PSTV problem

GUEDES_et_al

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a PSTV, and the console works perfectly. No problem so far.

Recently I noticed that when I put my DS4 to charge on the USB port of the PSTV and put the console on standby, the system freezes after a few hours (when the controller completes the charge).

At that point, the power light starts blinking, and when I come back from standby, the system is stuck, and I can only get out of it using recovery mode (pressing power button, connecting DS4 and restart the system).

This problem happens in any game or LiveArea.

I already tried uninstalling the plugins, one by one to identify a possible problem, and it always happens, with YAMT or with StorageMgr.

My SD2Vita doesn't have any problems (nor does the sd card), it works perfectly, only in this case, it happens.

The error is fully reproducible, as I pointed out.

On a daily basis, playing, I like to put the PSTV on standby and take the opportunity to charge the controller during rest pauses (or overnight).

But this problem happens, and I lose the game progress. In addition, I have to enter in the recovery menu, which is very annoying.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Anyone willing to try to check these steps, to know if it's a "factory" problem?

Thank you so much!

GUEDES_et_al

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why don't you use a wall outlet to charge the PS4 controller?
Unfortunately the electrical grounding in my house is very bad. I am afraid of charging using a wall charger, and damaging the controller.

Also, I don't have any free sockets in my room. My house is very old. So, I combined the useful with the pleasant (the reality).

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had similar issues with mine and couldn't find an adequate solution.
In my case I was using as DS3 controller, but the console would softlock requiring power removal/recovery restart whether the controller was charging or not.
My "solution" was to NEVER put the PSTV into standby mode and only charge the controller when the system was fully 'on' (or charge from a spare usb on my PS4).

GUEDES_et_al

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had similar issues with mine and couldn't find an adequate solution.
In my case I was using as DS3 controller, but the console would softlock requiring power removal/recovery restart whether the controller was charging or not.
My "solution" was to NEVER put the PSTV into standby mode and only charge the controller when the system was fully 'on' (or charge from a spare usb on my PS4).
It seems like a manufactury problem. In my case, only happens when the controller is connected on USB and it fully charges. Standby works properly for me, just this case.

Edit: This problem doesn't happen on OFW. I will try to rehack and see.

Last edited by GUEDES_et_al,

renatotec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use only DS3 on my PSTV and occasionally when they lose pairing I have to connect to pair again. When I do this the controller starts crazly pressing the buttons on its own, very strange behavior... I think the USB port on this little machine is very sensitive. By the way, changing the cable solved to me

Reactions: GUEDES_et_al

GUEDES_et_al

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use only DS3 on my PSTV and occasionally when they lose pairing I have to connect to pair again. When I do this the controller starts crazly pressing the buttons on its own, very strange behavior... I think the USB port on this little machine is very sensitive. By the way, changing the cable solved to me
I see, maybe the usb cable could be the problem. I will try another one. Thank you.
Post automatically merged:

Sadly the problem happens even with another usb cables.

Last edited by GUEDES_et_al,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed