Hacking How to get Sam & Max Season One working ! (for backups)

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Dude I double checked... I am going to look at the readme and compare once more very thoroughly and get back to you....appreciate the response.

Double-checked and made sure all usb and controllers were out this time and still just get the code dump....and this is the 3rd mulit-cios.dol I have put in homebrew... so i am thinking i am really doing some stupid or something else... i am starfalled 3.2u as well... so got me... maybe its this sd card itself... i will try another one.... ok tried new sd card....still no go... i give up... someone give me a .wad of this please?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IronMask said:
Dude I double checked... I am going to look at the readme and compare once more very thoroughly and get back to you....appreciate the response.

Did you think at the dip?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IronMask said:
I downloaded all of the files... (and I did it manually one by one to my sd card) copy and pasted them and compared.. I was trying the CIOS 33 install with Cios 36 DIP install it to ios33.

Why is this this difficult, create the folder, make sure it's the correct one. Get the tmd.1040 and cetk. And then download all other files beginning with 00000000 to this folder, if any file is "missing" on the servers, it's missing, just like 00000000 or 00000006 for IOS33. The filenames are hexadecimal numbers.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ether2802 said:
what is going to be the name of the folder and how should I rename those???

and another question, in theory, if we could patch IOS30 with the dip, wich is the one that supports the SysMenu, could we just launch the backup's thru the disc channel without using rebooter??
Now I know why in Mexico there is no waranty for anything, we don't read the info before using anything XD, but what about my last question??

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
ether2802 said:
what is going to be the name of the folder and how should I rename those???

and another question, in theory, if we could patch IOS30 with the dip, wich is the one that supports the SysMenu, could we just launch the backup's thru the disc channel without using rebooter??
Now I know why in Mexico there is no waranty for anything, we don't read the info before using anything XD, but what about my last question??

I will not test this. Twofive bricked his wii while trying this.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So that's not the way to go in order to have the launcher thru the disc channel straight from the switch on??? does Twofive could fixed his Wii installing IOS33 again??

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
So that's not the way to go in order to have the launcher thru the disc channel straight from the switch on??? does Twofive could fixed his Wii installing IOS33 again??

He deleted IOS30, but IOS30 is used by the system menu, so full brick i guess.

QUOTE(M-A-F-I-A @ Dec 29 2008, 10:43 PM) I followed all the instructions in the first post but the Multi CIOS installer report an error at the end of process.

Return with -1 etc

Sorry for bad english.

Are you at 3.3 or 3.4? Were you able to install any other cIOS?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is giving me the same error about the http, and I have the files on the SD
wtf.gif

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I read and reread, like I said.. I have everything where it is supposed to be and according to labels.. everything I did was copy and paster... i even counted the 0's in the long file names and folders that contained 0's. Anyways.. I give up.. I guess someone will eventually make it an easier install... if not... so be it.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I didn't download the dip36 files
laugh.gif
and then I had to delete IOS33 (original), so the Installer let me put in that place the cIOS33, but I could do what I want it to proof, wich was:

If a game like Spider-Man Web of Shadows, ask for IOS33, and that IOS has a dip patch on it, you could run it thru the disc channel like normal, without forcing the game to be read with IOS249 like Gamma does, but you still need to use Menu Loader to boot the Wii as IOS33, so I may be right about patching the IOS30, but maybe it should need a different patch.

still no news about Twofive's Wii??

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm sorry, there are lots of people reporting problems with my installer, so i guess there's something wrong with it. To my defense: It's working without any problem for me.

ether2802 said:
Well I didn't download the dip36 files
laugh.gif
and then I had to delete IOS33 (original), so the Installer let me put in that place the cIOS33, but I could do what I want it to proof, wich was:

If a game like Spider-Man Web of Shadows, ask for IOS33, and that IOS has a dip patch on it, you could run it thru the disc channel like normal, without forcing the game to be read with IOS249 like Gamma does, but you still need to use Menu Loader to boot the Wii as IOS33, so I may be right about patching the IOS30, but maybe it should need a different patch.

still no news about Twofive's Wii??

I'm sorry, i don't understand what you are trying to tell. Forget about IOS30, DON'T EVER TOUCH IOS30!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yes (now) I know, but what I wanted to say is:

If we patch with the dip of cIOS36 the IOS33, and Spider-Man uses that IOS33, then if you launch the game thru the disc channel without reboooting with Gamma, the game works perfect, because the dip patch is on the needed IOS, but since there is no way to make the game appears on the disc channel, unless you use:
1)Rebooter from Gamma (GeckOS)
2)Menu Loader
and that's why I was thinking on patching the IOS30, but since it is the most stupid thing to do, then I guess we are still in the waiting line for cSM
frown.gif
, I wonder why rebooter can patch momentainly the SysMenu without affecting it...!!!

and for those having troubles with the installer, you have to download the files for the IOS, and the files for the DIP PATCH

M-A-F-I-A

Trophies
Website
forum.fobby.net
XP
Country
Italy
ether2802 said:

If we patch with the dip of cIOS36 the IOS33, and Spider-Man uses that IOS33, then if you launch the game thru the disc channel without reboooting with Gamma, the game works perfect, because of the dip patch on the needed IOS, but since there is no way to make the game appears on the disc channel, unless you use:
2)Menu Loader
and that's why I was thinking on patching the IOS30, but since it is the most stupid thing to do, then I guess we are still in the waiting line for cSM
frown.gif
, I wonder why rebooter can patch momentainly the SysMenu wihout affecting it...!!!

and for those having troubles with the installer, you have to download the files for the IOS, and the files for the DIP PATCH

The link of DIP PATCH is the same of normal IOS

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
M-A-F-I-A said:
ether2802 said:

If we patch with the dip of cIOS36 the IOS33, and Spider-Man uses that IOS33, then if you launch the game thru the disc channel without reboooting with Gamma, the game works perfect, because of the dip patch on the needed IOS, but since there is no way to make the game appears on the disc channel, unless you use:
2)Menu Loader
frown.gif
, I wonder why rebooter can patch momentainly the SysMenu wihout affecting it...!!!

and for those having troubles with the installer, you have to download the files for the IOS, and the files for the DIP PATCH[/b]

The link of DIP PATCH is the same of normal IOS

Yes and no. If you install a cIOS33 you take the dip from IOS36 and apply the dip patch to it. That's why you need the files from IOS33 and the half of the files from IOS36.

M-A-F-I-A

Trophies
Website
forum.fobby.net
XP
Country
Italy

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The