help! my new Acekard 2i's anti-clone sticker didn't peel o

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by graywolf323, Mar 6, 2012.

1. graywolf323
    OP

Newcomer graywolf323 Newbie

United States
    I just bought an Acekard 2i to use on my 3DS from http://realhotstuff....ping-p-321.html which is listed as an official reseller but when I peeled off the sticker to get the code well this is how it looks now

Warning: Large Image

I emailed Real Hot Stuff about this but should I actually be concerned at all? they are an authorized reseller after all so seems unlikely it's a counterfeit card and you don't get anything for verifying your card do you?

edit: sorry just realized the title got cut off... lack of sleep does that to a person >_

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    it could be a fake sticker, designed not to have the code. i haven't heard of those yet, but it is entirely possible. see if you can seperate the two parts to get to the number. also try updating the bootloader. if you can get the bootloader updated (regardless of what is flashed there now), and akaio runs, then just enjoy it.

-another world

1 person likes this.
  3. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    I wish I hadn't taken my sticker off at all, it was shiny.

4. georgelathouwers
    This message by georgelathouwers has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 29, 2013.
    Mar 9, 2012
  5. Another World

Colombia
    don't let resellers tell you that crap. they know exactly where they are buying them from and if they are legit or not. they just use that excuse so you don't go filing a paypal complaint, as paypal has been freezing accounts thanks to recent emails from nintendo. they will do anything to to raise attention to their illegal flash kit web sites.

-another world

6. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    My PayPal account was frozen a while ago, it's still not working for anything.
    Could that have been because I bought a flashcart? :O

7. Another World

Colombia
    no. they are going after resellers who have thousands of dollars in their accounts. i know a few sites that received orders to stop selling, some switched to new paypal accounts. but that trick only works for a few weeks. eventually paypal caught up with them and froze their accounts, with lots and lots of money sitting in them. guess who got to keep all that money?

if your personal account was frozen then you should contact paypal and ask why.

-another world

8. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    They said there was a bug in their system.
    I don't trust PayPal anymore.

9. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Happened to my little brother's AK2i.

It works fine. I'm not worried.

10. defunct32

Member defunct32 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Yeah, if it works fine and you can play every single (or almost) game out there w/ no issues whatsoever, just use it, sometimes the less you know the better, I mean if you know you got a fake one you would be all "annoyed," "irritated" and just wish you hadn't wasted time and money on so-and-so site and you start looking at your AK2i differently and bent on getting an original cart and .... that's probably just me but I've learned that "don't fix what is not broken."

Lol.

1 person likes this.
  11. Another World

Colombia
    the 1:1 clones are just that, exact copies. so if you can update the bootloader and akaio runs, just enjoy it. if you can't update the bootloader (or downgrade it), then get a replacement.

-another world