Hacking Mario & Luigi games on hacked Japanese New 3DS

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, so I finally got my own Japanese New 3DS LL, and I installed CFW on it. After installing several games on it, I noticed that the Mario & Luigi RPG games, all USA region, don't display any banners, while the other games do. Is it because of the region they were created for, and they don't have any banners to display for Japanese region systems? If so, is it something that can be solved by changing the system's region?

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but why didn't you set the region for the USA when you were homebrewing the console since you're in the USA?

I did find this after a quick search, so it probably is the region thing that's messing with your banners:

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, so I finally got my own Japanese New 3DS LL, and I installed CFW on it. After installing several games on it, I noticed that the Mario & Luigi RPG games, all USA region, don't display any banners, while the other games do. Is it because of the region they were created for, and they don't have any banners to display for Japanese region systems? If so, is it something that can be solved by changing the system's region?

You can region change if you want to update games via eshop you need a second Japanese N3DS line to allow you eshop access after region change.

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but why didn't you set the region for the USA when you were homebrewing the console since you're in the USA?

I did find this after a quick search, so it probably is the region thing that's messing with your banners:

At first I didn't plan to, but after experiencing this, as well as always having to use Google Translate to translate all the Japanese text that I don't understand, I think I'm going to change the region of my system now.

Reactions: anotherthing

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Japanese New 2DS XL(The Pokeball one), homebrewed, and making it a USA region console was one of my first priorities. That's mainly because I love collecting the game cartridges, and being in the USA, that's pretty much what I can find in all the retro game brick and mortars around here. I actually enjoy ripping cartridges and doing the tedious things on occation when I have time to do such. That and I don't speak Japanese and it's way too foreign of a language to bother learning at my age.

I can see leaving it as a Japanese console if you spoke Japanese and collected Japanese cartridges, though. I guess as a rule of thumb, always make it the region you have access to the most things you'll get for it.

Reactions: MushGuy

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Japanese New 2DS XL(The Pokeball one), homebrewed, and making it a USA region console was one of my first priorities. That's mainly because I love collecting the game cartridges, and being in the USA, that's pretty much what I can find in all the retro game brick and mortars around here. I actually enjoy ripping cartridges and doing the tedious things on occation when I have time to do such. That and I don't speak Japanese and it's way too foreign of a language to bother learning at my age.

I can see leaving it as a Japanese console if you spoke Japanese and collected Japanese cartridges, though. I guess as a rule of thumb, always make it the region you have access to the most things you'll get for it.
You know you can region change it to EU or NA region, to change the language. Follow this guide if you want to.

Reactions: anotherthing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto