Hacking How to get Sam & Max Season One working ! (for backups)

getrehl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried this with a 1:1 copy of the game and it still rebooted after selecting an episode. I used a game copy patched to IOS 249 with IOS patcher v1.1 and it works fine.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
getrehl said:
I tried this with a 1:1 copy of the game and it still rebooted after selecting an episode. I used a game copy patched to IOS 249 with IOS patcher v1.1 and it works fine.

Does the IOS patched game require this booting method? So you need IOS Version Patching AND this special booting method?

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicksasa said:
Ok ill explain how to get sam & max working​

The game is launched by the disc channel so we dont use Gamma or Softchip!

What you need
A Wii
Cios Rev 7
Sam & Max Season One

Notes
The methode is found by me but the Menu Loader Clone is by Raven (i think even he didnt know this)
It should also work with "Far Cry Vengeance" as the game reboots after the first mission, anyone with the game test it and report here !
There is almost NO bricking chance (if you are worried install starfall man !)
This method does NOT work with games that need IOS patching to ios249!

First you download "Menu Loader Clone" Download
Put it on your sd card like you would normally do, start Homebrew Channel and select Menu loader.
Now you see a screen with diffrent options, this is what you have to change :

Menu IOS Version: 249
Game IOS Version: 249

(Normally your cios should be at 249)

Thats it now press A, your wii will reboot.
Now you see Sam & Max Season One in the disc channel, launch the game and it will play perfectly (it will now NOT reboot when you select an episode)

Thx to WiiPower to always be there when i have a question !

You got my hopes up for this one!!!
frown.gif
Sorry to say but it is CONFIRMED that a 1:1 does NOT work. I have tested it myself and it still reboots after selecting an episode. So the question is, what more are we supposed to do to get this to work? I'm sorry Topic Creator, but your instructions are flawed. There must be something more that you have to do with the disc to get it to load up - we ALL have Cios Rev 7 if we are running Gamma so don't even say that's the reason it's not working.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JoeyGennaro said:
You got my hopes up for this one!!!
frown.gif
Sorry to say but it is CONFIRMED that a 1:1 does NOT work. I have tested it myself and it still reboots after selecting an episode. So the question is, what more are we supposed to do to get this to work? I'm sorry Topic Creator, but your instructions are flawed. There must be something more that you have to do with the disc to get it to load up - we ALL have Cios Rev 7 if we are running Gamma so don't even say that's the reason it's not working.

Maybe you need IOS Version patching too, chances are nicksasa tested with a patched game.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JoeyGennaro said:
Didn't he just say this method does NOT work with games that need IOS 249 patching? So then that makes no sense.

Well, this method doesn't get the "need ios version patching" games to work without the patching. MAybe Sam & Max needs both, the IOS Version Patching and this boot method.

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far it hasn't been confirmed by anybody other than the topic creator that this even works - I'd like to get this figured out I don't want to waste downloading the game again to patch it only to find out it doesn't even work. Anybody?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JoeyGennaro said:
So far it hasn't been confirmed by anybody other than the topic creator that this even works - I'd like to get this figured out I don't want to waste downloading the game again to patch it only to find out it doesn't even work. Anybody?

QUOTE(getrehl @ Dec 29 2008, 01:40 AM) I tried this with a 1:1 copy of the game and it still rebooted after selecting an episode. I used a game copy patched to IOS 249 with IOS patcher v1.1 and it works fine.

Just wait for more results.

nicksasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i found out why ill update the post !

it didnt had anything to do with Menu Loader Clone but with the Cios 33 from Wiigator as you see i updated the post to let it show how to do it in gamma

did anybody tested it now ?

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
ill test this today, i hope it works. I have a 1:1 copy that only boots for me currently with gecko os set to pal50. However it reboots at the episode select.

I have a jap wii , changed with anyregion changer to US Ios 34 4.15 . And my copy of sam and max is usa (which is why im puzzled at having to force pal 50)

getrehl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower -- Does the IOS patched game require this booting method? So you need IOS Version Patching AND this special booting method?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes it does require both this booting method and patching the IOS to 249 on the disc.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need version 0.24 of the multi_cios_installer to install to IOS33:
http://rapidshare.com/files/177848178/mult...er0.24.zip.html
(10 downloads, you know the game)
Maybe the online installation is not working correctly, but the offline installation should work fine

Questions with which methods is it possible to play the game AND to get past the episode selection?
1. IOS Version patch + Menu Patcher?
2. IOS Version patch + Gamma rebooter?
3. real 1:1 copy + cIOS33 at IOS33 + Menu Patcher?
4. real 1:1 copy + cIOS36 at IOS33 + Menu Patcher?
5. real 1:1 copy + cIOS33 at IOS33 + Gamma rebooter?
6. real 1:1 copy + cIOS36 at IOS33 + Gamma rebooter?

PS: Is there a difference between WiiGator's and Waninkoko's cIOS for this?

Oh, and i have to add, i don't like overwriting IOS33 with a cIOS, there has to be another way, i will keep looking for it

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tichinde925 said:
Does this overwrite the original IOS33?

Is it that safe?

As long as you don't delete or overwrite an important IOS, it's safe to do it. I don't know which system menu uses which IOS, i think 3.2 uses IOS30. So deleting or overwriting IOS30 is a bad idea. As said before, i don't like this and i try find another way to get the game working.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to use IOS33 installed as cIOS 248/other high number thats not being used, and then patch the ISO to use IOS 248/high number not being used?

To me, that seems like it would work and there would be no need to use the rebooter/menu patcher.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tichinde925 said:
Is there a way to use IOS33 installed as cIOS 248/other high number thats not being used, and then patch the ISO to use IOS 248/high number not being used?

To me, that seems like it would work.

Yes, you can install the cIOS everywhere between IOS33 and IOS249, and you should be able to patch the .iso to this IOS. But i'm not sure if you really need a cIOS based on IOS33 or if the standard cIOS36 works as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-