Homebrew Why does my Region Changed 3DS LL display in Japanese?

swankerme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a NEW 3DS LL (Japanese) that I CFW and region changed to USA. I have working USA E-Shop as well. Everything is in USA English. However, when I install Region Free titles, they default install as Japanese (two examples, Pokedex 3D Pro and PKSM). Also, when I use FBI, most of the titles (but not all) display in Japanese.

Is there any way to change this internal setting so that EVERYTHING defaults to USA English?

Reactions: peteruk

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a NEW 3DS LL (Japanese) that I CFW and region changed to USA. I have working USA E-Shop as well. Everything is in USA English. However, when I install Region Free titles, they default install as Japanese (two examples, Pokedex 3D Pro and PKSM). Also, when I use FBI, most of the titles (but not all) display in Japanese.

Is there any way to change this internal setting so that EVERYTHING defaults to USA English?
Region changing the system will never translate games that have one language

swankerme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about Region Free CIAs. If I install PKSM on one of my native-USA region 3DS, the app properly displays English. However, these games/apps seem to default to Japanese on my Region Changed 3DS LL.

Even Pokemon Sun/X/Alpha Sapphire, for example, are Region Free. However, they display in FBI as Japanese, and default to Japanese when started. The same CIAs display/install in English on my native 3DS XLs.

Reactions: peteruk

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Region changin' haves some funny side effects most of the time.
I don't know if LumaLocaleSwitcher still works on the latest release of Luma3DS, but you could try it to force the language you want on the games you need it. To use the locale emulation function on Luma3DS you need to have game patching activated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol