Hacking Homebrew Misc 3DS Game voice language doesn't seem to change even after swapping locales

neptunia011

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game in particular that I'm trying to fix the voices of is Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

While the region swapping itself works fine, the voices mainly from the Sonic crew is still in JP no matter what setting it's on.

I myself have a New 3DS LL, so it is a JP model, but it does have cfw and was region swapped to NA via CTR, and I do own the USA release of the game.

I did try multiple ways;

from changing the locale from the LLSwitcher to USA/EN, doing it manually, specifying the extra region codes in locale.txt, reinstalling the game in NA and EU, set the language in English from the system settings, imported seeds via FBI, and enabled game patching from Luma.

The game itself isn't broken, and I did try other 3ds games to see if it was systemic; but they did the job well on the voice side of things. Even M&S at Rio 2016.

It's this one specific game that, while minor, still bugs me that I couldn't find a solution even after extensive research. I'm not even sure where to even report or ask help from as I'm unsure which source or community would even be the right place to ask. I hope in the right spot.

If anyone has the similar issue with this game, or another game;
regardless of what 3ds model you own, or know a way to try resolving,
feel free to comment.

video proof attachment below:

Attachments

• vidproof1.mp4
    41.3 MB

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is entirely possible that the English voices are only present in the English version of the game. (It is rather surprising that the same is not true with other versions, if that's what you're saying.)

Reactions: Ryccardo

neptunia011

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is entirely possible that the English voices are only present in the English version of the game. (It is rather surprising that the same is not true with other versions, if that's what you're saying.)
I would think so, at least when I got the North American release, but I still had no luck on my end in the voices working properly

Even with other regional releases, the same issue applies so ye, I am surprised

Last edited by neptunia011,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto