Dragon Quest + Wi-Fi + Flashkart

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Distrance, Dec 1, 2010.

Dec 1, 2010
  1. Distrance
    OP

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Well .. I got the Dragon Quest : Sentinels of Starry Skies on my flashkart. And I can't access Wi-Fi with it. When I go to talk to the clerk to access the Shop Functions, there's 3 green bars for a while, but then suddenly drops to 0 and it says Connection Error 5200 .. What's up with that ? Is there something on Nintendo's side to block people playing from flashcarts to accessing Wi-Fi ? I've never tried any other games on Wi-Fi so I don't know if they work.

For the record, I use Supercard DSTwo.

2. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Buy the game and find out.

3. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    Find out what ? That it works ? I know it works if I buy the game but I want to know if any games work on Wi-Fi if using flashcarts. And that if they do work, how do I make this work.

You're on the wrong forum if you post on every topic related to flashcarts '' Buy the game ''.

4. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    It works just fine on my old ass r4. Check your wireless settings.

5. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    How is your WiFi security set up ??? Are you using WPA or WEP ??

DS Games can only connect to WiFi using WEP (using Internet connections 1,2 or 3 in DS Settings)

DSi (XL) also have 'advanced settings' on Internet connection (4,5 and 6) which DO allow WPA security connection to WiFi networks, but DS Game can't use these - only the Dsi's Browser/Shop can

IF you are using WPA on your WiFi network then change it to WEP & re-try making a connection

6. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    Already replied to the other thread but anyhow .. Check what ? When I go to the Internet Settings and set up a connection, I pick the access point .. in this case a cafe I frequent. They're open so no password required. IP and other things are obtained automatically ... After that, I tap OK and it begins connection test. The test ALWAYS fails without exceptions, BUT the Shop Channel and Browser always work right after that.

Needless to say, the game does NOT work and there's nothing I can do except ( according to Nintendo's website ) insert the IP manually at the settings... The only problem is, it's not my connection so how the eff would I know the IP and other values ?

7. Taichi24

Newcomer Taichi24 Advanced Member

United States
    The cafe you use to access the internet may use WPA instead of WEP. You need WEP for you to connect online with your game.

And for the record...this game does work on a DSTWO for accessing the WiFi Shop online as I have this game as well.