Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

D

Deleted User

Does this read the gbc bios for the coloring of games?
The colored palettes are built in, so it doesn't need the bios.
Confirmed. ZL is still set as Scaling. However changing the L Button from FF to Scale works fine. Dont know why ZL doesnt work unless the Mappings are not correct for those 2 (ZL&ZR)
Dunno if it's fixed, but I've been doing some cleanup, so I suppose its worth trying a new build and seeing if the issue is still present.
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms1kes4jhrb3meg/gameyob.zip?dl=0

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention, I also copied over the motion sensor support from the DS version. I don't know what kinds of values its supposed to take (ranges, etc.), so it's using the same touch controls rather than the accelerometer.

Reactions: cvskid

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, ZL and ZR still do not work for Scaling. Also, I tried something out. The C Nub also does not work for Directional Input either as it is by Default.

D

Deleted User

Unfortunately, ZL and ZR still do not work for Scaling. Also, I tried something out. The C Nub also does not work for Directional Input either as it is by Default.

I'll keep looking into it, then. Maybe there's something I'm missing with N3DS controls.

In the mean time, I added in support for MBC7 and improved accelerometer touch controls. Games such as "Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble" should be fully playable now.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hey guys, I heard that it is now possible to have sound on ninjhax for the n3DS, will you guys implement it in your emu?

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try this new build, it should enable sound on startup.

Didn't think anyone would want it black and white, but if you set GBC Mode to anything but "On" now, it should turn off colorization. You will, however, have to reset the game to apply changes.

I like colors but sometimes, the colors for some games are a bit disturbing ;)

Thanks, I'll try with the new build to see.

Thanks for all your work!

blargSNES uses super specific timing to get its sound perfect, which would be a complete pain to implement, especially in GameYob.

Not to mention BlargSnes have compatibility problems because of the synch of the sound which is not perfect yet.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I found a bug.

I loaded a game then pressed the "home" button" and when I tried to resume the game, I only got a black screen (still, music was still playing and I could access the emulator menu but reloading the game didn't fixed the problem. Had to quit/reload the emulator).

This bug is reproductible, as it happen every time (tried with another game and it does the same).

(I'm on a N3DS if it can help but I don't think it can change something for bugs?)

Woudl also be nice if the emulator could auto-detect the file extension. I though it was the function of the "GBC : If needed" (to put black & white for .gb and color for .gbc) but it's seem it's not the case.

If I put "GBC" on "Off" or "If needed", all gb games are in "black and white" but then, color games are also in "black & white".

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pokemon Pinball is the only game that is not working for me... Does anyone else have this game and could test it to check if my Rom is bad??
Thanks Steveice for your great improvements with gameyob!

D

Deleted User

I think I found a bug.

I loaded a game then pressed the "home" button" and when I tried to resume the game, I only got a black screen (still, music was still playing and I could access the emulator menu but reloading the game didn't fixed the problem. Had to quit/reload the emulator).

This bug is reproductible, as it happen every time (tried with another game and it does the same).

(I'm on a N3DS if it can help but I don't think it can change something for bugs?)

Woudl also be nice if the emulator could auto-detect the file extension. I though it was the function of the "GBC : If needed" (to put black & white for .gb and color for .gbc) but it's seem it's not the case.

If I put "GBC" on "Off" or "If needed", all gb games are in "black and white" but then, color games are also in "black & white".
The home screen bug is already known, and I'll look into the black and white thing.
Pokemon Pinball is the only game that is not working for me... Does anyone else have this game and could test it to check if my Rom is bad??
It doesn't work for me either, I'll see if I can figure out why.

EDIT: Clarification: It works for me, but when I hit a bumper at the top of the stage the game glitches out.
hey guys, I heard that it is now possible to have sound on ninjhax for the n3DS, will you guys implement it in your emu?
Already done in the latest build.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It used to work, in gameyob DS version 0.5. Somewhere along the way when I was overhauling it, it stopped working (it randomly crashes and restarts). I don't know the cause unfortunately.

Thanks a lot for your work, Steve, although I lost interest in the 3ds scene I'm glad this wasn't a waste. :)

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It doesn't work for me either, I'll see if I can figure out why.

EDIT: Clarification: It works for me, but when I hit a bumper at the top of the stage the game glitches out.
Same for me, when hitting a bumper on the red table it crashes. the blue table doesn't even start.
Thanks for looking into this issue!!! Hope you are going to find the Problem without spending too much of your time!

D

Deleted User

It used to work, in gameyob DS version 0.5. Somewhere along the way when I was overhauling it, it stopped working (it randomly crashes and restarts). I don't know the cause unfortunately.

Thanks a lot for your work, Steve, although I lost interest in the 3ds scene I'm glad this wasn't a waste. :)

Hmm, maybe I'll try building different commits of the DS version and seeing where it stops working.

And thank YOU for making such a fast and great emulator to work on. :)

D

Deleted User

An update on the Pokemon Pinball issue, from what I can tell it seems to start here (with missing romfile.cpp included from here).

D

Deleted User

This issue should be fixed, if it was present before. At the very least, my testing has shown it to be working fine.

Still looking into any possible N3DS input issues, can't seem to find the cause for them. Also looking into Pokemon Pinball.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

File extensions are irrelevant. It's possible that there's a misunderstanding. It might be the bios colorization which you want to turn off. I'm not sure what Steve did with that, but perhaps turning off the "bios" option will do the trick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning