Gaming Dragon Quest + Wi-Fi + Flashkart

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well .. I got the Dragon Quest : Sentinels of Starry Skies on my flashkart. And I can't access Wi-Fi with it. When I go to talk to the clerk to access the Shop Functions, there's 3 green bars for a while, but then suddenly drops to 0 and it says Connection Error 5200 .. What's up with that ? Is there something on Nintendo's side to block people playing from flashcarts to accessing Wi-Fi ? I've never tried any other games on Wi-Fi so I don't know if they work.

For the record, I use Supercard DSTwo.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Find out what ? That it works ? I know it works if I buy the game but I want to know if any games work on Wi-Fi if using flashcarts. And that if they do work, how do I make this work.

You're on the wrong forum if you post on every topic related to flashcarts '' Buy the game ''.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
How is your WiFi security set up ??? Are you using WPA or WEP ??

DS Games can only connect to WiFi using WEP (using Internet connections 1,2 or 3 in DS Settings)

DSi (XL) also have 'advanced settings' on Internet connection (4,5 and 6) which DO allow WPA security connection to WiFi networks, but DS Game can't use these - only the Dsi's Browser/Shop can

IF you are using WPA on your WiFi network then change it to WEP & re-try making a connection

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Already replied to the other thread but anyhow .. Check what ? When I go to the Internet Settings and set up a connection, I pick the access point .. in this case a cafe I frequent. They're open so no password required. IP and other things are obtained automatically ... After that, I tap OK and it begins connection test. The test ALWAYS fails without exceptions, BUT the Shop Channel and Browser always work right after that.

Needless to say, the game does NOT work and there's nothing I can do except ( according to Nintendo's website ) insert the IP manually at the settings... The only problem is, it's not my connection so how the eff would I know the IP and other values ?

Taichi24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cafe you use to access the internet may use WPA instead of WEP. You need WEP for you to connect online with your game.

And for the record...this game does work on a DSTWO for accessing the WiFi Shop online as I have this game as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: I am trying to hack Fire Emblem Warriors on my 2DS XL, I have been trying to get it to work, but...