PS TV always asks to connect the controller to press the PS button after being turned on

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I uninstalled YAMT and reinstalled StorageMgr's plugin and it's working fine (after restarting the PS TV, its database isn't rebuilt), so does that mean I should chose the "HEN only" or "Recommended" taiHEN configurations instead of the "R+YAMT" one, and if so, which one should I choose? Which plugins does the "Recommended" taiHEN configuration install?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even get notified when I get an @ me. I'm sorry. I've been finishing a video and if I ignore a reply or two it turns off replied from GBATemp.

Let me read through what you have done. But it seems you have removed YAMT.

I'll see where you are.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you uninstalled YAMT and reinstalled StorageMGR and it works? Great! I'm sure we could have resolved it in YAMT if I wasn't absent. My apologies.

Your issue the entire time was holding the power button until you enter recovery. Since that also can happens after boot loop due to mounting usb wrong on PSTV it caused me to offer YAMT to use USB.

I stand behind YAMT for USB - even if it didn't work out this time.

So your Storage Manager is working now? I read that you transferred for 2 days... I thought maybe your USB drive is damaged.

Last edited by Anderxale,

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed the YAMT plugins and it's working fine so does that mean I should have chosen the HEN only or Recommended taiHEN configurations instead of the R+YAMT, and if so, which one should I have chosen? Which plugins does the Recommended taiHEN configuration install?
Recommended (the R in R+YAMT) installs
113f21b280effd8237097397f23cbf20.jpg

VitaBright is deactivated.
Since you are on PSTV, you also want to disable shellbat as you don't have a battery.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed the YAMT plugins and it's working fine so does that mean I should have chosen the HEN only or Recommended taiHEN configurations instead of the R+YAMT, and if so, which one should I have chosen? Which plugins does the Recommended taiHEN configuration install?
If you want to remove YAMT, you can run the YAMT installer and choose uninstall. Or it's fine left installed and deactivated by unchecking "Use YAMT"

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't even get notified when I get an @ me. I'm sorry. I've been finishing a video and if I ignore a reply or two it turns off replied from GBATemp.

Let me read through what you have done. But it seems you have removed YAMT.

I'll see where you are.

Don't worry, you've already helped me a lot.

I didn't notice any speed difference between YAMT and StorageMgr.

I don't get why MrMario2011 talks about StorageMgr instead of YAMT if the latter is supposedly better and more recent and why doesn't he say to set StorageMgr via AutoPlugin II instead of editing StorageMgr's storage_config.txt since it's easier.

So you uninstalled YAMT and reinstalled StorageMGR and it works? Great! I'm sure we could have resolved it in YAMT if I wasn't absent. My apologies.

Your issue the entire time was holding the power button until you enter recovery. Since that also can happens after boot loop due to mounting usb wrong on PSTV it caused me to offer YAMT to use USB.

I stand behind YAMT for USB - even if it didn't work out this time.

So your Storage Manager is working now? I read that you transferred for 2 days... I thought maybe your USB drive is damaged.

But that (holding the power button until it entered Safe Mode) was the previous issue, not the latest one. I guess YAMT wasn't mounting the USB flash drive because I took it to connect the DualShock 4's USB cable since I was accessing Safe Mode by turning on the PS TV wrong and connecting the DualShock 4 via USB cable and pressing its PS button so I had to mount the USB flash drive on VitaShell after connecting it on the PS TV next to disconnecting the DualShock 4's USB cable.

Regarding the latest problem, what should I have done?

I think I should get another SD2VITA, this time for the PS TV. That way I wouldn't have these problems (I guess) and I'd even spare the USB port to charge the controller.

Yes, it is. Well, maybe it's because I have + 200 GBs to copy and it's a USB 2.0 device but last time it took a couple of hours or so.

Recommended (the R in R+YAMT) installs
113f21b280effd8237097397f23cbf20.jpg

VitaBright is deactivated.
Since you are on PSTV, you also want to disable shellbat as you don't have a battery.

I uninstalled the PSVshell, NoPowerLimits, VitaBright, ShellBat and pngshot plugins but I think I could have kept some of the overclocking ones or install other ones since I'm on the PS TV, which doesn't have a battery unlike the PS Vita (these plugins might wear the PS Vita's battery faster even if loading times might decrease). Also, is it possible to install the plugins which are installed by the taiHEN configuration via AutoPlugin II?

If you want to remove YAMT, you can run the YAMT installer and choose uninstall. Or it's fine left installed and deactivated by unchecking "Use YAMT"

But I did choose "uninstall" but for some reason its plugins aren't removed, just like when uninstalling plugins from AutoPlugin II, so I manually removed them (and the plugins that I uninstalled via AutoPlugin II).

shellbat is not really worth installing on the pstv, since the battery percentage will always be at max. ;)

That's why I asked how to remove it and said why I did it. I don't get why it's installed in the first place since I'm on the PS TV and not on the PS Vita but like @Shadow#1 said (and unlike what you said), the battery percentage isn't always at max, but at 90%. Maybe the hacking process doesn't know it's being ran on a PS Vita or PS TV.

90% all the time

Yes, just like I told.

EDIT: After all, it didn't take over 2 days to copy all PS Vita and PSP games to the USB flash drive but some hours. File Explorer initially said it would take over 2 days but after some time it said it would take some hours and it did. Maybe it also said it would take over 2 days the other time but since I didn't stay looking I don't know.

Reactions: Anderxale

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, you've already helped me a lot. Yesterday I had a strange problem. The apps were opening very slow/freezing and they crashed with an error. I couldn't turn off the PS TV so I took its power cable. After restarting it, it was fine. Also, while pressing the PS button on Adrenaline while playing a PSP game, I was told I took out the Memory Stick, but that may be normal.

I'm having an issue while playing a PSP game on Adrenaline with my DualShock 4. The character moves forward slightly to the left when I lean the left analog forward to the center. I don't know if my DualShock 4 is screwed up or if it's just this game.

I didn't notice any speed difference between YAMT and StorageMgr. I should have set StorageMgr via AutoPlugins II like I did recently with success instead of doing what Mr. Mario 2011 told in his video to use zzBlank.img and Win32 Disk Imager although the site that you said was outdated also talked about doing this. Speaking of it, I followed a totorial on this website (it or another tutorial on the same website was updated this month IIRC) but I haven't had issues. Anyway, maybe it was my fault by following a youtube video but what could I do since I was a noob, had just got a PS Vita and a PS TV and I successfully followed Mr. Mario 2011's PS3 hacking video with no problem?

Also, I don't understand why Mr. Mario 2011 doesn't talk about YAMT instead of StorageMgr if it's supposedly better and more recent and why doesn't he told us to set StorageMgr via AutoPlugins II since I just formatted PS Vita's microSD card and PS TV's USB Flash Drive on the PC, set StorageMgr via AutoPlugins II and they're working fine. I had an issue when formatting the microSD card via VitaDeploy on the PS Vita (all homebrew apps and games were gone so I had to start the hacking process again) so I decided to format it on the PC as well as PS TV's USB flash drive and hopefully the hacking process went right.

I didn't know that I could have this problem if mounting USB wrong. So, does that mean I can still have this issue? I think YAMT wasn't mounting the USB flash drive because I took it to connect the DualShock 4 because I was entering the Recovery menu by mistake and it asked me to do this so I had to mount the USB flash drive on VitaShell after connecting it on the PS TV after taking out the DualShock 4. I think I should have got another SD2Vita. That way I wouldn't have these problems (I guess) and I'd even spare the USB port to charge the controller.

But after all, at least in my case, StorageMgr is better than YAMT.

Yes, it is. Well, maybe it's because I have +200 GBs to copy and it's a USB 2.0 device but last time it took a couple of hours or so.

What about the plugins installed by the HEN taiHEN configuration?

So, it installs the plugins I uninstalled after choosing the R+YAMT configuration, anyway... I removed the PSVshell, NoPowerLimits, VitaBright, ShellBat and pngshot but I think since I'm on the PS TV I could have keep some of the overclocking ones or install another ines, right? If so, which ones? Also, is it possible to install the plugins which are installed by the taiHEN configurations via AutoPlugins II?

I chose "uninstall" but for some reason its plugins are disabled, not removed, just like what AutoPlugins II does, so I removed them (and AutoPlugins II's) manually.

That's why I asked how to remove it and why I did it. I don't understand why it always shows 90% or why it is installed in the first place. It looks like the hacking process doesn't know it's being installed on a PS Vita or PS TV.

Yes, just like I told.
that, I don't know. I don't really know of any plugin that can differentiate. there are some differences between the vita and the pstv, like you shouldn't use dolcepolce on the vita, and you shouldn't use mac spoofer on the pstv.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's not normal, no. I'd try a different extension cable or use an hdd powered by the ps5. That's what I do.

But it doesn't make this noise when connected to the PC, only to the PS4/PS5.

The PSP's power supply also makes noise but not as loud as in this case when charging the PSP. Is it normal?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, you've already helped me a lot. Yesterday I had a strange...

StorageMgr works great! As long as it works for you!

The great thing about 3.60 and 3.65 software is it will still work for years to come as we stay on 3.60 and 3.65. StorageMgr will always work that well or better possibly forever.

Henkaku installs it's own plugin and references it many times in the newly installed tai folder.

Enso adds the Henkaku tai plugins to the booting order by injecting early in the boot sequence. Learn more here: https://yifan.lu/2017/07/31/henkaku-enso-bootloader-hack-for-vita/

YAMT inserts drive mounting earlier in the boot order with Enso - that's why it's faster. It also makes setting mounted drives possible without anything currently mounted to ux0. YAMT also formats like a Vita does - with TexFat and doesn't need formatting using a computer.

I've had a lot of success with StorageMgr on USB PSTV. It's a well written plugin!
I've had a lot of success with YAMT USB on PSTV.

I've also had boot loops that result in Safe Mode like you said you were experiencing. You mentioned using USB on PSTV and this can happen with multiple mounting plugins. This is why we went down the road of new mounting software.

It's too bad we had so much wasted time, but at least your PSTV is working!

Cheers! :)

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
StorageMgr works great! As long as it works for you!

The great thing about 3.60 and 3.65 software is it will still work for years to come as we stay on 3.60 and 3.65. StorageMgr will always work that well or better possibly forever.

Henkaku installs it's own plugin and references it many times in the newly installed tai folder.

Enso adds the Henkaku tai plugins to the booting order by injecting early in the boot sequence. Learn more here: https://yifan.lu/2017/07/31/henkaku-enso-bootloader-hack-for-vita/

YAMT inserts drive mounting earlier in the boot order with Enso - that's why it's faster. It also makes setting mounted drives possible without anything currently mounted to ux0. YAMT also formats like a Vita does - with TexFat and doesn't need formatting using a computer.

I've had a lot of success with StorageMgr on USB PSTV. It's a well written plugin!
I've had a lot of success with YAMT USB on PSTV.

I've also had boot loops that result in Safe Mode like you said you were experiencing. You mentioned using USB on PSTV and this can happen with multiple mounting plugins. This is why we went down the road of new mounting software.

It's too bad we had so much wasted time, but at least your PSTV is working!

Cheers! :)

If the "HEN only" taiHEN configuration only installs HENkaku's plugin, I should've chosen it instead of the "R + YAMT" one since I use AutoPlugin II to uninstall some of the plugins the latter installs because I don't want them.

Like I said, I didn't notice any speed difference between StorageMgr and YAMT. The latter is supposedly faster in which cases? What's TexFAT? I formatted both microSD card and USB flash drive on Windows as exFAT and I didn't have any problem.

But were you turning on the PS Vita/PS TV wrong like me? I'm asking this because I only had boot loops that resulted in Safe Mode because I was making this mistake. OK, but I find it odd that I didn't have the latest problem in StorageMgr. Do you think I can have problems on the PS TV with StorageMgr as well?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing plugins is not the same as installing drivers or software on a PC. Disabling plugins is fine.

AutoPluginII for instance installs all the plugins in it's list in it's ux0 app folder. It then copy's them over to config.txt when you install them. When you un-install using AutoPluginII, it just comments the plugin (deactivates it). It's one of the reasons people don't use AutoPluginII - all the space it uses.

Also (side note) if you configure using AutoPluginII and choose the wrong combination of plugins, you can software-brick your vita. (The main reason people advise against AutoPluginII).

There is an app other than AutoPluginII that sets up StorageMgr... but it's best just to set up the storage config yourself.

It's best to download the plugins yourself, put them in the ur0:tai folder and add them to the config.

I use AutoPluginII. It's convenient even if it takes up all the room and I don't softbrick my Vitas.

I also recommend using AutoPluginII as it can install much needed plugins without Internet.

YAMT speed -
This link is about migrating from StorageMgr to YAMT. The link takes to to a spot in a very large page. If you look right above where the link takes you - above "How to migrate from Storage..." you will find StorageMgr vs YAMT speed comparisons. It's only a couple seconds difference in loading time.
https://retrogamecorps-com.cdn.ampp...s_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#Migrate

Last edited by Anderxale,

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, I'm afraid since you told the safe mode boot loop can also happen due to mounting USB wrong on PSTV so it caused you to offer YAMT to use USB. Do you think I can still have this problem on the PS TV or the one which rebuilds the database making the homebrew and games to go away?

It's a problem with setup usually. SoftwareMgr works really well - I really love the plugin. Since you aren't experiencing a bootloop issue - I wouldn't worry about it.

Another issue comes from incompatible drives or when a storage breaks (USB or MicroSDs break). Since you are keeping AutoPluginII on your PSTVs internal storage will help with mounting a new drive when your storage fails.

While using StorageMgr, don't install USBMC, GameSD, and don't activate YAMT and you should be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/40XQ8L9wsCA?si=GzpPBaHQQLU0plt_ Neat