz/xml.dom.minidom", line 1913,
in parse
ÂÂFile "thenewpoketext\buildthenewpoketext\out1.pyz/xml.dom.expatbuilder", line
924, in parse
ÂÂFile "thenewpoketext\buildthenewpoketext\out1.pyz/xml.dom.expatbuilder", line
207, in parseFile
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 4, column 0
Druk op een toets om door te gaan. . .
You know what I did wrong?
It happens with every script I try to use, even ones from the clean version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirGDuzLvkQ +1