PS TV always asks to connect the controller to press the PS button after being turned on

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Installing plugins is not the same as installing drivers or software on a PC. Disabling plugins is fine.

AutoPluginII for instance installs all the plugins in it's list in it's ux0 app folder. It then copy's them over to config.txt when you install them. When you un-install using AutoPluginII, it just comments the plugin (deactivates it). It's one of the reasons people don't use AutoPluginII - all the space it uses.

Also (side note) if you configure using AutoPluginII and choose the wrong combination of plugins, you can software-brick your vita. (The main reason people advise against AutoPluginII).

There is an app other than AutoPluginII that sets up StorageMgr... but it's best just to set up the storage config yourself.

It's best to download the plugins yourself, put them in the ur0:tai folder and add them to the config.

I use AutoPluginII. It's convenient even if it takes up all the room and I don't softbrick my Vitas.

I also recommend using AutoPluginII as it can install much needed plugins without Internet.

YAMT speed -
This link is about migrating from StorageMgr to YAMT. The link takes to to a spot in a very large page. If you look right above where the link takes you - above "How to migrate from Storage..." you will find StorageMgr vs YAMT speed comparisons. It's only a couple seconds difference in loading time.
https://retrogamecorps-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/retrogamecorps.com/2021/04/27/ps-vita-guide/amp/?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#Migrate

Yes, when uninstalling plugins via AutoPlugin II, it just disables them, not removes them. It installs plugins on the ur0 tai partition, not on the ux0 one.

What wrong combination of plugins is that?

What app is that?

First you said it's best to download the plugins, put them in the ur0 tai folder and add them to the configuration and then you said you recommended to use AutoPlugin II.

I use AutoPlugin II to set up the storage configuration and I haven't had problems. I also use it to install plugins and I never soft bricked my PS Vita and PS TV.

But AutoPlugin II needs internet access to install plugins.

Sorry, but I can't find the speed comparison between StorageMgr and YAMT.

It's a problem with setup usually. SoftwareMgr works really well - I really love the plugin. Since you aren't experiencing a bootloop issue - I wouldn't worry about it.

Another issue comes from incompatible drives or when a storage breaks (USB or MicroSDs break). Since you are keeping AutoPluginII on your PSTVs internal storage will help with mounting a new drive when your storage fails.

While using StorageMgr, don't install USBMC, GameSD, and don't activate YAMT and you should be fine.

What incompatible drives are those? So, I shouldn't have the PS TV database rebuilding "issue" too (which makes homebrew and games gone from LiveArea) with YAMT as well? What's GameSD?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I didn't see a speed comparison between StorageMgr and YAMT.

So, I shouldn't have the redresh database "issue" too (which makes the homebrew and games go away from LiveArea)? What's GameSD?

I'll just put the images here then (YAMT Speed).

7f59a10fb9aac1757ee58bb369c6d281.jpg

bb73753ef79f3799a2053e30861e60f8.jpg

e4d93289f7fb481fcc7ca1790edefe92.jpg

6b120988ad753a2e056c7f6ab12ea628.jpg

c22e6762a6be0aec7dfe94cdcac02d80.jpg

GameSD is a plugin you don't want to install - it conflicts with StorageMgr as it does something similar.

Many things can trigger a database rebuild - a very large game library can trigger it sometimes (but many people have success with 500gb builds). You may want to try out ways to save your bubble configuration.

For instance, if you need to pair the controller over USB, and you start the PSTV without the USB inserted it will trigger a database rebuild.

A database rebuild shouldn't hide your homebrew. Your ux0 maybe was disconnected when you booted (due to the unsuccessful YAMT installation). A database rebuild DOES annoyingly rearrange your bubbles in and out of folders.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GameSD is a plugin you don't want to install - it conflicts with StorageMgr as it does something similar.

Many things can trigger a database rebuild - a very large game library can trigger it sometimes (but many people have success with 500gb builds). You may want to try out ways to save your bubble configuration.

For instance, if you need to pair the controller over USB, and you start the PSTV without the USB inserted it will trigger a database rebuild.

A database rebuild shouldn't hide your homebrew. Your ux0 maybe was disconnected when you booted (due to the unsuccessful YAMT installation). A database rebuild DOES annoyingly rearrange your bubbles in and out of folders.

backup the app.db in ur0/shell/db and never have to worry about that happening again. back it up after install or rearrangement of your bubbles. the location is called page and position. page is the screen going down one page to the next, and bubbles occupy their own pages while position goes from 0-9 to equal each position it could be on any given page (pageID and pos are them).

1651267065761.png

Reactions: Anderxale

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
backup the app.db in ur0/shell/db and never have to worry about that happening again. back it up after install or rearrangement of your bubbles. the location is called page and position. page is the screen going down one page to the next, and bubbles occupy their own pages while position goes from 0-9 to equal each position it could be on any given page (pageID and pos are them).

Thanks! I'll try some large builds today with this info.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've manually changed positions of games through the app.db. it worked no problem. don't put two in the same location though. it won't harm the system, just one of them won't appear.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, it's in the appicon table when you browse on sq lite browser (the app to open up databases on the psv and ps4, probably ps5 too). don't put a vita app.db on the pstv or vice versa. I tried that once, and it forced a database rebuild.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

e4d93289f7fb481fcc7ca1790edefe92.jpg

6b120988ad753a2e056c7f6ab12ea628.jpg

c22e6762a6be0aec7dfe94cdcac02d80.jpg

So, there's only a big difference on the booting time?

But I don't have a very large game library (my library is actually small), I wasn't talking about the PS TV database rebuildings per se but those which made homebrew gone from LiveArea and I had the latter with the USB flash drive inserted. But in my case it does. How could ux0 be disconnected since I just restarted the PS TV, like I said? The YAMT installation wasn't unsuccessful since it just has this database rebuilding problem, precisely. I know it rearranges the bubbles in LiveArea. It does the same with apps and games on the XMB in the PS3.

View attachment 308052

So, it would always have to be backed up and copied back to the PS Vita's/PS TV's internal storage? That would be annoying.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not copying back unless something happens. Just install your games, then backup the file once unless you install other stuff later.

OK, but I mightn't know if all things were already installed since other things might be installed in the future, thus it would always have to be backed up.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, there's only a big difference on the boot? But I don't think I have a very large game library and IIRC, I had these database rebuilds with the USB flash drive inserted. But in my case it did and what unsuccessful YAMT installation are you talking about?

Yes the difference isn't very great.

Your StorageMgr is working. It's great software. If you aren't experiencing problems now, you aren't about to boot loop out of nowhere.

Your ux0 was probably disconnected when you were trying YAMT. That is probably what caused the Homebrew to not appear.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes the difference isn't very great.

Your StorageMgr is working. It's great software. If you aren't experiencing problems now, you aren't about to boot loop out of nowhere.

Your ux0 was probably disconnected when you were trying YAMT. That is probably what caused the Homebrew to not appear.

I guess I won't have the issues I do.

But how was it disconnected? Also, I wasn't trying YAMT, like I said. I just restarted the PS TV.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose I won't have the connect controller to PS TV and press PS button and the rebuild database issues.
You may still have database rebuilds from time to time. Accident or something or need to connect to the controller.

But in the rebuild shouldn't lose any software if your USB is connecting properly. StorageMgr seems to be connecting properly so far.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You may still have database rebuilds from time to time. Accident or something or need to connect to the controller.

But in the rebuild shouldn't lose any software if your USB is connecting properly. StorageMgr seems to be connecting properly so far.

Again, I wasn't talking about the PS TV database rebuildings per se but about those which made homebrew gone from LiveArea.

And what if I need to connect the controller via USB cable? Will I lose homebrew after rebuilding the PS TV's database?

Again, but how was it disconnected? Like I said, I wasn't trying YAMT.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the point of backing up the app.db. if you have over 100 items and you lose folders. You'd have to arrange the apps into folders, restart, then it would rebuild the database again, keeping your first order, and populating the apps till it hits 100 again.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since it happened before I wouldn't be so sure... And what if I'm told to connect the controller?
If you lose games and apps and stuff, it's because the pstv started with the USB drive disconnected. Just restart and USB will connect (maybe disconnect and reconnect the USB) the database will rebuild again... and nothing will be where you put it but nothing will be lost.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's the point of backing up the app.db. if you have over 100 items and you lose folders. You'd have to arrange the apps into folders, restart, then it would rebuild the database again, keeping your first order, and populating the apps till it hits 100 again.

I only have a few items.

If you lose games and apps and stuff, it's because the pstv started with the USB drive disconnected. Just restart and USB will connect (maybe disconnect and reconnect the USB) the database will rebuild again... and nothing will be where you put it but nothing will be lost.

Again, but how was it disconnected? I don't know if that would fix this problem since I didn't try it but is there no permanent solution? I don't want to restart the PS TV every time I have this problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster