Hacking acekard site anti-clone: "number has already been used"

nikkuchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought an acekard 2i from a retailer here in Japan. I loaded the latest AKAIO from the website (1.8.7) and installed the latest firmware updates. Works fine, no problems.

After giving it a test drive I took a look at the anti-clone sticker on the back. I peeled it off and inputted the code in the anti-clone checker on the website and it said that the code was correct, but it's been checked 3 times before.

It's not that I totally mind if it's fake as long as it works right, but I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight on this situation. Thanks.

nikkuchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Evo.lve said:
Normally I'd say it's just the retailer checking the code, but three times is a bit unusual. Contact the seller.

Well, the first one was in April, then the next two were in June and they were performed one minute apart, so I'm assuming the same person just checked it twice for some reason. Since Japanese retailers that ship from Japan buy their stock from overseas stores first (and sell it at appropriately higher prices to compensate), I'm assuming that the first one was from the original retailer, and the second (and third) were from the Japanese retailer.

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
usually reseller don't check the serial code because otherwise cannot sell them as new, because need to peel off it.
however many people reported their serial was already checked, i think there is a problem in the aki code generation, maybe some dupe codes

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
zhuzhuchina said:
usually reseller don't check the serial code because otherwise cannot sell them as new, because need to peel off it.
however many people reported their serial was already checked, i think there is a problem in the aki code generation, maybe some dupe codes

That sounds about right, the code generator is probably just generating duplicates. (Shouldn't be too hard to fix if they keep a database of generated codes anyway, just implement in in the code).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1