laiba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iTBZKBs.png

Well that was quick! No longer than 3 days after sky3DS and its siblings entered the market, Gateway updates their news on official site and promises 9.0.x support! Are you excited? We at GBAtemp.net sure are!

Gateway said:
We recently reached a major milestone and now we are happy to announce that we are in the process of finalizing our support for 3DS systems running System Firmware 9.0.0-20 / 9.1.0-20J / 9.2.0-20 natively! Yes, this includes 2DS and New 3DS! Yes, you heard us right! If you have a 3DS, or a 2DS or a New 3DS system that is running System Firmware 9.0.0-20, 9.1.0-20J or 9.2.0-20 then you WILL be able to use it with Gateway 3DS!

We recommend the following to our interested users:
  • If you are on native System Firmare 4.5, then please stay at this version.
  • If you are on native System Firmware 5.0 or higher, then please update to 9.0.0-20, 9.1.0-20J or 9.2.0-20 and stay on this version. Do not update beyond this version.
But we also need help from YOU our loyal users! We need you to get the word out to your community, friends and family that they must not update their 3DS beyond the version we recommended above!
We cannot guarantee that our solution will keep working with future updates above 9.2.0-20!

We can't post a source (for obvious reasons), but I'm sure you know where to look. ;) This makes a dent in sky3DS's shiny armor - can't wait to see future developments!

Source: gateway 3ds

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Should I update then? I'm going to trust them on this one I think. Updating now.

XiTaU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well seeing as they say 4.5 users should stay on 4.5 i guess there will be less features with the 9.x release.
I wonder if it will go back to 1 rom per sd like earlier gateway or if there will be emunand and multirom menu etc.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
"We got our hands on a Sky3DS and managed to clone their loading method"

i wonder if it is like sky3ds, just loading roms, or are we able to get all the other features too like homebrew and emunand.
maybe not... since they say do not update if you are on 4.5.
if there were the same features... why not update...
but still, very happy

Reactions: e-fervent

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting. But it seems the 9.x support isn't as good as the 4.x support because they recommend staying on 4.5 if possible. I guess eShop roms and Homebrew wont work on 9.x.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"We got our hands on a Sky3DS and managed to clone their loading method"
Judging by how they said to NOT update from 4.5+, chances are something like this is indeed what happened and it'll be no homebrew, no region free, no emunand like the Sky3DS. Maybe not even multirom since it has no physical button.

D

Deleted-355425

My guess is that anything over 4.5 will only have access to roms like the sky3ds and won't have the ability to trick the console into pretending to be on a higher firmware to run games that require 9.x + in the future firmware while the 4.5 will.

edit: spelling.

Reactions: jrr6415sun

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
It's going to take forever to charge my 3DS... haven't turned it on for like a year or so, lol

telon22

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Oh man what should I do now :P
MAYBE the 9.x users will need to buy an updated gateway cart whereas there would be no need for such think on 4.x(maybe that's why):!:

Nagato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. What's the latest Japanese firmware? I'm currently on 8.1.0-19J and don't want to update blindly. From a quick google search it seems it might be 9.2.0-20J which was released on October 30th. Can anyone confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands