m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ShadowOne333 MAME2003-plus doesn't build even with HAVE_COMPAT, MD5 functions seem to be missing. I will work on that later unless someone else works on it first. Here is the data if someone wants to take it from here:

Repo:https://git.m4xw.net/Switch/RetroArch/mame2003-plus-libretro
Branch with CICD/assets/udpated Makefile: config/port-cicd

@m4xw please make the repo public.
Ah, so guess that was the one I was building. I am sure they are somewhere in compat, else they can easily be reimplemented

Reactions: Leonidas87

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
OK, I officially confirm that Beetle-NGP, Beetle-PCE-Fast, Beetle-SuperGrafx, and Beetle-VB all run but can't even load ROMs at all, freezing on a black screen. I can't even access the RetroArch Menu and can only quit using the HOME Button. Beetle-WSwan, Virtual Jaguar, FCEUmm, SNES9x2010 and VBA-Next all work fine, although VBA-Next has a more noticeable visual fuzz than the other cores with VSync off. Haven't even tried Stella and Handy yet as I don't have any ROMs to try on those.
They are all on the latest builds, though.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I officially confirm that Beetle-NGP, Beetle-PCE-Fast, Beetle-SuperGrafx, and Beetle-VB all run but can't even load ROMs at all, freezing on a black screen. I can't even access the RetroArch Menu and can only quit using the HOME Button. Beetle-WSwan, Virtual Jaguar, FCEUmm, SNES9x2010 and VBA-Next all work fine, although VBA-Next has a more noticeable visual fuzz than the other cores with VSync off. Haven't even tried Stella and Handy yet as I don't have any ROMs to try on those.
Not true on beetle vb, I was playing it last night. get rid of the config and try it

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Read the text, delete the *.cfg

ZeroShift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I hand removed all error exception handling attempts, and it actually compiled much to my shock. My Switch is being used at the moment, so would anyone care to test it out? No retroarch.cfg is provided just in case.

Source as well

Attachments

• nestopia-nx.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
Last edited by ZeroShift,
Reactions: Billy Acuña

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Not true on beetle vb, I was playing it last night. get rid of the config and try it
Read the text, delete the *.cfg
Huh, I tried the configs that were packed with the cores already. When I got rid of the old versions of the cores I also took the config files I had with them and replaced them with the newer configs.

Also, @ZeroShift:
Which exception handling attempts do you still remember? How did you get rid of them? Getting rid of what caused the errors?

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Huh, I tried the configs that were packed with the cores already. When I got rid of the old versions of the cores I also took the config files I had with them and replaced them with the newer configs.

Also, @ZeroShift:
Which exception handling attempts do you still remember? How did you get rid of them? Getting rid of what caused the errors?

Delete means delete. Let it figure out its config itself

Reactions: wicksand420

ZeroShift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also, @ZeroShift:

They were only compiler errors due to Nestopia being filled with error exception handing code, and the libnx addition to the makefile has -fno-exceptions. I changed it to -fexceptions initially with no luck after successfully compiling so I hand removed all of them. All of them are in the source page provided in my last post
Empty screen after rom load
So exactly what it's been doing, oh well.

Reactions: m4xw

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Who wants CPU Cores (doesn't boot ROM's yet, but gfx runs threaded! But not like we can fully use 8 cores :/)

qi99Yzo.jpg

ZeroShift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who wants CPU Cores (doesn't boot ROM's yet, but gfx runs threaded! But not like we can fully use 8 cores :/)

Yes please. I'd love to use run-ahead without massive slowdown.

Coincidentally, run-ahead tends to crash games in fceumm. A shame really, but I was honestly surprised it even worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaiE6_-OTfE