PS TV always asks to connect the controller to press the PS button after being turned on

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you hold the power button for a while, it boots into safe mode (recovery).

I read you must use safe mode to and then update to wipe.

If you go to Settings > System > System Information >
What software version do you see?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you hold the power button for a while, it boots into safe mode (recovery).

I read you must use safe mode to and then update to wipe.

If you go to Settings > System > System Information >
What software version do you see?

3.73. So, you're saying that this problem may, after all, be caused by me since I may not even know how to turn on the PS TV right, I mean, without it asking to connect the controller via USB cable to press the PS button? Perhaps. How can I turn it on right, then?

Just restore in recovery menu. It won't wipe enso, but it should reset the boot config and config.txt.

That's what I did.

Yes... your PSTV doesn't boot correctly.

I don't know why a Vita would boot to recovery every time - even with working internal storage, the correct power adapter, no plugins... no Enso Henkaku.

In my case the PS TV but I turn it on the same way I do with the PS Vita, I mean, by pressing its button until it turns on. To turn off the PS Vita, I press its button until the menu appears and I press to turn it off. To turn off the PS TV, I press its button until it turns off, press to turn it off on LiveArea or press the PS button on the DualShock 4 and cpress to turn it off. How can the PS TV be turned on and off right?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I did.

3.73 try to hack the vita from scratch. Maybe you never downgraded? I'm confused why you are in 3.73 unless you updated.

This is the way you wiped right?
20329e6a2ca2cd139b8381aca9f67f4f.jpg

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The power button is on the back. Turning on with the PS button on the controller is fine.

Holding the power button on the back of the PSTV for like 7 seconds from off takes you to safe mode.

I don't think you have been doing that?

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
3.73 try to hack the vita from scratch. Maybe you never downgraded? I'm confused why you are in 3.73 unless you updated.

This is the way you wiped right?
20329e6a2ca2cd139b8381aca9f67f4f.jpg

Yes.

The power button is on the back. Turning on with the PS button on the controller is fine.

Holding the power button on the back of the PSTV for like 7 seconds from off takes you to safe mode.

I don't think you have been doing that?

But the PS TV doesn't turn on if I click the PS button, only the PS3, the PS4 and the PS5 do.

Oh my god, it seems I never knew how to turn this console on in the first place! I consulted its manual online and it seems this is normal behavior! To turn it on, the power button shouldn't be pressed for some seconds like I was doing or it will ask to connect the controller via USB cable and to press the PS button, so it's normal behavior! This should only be done when wanting to access Safe Mode, precisely! Stupid me! In my defense, I only have this console since last summer (as well as the PS Vita) and I barely touched it! I didn't even play a PS Vita game on it!

• Haha
Reactions: godreborn

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.

Oh my god, it looks like I never knew how to turn this console on! I consulted its manual online and it looks like this is normal behavior! To turn it on, one shouldn't press the power button for some seconds like I was doing or it will ask to connect the controller and to press the PS button to go to Recovery Menu! This should only be done when wanting to access the Recovery Menu, precisely! Stupid me! In my defense, I only have this console since last summer (as well as the PS Vita) and I barely touched it! I didn't even play a PS Vita game on it!
Hahaha oh no!

When you turn it off, can you turn it on by just pressing the button?

Did it go to recovery?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I find it odd that to turn on the PS Vita I have to press its button for a few seconds and it doesn't ask to press the PS button when wanting to access Safe Mode unlike the PS TV.

So, I removed HENkaku and I'll have to reinstall it as well as the apps and plugins. How can I format the USB flash drive on the PS TV?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hahaha oh no!

When you turn it off, can you turn it on by just pressing the button?

Did it go to recovery?

Yes, I can, but I wanted to turn it on via DualShock 4 like I can with the PS3 via DualShock 3, the PS4 via DualShock 4 and the PS5 via DualSense.

No, it didn't ask to connect the controller via USB cable to press the PS button.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, I guess I shouldn't install overclock plugins on the PS Vita because they might wear the battery faster (but might decrease loading times as well), but what about the PS TV which doesn't have a battery?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's weird is that to turn on the PS Vita, I have to press its button for a few seconds.

So I wiped HENkaku and I'll have to reinstall it, as well as the apps and plugins. At least this time I won't use zzBlanl.image and Win32 Disk Imager but how can I format the USB drive on the PS TV?
VitaDeploy like you do normally but instead just choose "Recommended" instead of R+YAMT.

Download YAMT.vpk from VitaDeploy and install it.

Launch the YAMT bubble. Choose Full install.
(If you chose R+YAMT, you will need to uninstall first)

Then you go into Settings Devices Storage Devices. Check Use YAMT but don't set any mount points.

Go further into Driver Settings. Choose developer options and be very careful to highlight TexFAT format USB/PSVSD's storage. Press X when you are highlighting that.

Then back out and go to VitaShell.

Press triangle and choose mount uma0. (Remove and replace the drive if it asks). In that folder, you should have just SceloTrash.

If you can mount it in the previous step, copy all contents from ux0 to the new uma0. If not try formatting again (for me this always works for a USB storage, sometimes I have to do that formatting more than once for SD2VITA).

Then go back into Settings Devices Storage Devices and set ux0 to USB.

Reboot!

Install software, games and plugins.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I suppose I shouldn't install overclock plugins on the PS Vita because they'd waste the battery faster, but what about the PS TV?
I overclock the games that need it and don't worry about it.

It uses the processor faster. (Processors can only calculate so many algorithms before they die) but the chances of the PSTV dying from the processor dying from the number of calculations is low.

The PSTV doesn't get very hot.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
VitaDeploy like you do normally but instead just choose "Recommended" instead of R+YAMT.

Download YAMT.vpk from VitaDeploy and install it.

Launch the YAMT bubble. Choose Full install.

Then you go into Settings > Devices > Storage Devices. Check Use YAMT but don't set any mount points.

Go further into Driver Settings. Choose developer options and be very careful to highlight TexFAT format USB/PSVSD's storage. Press X when you are highlighting that.

Then back out and go to VitaShell.

Press triangle and choose mount uma0. (Remove and replace the drive if it asks). In that folder, you should have just SceloTrash.

If you can mount it in the previous step, copy all contents from ux0 to the new uma0. If not try formatting again (for me this always works for a USB storage, sometimes I have to do that formatting more than once for SD2VITA).

Then go back into Settings Devices Storage Devices and set ux0 to USB.

Reboot!

Install software, games and plugins.

Why should the "Recommended" taiHEN configuration be chosen instead of the "R + YAMT" one?

Also, can't the USB device be mounted on "Settings" after formatting it instead of mounting it on VitaShell?

And what about the PS Vita?

I overclock the games that need it and don't worry about it.

It uses the processor faster. (Processors can only calculate so many algorithms before they die) but the chances of the PSTV dying from the processor dying from the number of calculations is low.

The PSTV doesn't get very hot.

So, do you recommend to do it on both?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo