ROM Hack Magnius's Pokemon Soul Silver Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
@chickenmatt5 magnius is planning on translating the entire game.. however he still hasn't completed translating the entirer game yet so he'll be realeasing it in patches..

gr3ger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ds22 said:
Magnius/WataruKun, everytime i try to patch the script back into msg.narc I get this error.

CODEthe NEW Poketext
(C) 2008/2009 loadingNOW
Romname:Cannot create temp Folder tmp_silver2 (this is no problem if it exsists
and contains a complete rom)
>Traceback (most recent call last):
ÂÂFile "", line 123, in
ÂÂFile "", line 59, in Rewrite
ÂÂFile "thenewpoketext\buildthenewpoketext\out1.pyz/pokexml", line 28, in __init
__
ÂÂFile "thenewpoketext\buildthenewpoketext\out1.pyz/xml.dom.minidom", line 1913,
in parse
ÂÂFile "thenewpoketext\buildthenewpoketext\out1.pyz/xml.dom.expatbuilder", line
924, in parse
ÂÂFile "thenewpoketext\buildthenewpoketext\out1.pyz/xml.dom.expatbuilder", line
207, in parseFile
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 4, column 0
Druk op een toets om door te gaan. . .
You know what I did wrong?
It happens with every script I try to use, even ones from the clean version.

That's the error I was talking about earlier, when you use getall you will get the entire scripts, and that will mess up everything when you put it back into the msg.narc file. I suspect that the length of the file is too large for the xml parser.
If you use get instead you will get a much smaller XML file (only containing the ID you chose), and then it will work like a charm to put back into the msg.narc file. This is the workaround I found to be successful, if anyone else has anything better then post it, I'd like to know aswell.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Couple problems there already. If you're hacking HGSS text, the text is NOT in msg.narc. It's actually a/0/2/7. To patch the file with Poketext you have to rename it to msg.narc and then rename the patched file back to 7. It also helps to delete any instances of "&". I got parsing errors before I deleted those.

ds22

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Removing all "&" worked. Partially.
Thanks Mangius.
yaynds.gif

gr3ger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
Couple problems there already. If you're hacking HGSS text, the text is NOT in msg.narc. It's actually a/0/2/7. To patch the file with Poketext you have to rename it to msg.narc and then rename the patched file back to 7. It also helps to delete any instances of "&". I got parsing errors before I deleted those.

the msg.narc doesn't exist in HGSS, forgot to mention that you had to move it before making the script.
tongue.gif
thank you for pointing that out.
And thanks a lot for the "&" part, that is probably what messed up my parser when I used "getall"

flame6753

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.flame-ex.com
XP
Country
United States
How far into the game is violet? I never played the original gold or silver (I've beaten every main pokemon game except GS or crystal, weird right?), so this patch will be my first representation of the story.

D

Deleted User

flame6753 said:
How far into the game is violet? I never played the original gold or silver (I've beaten every main pokemon game except GS or crystal, weird right?), so this patch will be my first representation of the story.

If this is the first time you would be seeing the g/s story, I would recommend you waited til the official game came out lol.

Can't wait til its finished Magnius
smile.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Epuls56 said:
flame6753 said:

If this is the first time you would be seeing the g/s story, I would recommend you waited til the official game came out lol.

smile.gif
An even better suggestion would be: play the original. Wait, play Crystal as HG/SS has some bits from Crystal. It wouldn't hurt to go retro...

Violet City is the second city you go to, but the first to have a gym in it...

dkloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
R2DJ said:
Epuls56 said:
flame6753 said:

smile.gif
An even better suggestion would be: play the original. Wait, play Crystal as HG/SS has some bits from Crystal. It wouldn't hurt to go retro...

Violet City is the second city you go to, but the first to have a gym in it...
If you count NewBark and CherryGrove, Violet is the third city to go.

Keep doing this nice and beautiful work.
I can't wait to get this translation *-*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good idea