PS TV always asks to connect the controller to press the PS button after being turned on

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Try redoing henkaku install to get MolecularShell. Is yamt still present in storage?

What's MolecularShell?

"Use YAMT" appears on "Settings", "Devices", "Storage Devices".

EDIT: It seems molecularShell is a VitaShell fork and as a security measure it only has access to ux0 and only a few subfolders at that. Meanwhile, Vitashell has full access to all partitions and all folders.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't really know where the OS is kept. Don't know what ur0 was used for before Henkaku - maybe it was a partition someone created in the OS storage.

You have some research ahead of you for these answers. I'd be interested to know when you find out.

Again the imc0 is only for user storage on PSTV and Slim, so it doesn't have the OS.

I set USB as the default storage and now all homebrew is gone from LiveArea! Not even h-encore², VitaDeploy and VitaShell appear so how can I refresh LiveArea?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You'll have to ask @Anderxale . I don't know.

I fixed the problem. I ran Settings, clicked "Devices", clicked "Storage Devices", unchecked "Use YAMT", ran VitaShell, mounted uma0:, mounted ux0:, refreshed LiveArea, exited VitaShell, ran Settings, clicked "Devices", clicked "Storage Devices", checked "Use YAMT" and now homebrew returned to LiveArea!

Reactions: godreborn

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I uninstalled the battery plugin, restarted the PS TV, it rebuilt the PS TV's database and now all homebrew is gone from LiveArea. Why did it do that and is there a way to disable database rebuilding?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
U always want database rebuild

Why, if it makes homebrew gone from LiveArea and every time it happens I have to follow the previous steps again, I mean, run Settings, click "Devices", click "Storage Devices", uncheck "Use YAMT", run VitaShell, mount uma0:, mount USB ux0:, refresh LiveArea, exit VitaShell, run Settings, click "Storage Devices" and check "Use YAMT"? I don't know if this may happen om the PS Vita with SD2VITA.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I can't recall if the pstv displays the battery percentage normally, but it's pointless to use that plugin on the pstv.

No, it doesn't (only after hacking it). I agree, that's why I uninstalled it, but the PS TV's database was rebuilt. Will this happen every time I uninstall a plugin, and if so, why?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I restarted the PS TV and it rebuilt the PS TV's database again, making all homebrew gone from LiveArea again. I didn't uninstall a plugin this time. It's really annoying having to do said steps again and again. Would this problem happen with SD2VITA (and on the PS Vita with it)? I don't recall this happening with StorageMgr.

EDIT: Now, after restarting the PS TV, sometimes its database isn't rebuilt, so all homebrew remains on LiveArea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo