Newcomer
Trophies
Website
start.duckduckgo.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OMG! Best news ever!

Now I just have to decide to either buy a N3DS from Australia or wait for them to come here :)

Anyone know roughly how much a N3DS XL would cost in the UK?

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they can add homebrew and multirom support with the Sky3ds exploit as an entrypoint, then its hard to imagine they cant also add emunand support for future updates.

They aren't using the sky3ds in any way. That is purely cart emulation and doesn't provide any code execution.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keep it, this new release doesn't look do have emunand :)

but they obviously have kernel exploit, so what would stop them from emunand? they obviously do not need it at this point cause it is running on latest FW native and has 100% game compatibility at this point , they must be able to use it if they need to to, i can't see any reason why emunand can't work on 9.x now

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OMG! Best news ever!

Now I just have to decide to either buy a N3DS from Australia or wait for them to come here :)

Anyone know roughly how much a N3DS XL would cost in the UK?

Probably around £170-£180, you know we get fucked over on everything. Yeah I think a lot of us will be importing lol hopefully some kind fellow can help us out, because I've got a raging clue right now.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
SKY3DS right now.... :rofl2:

titanic_mural.jpg

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine came with 9.x out of the box, 9.0

sweet thanks, so i assume they are all shipping on 9.x now then , i got concerned cause of the garyopa post that said it was shipping with same FW as japan and jap ships lower than 9.0 i think

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If only I knew where to import an Aussie N3DS I'd do the same ..

As for EmuNAND, probably. And the fact that they didn't boot into Gateway mode doesn't mean much. The console was already on so.. It could've been for video porpuses only.

Oddly enough Play-Asia is the place I can think of...

Reactions: Phantom_User

TheDutchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They aren't using the sky3ds in any way. That is purely cart emulation and doesn't provide any code execution.

i know they are not running Sky3DS, but they found an exploit in 9.x that made them emulate a cart, i simply suggested gateway found that same exploit and build further upon it to get them where they are now. weather they found that same exploit before or after sky released is pure speculation on anyones account.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know they are not running Sky3DS, but they found an exploit in 9.x that made them emulate a cart, i simply suggested gateway found that same exploit and build further upon it to get them where they are now. weather they found that same exploit before or after sky released is pure speculation on anyones account.

Sky3ds doesn't utilize an exploit in 9.x. It just simply passes off as a legit card. Hence why it works on all firmwares.

TheDutchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sky3ds doesn't utilize an exploit in 9.x. It just simply passes off as a legit card. Hence why it works on all firmwares.

hmm allright, but if that is the case, and ill believe you cause i dont have anything to prove otherwise, why did it take the community that long to find out how to emulate a real cart. you would think it wouldve released years ago

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SpW9uDq.png

Just another mail that its worth buying premium :)

Once emunand is confirmed im wondering if it's worth selling the 4.5 console I've got, might get higher price than a normal one from peolpe who dont know about the new exploit, or whether to keep the 4.5 one as back up! Choices hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice