A lot of lag when playing PSP games on Adrenaline

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a slowness issue when playing PSP games on Adrenaline in the PS Vita and the PS TV. I use a microSD card in the PS Vita and a USB flash drive in the PS TV and after using differentes ones in both of them I still have this issue. Also, I formatted all of them in the PC and installed no plugins and I still have this issue.

EDIT: I set "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" to "333/166" and PSP games still slow down, although less. May PS Vita and PSP games slow down if said settings are set to "Default" and won't these new settings wear the PSP's and PS Vita's batteries faster, although decrease loading times?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

ciarli-b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a lot of lag when playing PSP games on Adrenaline. Is there a way to fix it?

EDIT: I changed the CPU CLOCK XMB and CPU CLOCK GAME settings from Default to 333/166 and although PSP games are still slow, they're less. Can I have this lag on the PS Vita and PSP if the mentioned settings are set to Default and won't these new settings wear the battery faster and possibly make cutscenes with faster audio?
Somebody had better result starting the game with a bubble and not entering before in adrenaline

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can use Adrenaline Bubble Manager

So, what it does is convert PSP games to bubbles just like they were homebrew? I don't know how can that fix this issue but I already have many bubbles on LiveArea, so if I convert all PSP games (which are many) to bubbles I'll have even more and I don't want it. What if PSP games slow down as well?

Will I lose all current Adrenaline settings and game saves if playing PSP games converted to bubbles?

May GB/GBC/GBA ROMs slow down, and if so, can they be converted to bubbles too?

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, what it does is put PSP games in bubbles just like they were homebrew apps or PS Vita games? I don't know how can that fix this issue but I already have many bubbles on LiveArea so if I convert all PSP games (which are many) to bubbles I'll have even more and I don't want any more non-homebrew apps or non-PS Vita games bubbles. What if I have this lag on the PSP too?

If playing PSP games via bubble will I lose all Adrenaline settings?

May GB/GBC/GBA roms have lag and if so they should (if possible) be converted to bubbles too?
You won't lose any saves or files. Play GB and GBA using retroarch GPSP

Reactions: such

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have lag when playing PSP games from bubbled?
framerate lag? definitely in some games and areas. You have to remember the vita isn't emulating these games it's using actual psp hardware so if a game lags on psp it will lag on this. overclocking the internal psp helps, tell me what the game is.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
framerate lag? definitely in some games and areas. You have to remember the vita isn't emulating these games it's using actual psp hardware so if a game lags on psp it will lag on this. overclocking the internal psp helps, tell me what the game is.

But does it slow down less than if played from Adrenaline? All the european PSP ISOs I tried so far slow down: Daxter, Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai, Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 2 and Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team.

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But do you have less lag then jf playing from Adrenaline? I have it with all the games I tried so far. Daxter, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai 2 and Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi Tag Team.
Doesn't feel like a bubble decreases lag, more that it reduces input delay which can make games feel laggy. All of these games are 30fps, the only one I played here was Tenkaichi Tag Team. Ran just like it does on real hardware.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Doesn't feel like a bubble decreases lag, more that it reduces input delay which can make games feel laggy. All of these games are 30fps, the only one I played here was Tenkaichi Tag Team. Ran just like it does on real hardware.

How can reducing input lag make games feel laggy?

But I don't recall having slowness in all these PSP games (while playing them from Adrenaline). Anyway, even if I did, having to set "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" to "333/166" doesn't make sense since it wears the battery faster (although it decreases loading times). Does it mean unhacked PSPs/PS Vitas/PS TVs will always slow down more than hacked ones because for some reason all games (I guess) are set to "Default" on "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME"?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I just tested one of the games with slowness on the PSP and PS Vita and the ISO on PS Vita's Adrenaline is as slow as the ISO on PS TV's but less slower than the UMD on the PSP.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never experienced lag in Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai 2 and Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi Tag Team, first of all, disable all useless plugin, secondly, try to check you microsd speed, maybe it com from that.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I never experienced lag in Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai 2 and Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi Tag Team, first of all, disable all useless plugin, secondly, try to check you microsd speed, maybe it com from that.

I have in all the games I've tried. How can I check? Anyway, I don't use a microSD card on the PS TV, but a USB 2.0 flash drive, and in the PS Vita I use S2DVita and I also have this problem.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
could you tell us the exact model of your micro sd and you flash drive ?

If you bought them on untrusted place, it could be fake ..

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
could you tell us the exact model of your micro sd and you flash drive ?

If you bought them on untrusted place, it could be fake ..

Maybe this problem is related to StorageMgr. I can't use YAMT on the PS TV because I have an issue. I hope my PS Vita games don't have problems (I only tested PSP games). I removed some plugins the "R + YAMT" taiHEN configuration installed that supposedly overclocked the PS Vita so do you think it might have to do with that?

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ Windows_10_User :
PSP games works all good on PSTV, currently I play Need for Speed Undercover with adrenalin. That game need a lot of power. No bubble needed and no CPU overclock and all the other settings to. What ever you do, its wrong.

I am not use a SD2vita with yamt, make only problems.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@ Windows_10_User :
PSP games works all good on PSTV, currently I play Need for Speed Undercover with adrenalin. That game need a lot of power. No bubble needed and no CPU overclock and all the other settings to. What ever you do, its wrong.

I am not use a SD2vita with yamt, make only problems.

Do you use StorageMgr? If I don't set "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" to "333/166" it painfully slows down so I don't know how does that game work for you without changing the "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" settings since according to you it needs a lot of power. I don't know what might be causing this issue but I'm tired of formatting the SD2VITA and USB flash drive, reinstall HENkaku, reinstall all apps and copy all games again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...