How to change system default language using LumaLocaleSwitcher

Jay_Utopia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a 3DS region-changed from Japan to USA. All of my games are already in English, but the console itself, and any text is has (such as system text and the title cards for games) is still in Japanese, and thus, navigating through any sort of settings can be a nightmare. Is there any way, LumaLocaleSwitcher or otherwise, to switch the system's default language so I can read everything normally?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got a 3DS region-changed from Japan to USA.
A region-changed unit by definition has a different Home menu language; that is the whole point to a region change.

Are saying that your unit is "region-changed" simply because you can run U-region games? Because any unit with CFW can do that.

navigating through any sort of settings can be a nightmare
How often are you going to do that, really? If it's a "nightmare" you can always follow along in a Youtube video or use Google Lens.

Jay_Utopia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A region-changed unit by definition has a different Home menu language; that is the whole point to a region change.

Are saying that your unit is "region-changed" simply because you can run U-region games? Because any unit with CFW can do that.
Quite honestly, I'm not entirely sure, but given that my home menu language is still Japanese, I suppose that must mean it's not region-changed. Sorry for the confusion (Though now this opens a whole new can of worms, as I guess I'll have to figure out HOW to perform a legit region change...)

And as for the whole nightmare part, It's just that I don't always have access to my phone or another device capable of using a translation picture. I'll admit it is a bit colourful on my part to say it's a nightmare, but it's mostly just hyperbole.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quite honestly, I'm not entirely sure, but given that my home menu language is still Japanese, I suppose that must mean it's not region-changed. Sorry for the confusion (Though now this opens a whole new can of worms, as I guess I'll have to figure out HOW to perform a legit region change...)
https://3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing its a fairly straight forward thing. just make sure all your data is backed up with checkpoint or jksm before ya do that.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Jay_Utopia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a fairly straight forward thing. just make sure all your data is backed up with checkpoint or jksm before ya do that.
The guide says I won't be able to use Pokemon Bank after region-changing; is there a work around at all to this issue? I vaguely remember seeing something about this exact problem not necessarily applying to old 3DS systems, and I'm fairly certain the one I've got is one of those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto