Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I made a new discovery. I managed to add a specific voicebank to a specific skin without editing ui_sound_voice_chara_db.bin.

What I did was that I renamed my soundbank from snd_vc_Sonic.nus3bank to snd_vc_Sonic_c04.nus3bank.
The reason for this was that I searched through the sound folder of Robin and Corrin and noticed that they have two voicebanks.
The other is named after the same as the first one but with a cXX added on to it.
So I added a Shadow voicebank to data (eu_en)/fighter/sonic/sound in sm4shexplorer and named it snd_vc_Sonic_c04.nus3bank (which corresponds to his black skin, which I replaced with the Shadow Vertex hack from KTH)

Loaded up the skin in Training Mode along with another Sonic. The result was that the Shadow worked fine but the other Sonic didn't play any voice clips at all.

Loading up two Sonics that isn't Shadow plays their original voicebank.

Loading the Shadow Skin with any other character plays the Shadow skin along with the other character's atttached voicebank.

EDIT: Tested it online in a Sonic Ditto. Both soundbanks worked but my victory quote was silent.
Maybe you need to change an entry in either ui_character_db.bin or Sonic's parameter file. There's probably a single entry that tells the game whether to allocate memory for loading multiple sound banks at once or only one.
I figured out too. I edited mine and all stages are now available in 8-players smash.
https://mega.nz/#!Ix5FzBwZ!ucDvIaEZCeYUjbyYPNNKabj3gCWGoeXcbfhAdegceks
It's the Eu_fr file, i don't knows if it works in any other langages.
Oh darn, you beat me to it. Oh well. Did you also edit the file so every omega stage also works on 8-player smash, or did you only make the regular stages available?

I apologise if this has been asked before (or mentioned in the video, I didn't watch it because I just downloaded the file and tested it myself :P), but how would one go about doing this sort of thing for stages already enabled in 8 player Smash? For instance, Midgar has no hazards in 8 player Smash because it's been enabled already, but stages like Orbital Gate Assault and Kalos Pokemon League have their hazards function perfectly fine with this hack. Which makes me think that maybe we can bring back its and maybe those of other stages. but IDK how to do that, and I guess a simple UI hack (what this seems to be) would not suffice.
That's not a ui_stage_db.bin thing I think. I would look into the parameter file for that specific stage. I intend to look into it myself to see if I can disable the infernal Yellow Devil.
it will be longer to download than dump
Maybe maybe not. It depends on his internet speed.
It took me 6-7 hours to dump my game because of the WiiU's wifi chip. If I could download the file from somewhere online, I could download the whole game in 30 minutes easily

Last edited by Blazingflare,

IrisZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why the Wii U softlocks on the splash screen after editing this param file I have no idea, since editing the on in the regular data folder, the game boots but there is no changes seen. So if you have a better idea on why this is the case, please feel free to share.

Have you, or anyone else, found out why this happened?

I'm currently using SDCafiine to change my music on my 5.5.1 WiiU [USA] and I can preview/listen to my music just fine in My Music, but once try to load a game it just sits at that screen before the game should start.

What's probably fairly important to note is that I edited my menu music as well, and it loads without any issue at all. It has to do something with the stage loading maybe? Not too sure.

I'm also not too adept at anything in the field and I'm honestly surprised I got through SDCafiine, but I'm still wondering why this is happening and what we can do.

Any thoughts?

EDIT:

Since I followed TS4M's Pastebin...

I had some of his game files too. I deleted that, made sure to delete cookies as I used http://loadiine.ovh/ to load SDCafiine + Kernel.

Seemed to fix it. Maybe it was just my bad rofl

Last edited by IrisZ,

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the Wii U softlocks on the splash screen after editing this param file I have no idea, since editing the on in the regular data folder, the game boots but there is no changes seen. So if you have a better idea on why this is the case, please feel free to share.
Did you check to see if the parameter editor corrupts the file upon saving? Save the file with no edits and reopen it.
I know for a fact that the parameter editor corrupts the ui_stage_db.bin file after saving it and crashes the WiiU if you try to load it. The only option is to manually hex edit the file.

Unrelated, but I got CSPs for my added slots working. Now to make every model swap an alt costume for every character, Or at least the characters my friends and I use the most.
On a side note, does anyone know of a program that can batch rename files? Because manually renaming ~55 CSP files ~55 times sounds like an unfun waste of my time.
Edit: I might actually already have a program that can do what I need from one of my long abandoned projects.

Last edited by Blazingflare,

ChainsawPolice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could i just download a copy of smash instead of dumping my own? I don't feel waiting that long lol. I wanna do texture hacks.
Over WiFi, it took me about half a day to dump everything. I just set it up when I got out of bed, ran some errands, and come lunchtime it was finished.

Not only is downloading gonna take much longer, but it's against some laws or something.

HeartBound

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As you can see from this screencap of the Param Editor which has the ui_sound_db.bin opened, you can see three Groups and the first Group holds the database for the My Music section for every stage.

Entry[54] is for Midgar, Name 2 represents the tracks that are available for the stage, this case 2 tracks, and Names 3 to 41 all represent which music track is used for that stage. Only Name 3 and 4 are filled with the number that represents the Music file that you can see in the sounds.msbt if you use the MSBT Editor, while everything below that is using these filler numbers.

I know that by changing Name 2 to any number to 40 would likely let you add additional tracks after the first two. Problem is, changing the number and adding lets say the same two track numbers that are in Names 3 and 4 in 5 and 6 if you wanted to have 4 tracks for the stage and saving the file afterwords seems to go okay.

But after you place it back in data(us-en)\param\ui and rebuild the mod and insert it into your SD Card and running SDCafiine and beginning Smash Bros like normal, you will end up stuck on the splash screen before the game even boots.

And I know this is where you edit My Music because Entry[52] has 27 Tracks in it and that is the Mario Maker stage, which has 27 tracks in game.

param folder of data gets overridden by the data(us_en), thats why putting it there doesn't crash,since it gets overridden anyway. Make sure the param editor doesnt corrupt the file, there are some file that don't get rebuild correctly. Look if the number of entry is the same after saving it by re-opening it. IF it does corrupt,modify it with a hex editor

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over WiFi, it took me about half a day to dump everything. I just set it up when I got out of bed, ran some errands, and come lunchtime it was finished.

Not only is downloading gonna take much longer, but it's against some laws or something.
The WiiU dumps at like 700KB/s. If he has a decent internet connection at all, it will be significantly faster. My connection speed is just under 7MB/s. I know I would have just downloaded the files off the internet if I knew it was going to take so long when I first did it.

ChainsawPolice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The WiiU dumps at like 700KB/s. If he has a decent internet connection at all, it will be significantly faster. My connection speed is just under 7MB/s. I know I would have just downloaded the files off the internet if I knew it was going to take so long when I first did it.
But, like, illegal.

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. When are the l00, l01, ect. files used in game? And are they needed. I noticed that Cloud has them for his advent children alts and Bayonetta has them for her Bayonetta 1 alts.

NAFEDUDE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so, I have skins installed at c08, but they aren't showing up for me in-game. Every other mod I've done has worked fine, so it's not a problem loading mods in general. Any ideas?

Also, is there an easy way to change a song name? I know TS4M changed Final Destination to "I hacked this now" in his pack, so it must be possible, but does anyone know how?

Last edited by NAFEDUDE,

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so, I have skins installed at c08, but they aren't showing up for me in-game. Every other mod I've done has worked fine, so it's not a problem loading mods in general. Any ideas?

You have to edit the ui_character_db.bin to add one more costume slot.

Extract that file from data(us_en)/param/ui/ui_character_db.bin and open it with Parameter.exe

Click an entry in the group. Name 6 holds the value which is a character ID.
In name 7 is the number of costume slots available. Everyone has 8 but Little Mac which has 16.

Locate the ID which corresponds to your desired character and change the value in name 7 to 9.
Save it and put it in Sm4shexplorer.
Build the mod and put it in the SD Card as any normal build.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok